ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans recruiting comments

Jun 2, 2019
I notice he said Jonathan Kuminga was likely going to Auburn,LSU or Texas Tech.I thought Duke was the favorite?He also said the top 3 for Moussa Cisse was Florida State,LSU and Memphis.I don't get why these talented bigs don't want UK anymore.

Last edited:
Have to admit that I am worried about getting a big next season.We don't seem to be in good with any of them.

I notice he said Jonathan Kuminga was likely going to Auburn,LSU or Texas Tech.I thought Duke was the favorite?He also said the top 3 for Moussa Cisse was Florida State,LSU and Memphis.I don't get why these talented bigs don't want UK anymore.
So...

Auburn (fbi)
LSU (fbi)
Memphis (Hardeway paying Wiseman)
Duke (allegedly paying Williamson)

You don't get why players pick these schools over UK?

Neither of those two struck me as gettable for several reasons.

When I hear LSU, I don’t want them because to me that says they want the money.

He came so close to leaving last season that I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves to play overseas,

Do we really know he came close last year? Also any interest then was based on unknown potential. Now more is known and it’s not good. Even if he is a little better, his stock is lower. So unless he is like Johnson was and his family really could use d-league money (and I’m not sure he could even get that), I think he returns. He’s seen first-hand how much staying for JR year will earn Nick!!! That has to increase odds return too.

Have to admit that I am worried about getting a big next season.We don't seem to be in good with any of them.
You realize we have 4 at least already ? LOL We do need 1 more center but with the net we have cast we will get one for sure . If we lose EJ we might add a 5th big as well. But we have a top 15 player in Jackson who is a one and done pf ( college center ) and 2 2 and done combo forwards in Fletcher and Ware and also at least Brooks coming back . So that is 4 .

We do need to add 1 more but we have loaded up on good forwards this recruiting class.

In terms of Kuminga I always thought that was the case as he seems like the dude who wants to be a big fish small pond . Way too many good bigs at Duke next year ( and at UK too ) and people who don't understand sports will say " but Kuminga is better then all those guys blah blah " but that isn't how it works. He still will have to share those minutes just like Mcdaniels and Blackshear knew they would with the 4 bigs we have . That matters big time.

We have Cliff O , Banchero , Cisse , Kia Sotto , and the grad option route . We will add 1-2 more bigs still. I haven't completely given up on EJ either but I wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully what Richards did leaves an impression. That's why I want Richards to win lots of awards as that even furthers that .

You realize we have 4 at least already ? LOL We do need 1 more center but with the net we have cast we will get one for sure . If we lose EJ we might add a 5th big as well. But we have a top 15 player in Jackson who is a one and done pf ( college center ) and 2 2 and done combo forwards in Fletcher and Ware and also at least Brooks coming back . So that is 4 .

We do need to add 1 more but we have loaded up on good forwards this recruiting class.

In terms of Kuminga I always thought that was the case as he seems like the dude who wants to be a big fish small pond . Way too many good bigs at Duke next year ( and at UK too ) and people who don't understand sports will say " but Kuminga is better then all those guys blah blah " but that isn't how it works. He still will have to share those minutes just like Mcdaniels and Blackshear knew they would with the 4 bigs we have . That matters big time.

We have Cliff O , Banchero , Cisse , Kia Sotto , and the grad option route . We will add 1-2 more bigs still. I haven't completely given up on EJ either but I wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully what Richards did leaves an impression. That's why I want Richards to win lots of awards as that even furthers that .
Nothing against the young man but I would take a big pass on Kia Sotto. UK will have to take on the basketball world with undersized centers.

We have 0 centers. The biggest guy coming in is 6'9" and 205 pounds (that's about the size EJ was when he got here). The next guy is 5 pounds lighter. I don't see either of them as a post player at this level just like EJ isn't. Unless they can add a bunch of weight or make up for it with ridiculous athleticism, we will be in even worse shape next year (if we don't sign anyone else).

Cal either needs to go away from this type of offense that needs a very good center to be successful or he has to find a way to start getting them more often again. We can't keep relying on undersized grad transfers that play below the rim.

Any grad transfers on horizon or too early for that? DK implied that Banchero was a silent verbal. I am not buying that for 1 minute

Lately EVERY year it seems we’re always missing that “one” piece ...

“Miss” on Cade Cunningham ... and if Quickley leaves ... we really have 1 true PG in Askew ...

We’ll have wings and 4s ... and no “true” 5...

I’m sure Cal will figure it out. At least I hope so...

Still trying to figure out why everyone so attracted to go to LSU. $$$$$

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The talented high school centers are waiting to see what Richards is going to do. Right now, he is a second rounder so potentially he can come back. That is what is scaring away the bigs.

Brown, Cisse, and Kuminga are going the Anthony Edwards route. Lets see if it plays out for them. I have my doubts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT