ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans recruiting comments

With how bad the cheating has been, Cal probably should take a blanket approach. If you're a 5-star but you're 24th.. so be it. We can't wait for these top5 players to maybe pick us, if they aren't swayed by a dozen of outside influences.

We wasted a lot of time, and other recruiting avenues, going after guys like McDaniels and Bolden. I'm not saying DON'T go after them.. just that we need to take what's available to us, even if it's a slightly lesser recruit.

The talented high school centers are waiting to see what Richards is going to do. Right now, he is a second rounder so potentially he can come back. That is what is scaring away the bigs.

I think he's a 1st rounder at this point.. with how bad the draft looks as a whole. That, and some team is going to tell him he's like 15th anyways. That always always seems to happen to us.

Still, I will take him over any and every recruit.

It takes special guy to want to work this hard. We change all of our players, but we especially change our big men. They've had it so easy in high school because they were so big. But now they are going to have to learn how to really do things. It's going to be hard, and uncomfortable and painful, and probably pretty depressing when they realize they can't catch, they can't shoot, and they have no lungs and no strength. They can't stay out of foul trouble, they don't have their feet in the right place, and they don't move well. I am not sure how many 17-18 year olds really have the long view and see this year (or two) as career preparation. Guards have it a lot easier I think. If you get an offer from Kentucky, IN THEORY you are already a good shooter and ball handler, you've already been playing full games in high school so your fitness level is at least somewhat close. We will teach you decision making, but many of your gifts are developed and suitable for what we are trying to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT