ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Jay Bilas

Almost intolerable! He does not need to do Duke games. He has a man crush on Coach K. He keeps repeating every game "Duke making stand still 3's will be the key". He heard Coach K say that to his team in the Kobe video. So cheesy

Yea it's hard to watch Duke play and listen to him call the game and sometimes Shulman slobbers along with him but I still like him.

Reactions: UKUGA
I wonder if he realizes how unprofessional he sounds. Compare him to NBA or NFL broadcasters.

He is a joke.

Even Herbstreet does not do the OSU gush. He calls the game right. Bilas is a joke. I’d rather listen Ronald McDonald. At least he admits a clown.

He slobbed for us when we were kicking butt.

It's how it goes. Don't like it? Then don't watch the most hyped Duke team in history.

And you're bringing an off topic to the table why? This has to do with how horrible bilas is, not UK's recruiting. Wow, you're dizzy.

You're right. Let's get back on topic.

Jay is horrible! How dare he talk about a team that thrashed the #2 team like they did?!?! The outrage of describing a team that features the top 3 picks in the draft playing for the best coach of the modern era!

What is he thinking!?!?

You're right. Let's get back on topic.

Jay is horrible! How dare he talk about a team that thrashed the #2 team like they did?!?! The outrage of describing a team that features the top 3 picks in the draft playing for the best coach of the modern era!

What is he thinking!?!?
Dramatize much? [roll]
If the whole world can see the bias, I'm not sure what that says about you.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Dramatize much? [roll]
If the whole world can see the bias, I'm not sure what that says about you.

I see the bias. I just don't care anymore.

The irony is that while UK's OAD kingdom is in flames, some of you are complaining about the weather outside the gates. We've got much bigger issues right now than Jay's bias.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
If you guys can think of a legit way to make it stop I’m all ears but whining about it accomplishes nothing

Turning it off works remarkably well. A couple of years ago, I’d had all I could take. Finally decided that there was no good reason for me to give any attention to ESPN telecasts, especially the college gameday show featuring two Dukies.

So I quit watching. And I’ve watched almost zero since.

I watch our games. I sometimes watch the SEC Network highlights. I’ll catch bits and pieces of other games.

But I don’t give Jay Bilas and those other chumps any of my time or attention, unless they happen to be calling our game.

Personally, I’m a lot happier for it. I watch more NBA. I watch NBATV a lot, which is much more balanced coverage.

College basketball is mostly dead to me, ever since UNC was let off the hook. Then Bagley getting hand delivered to Duke was the icing on the cake.

I enjoy watching Bagley for the Kings, because I didn’t watch him enough at Duke to grow to hate him. I would tune it in at the end if they were behind though.

And I’m sure I’ll have fun watching Zion in the league, wherever he lands. That’s where he should be. College basketball these days is about as respectable as the WWE. It’s a clown show.

I’ll always love my Cats though.

Turning it off works remarkably well. A couple of years ago, I’d had all I could take. Finally decided that there was no good reason for me to give any attention to ESPN telecasts, especially the college gameday show featuring two Dukies.

I watch our games. I sometimes watch the SEC Network highlights. I’ll catch bits and pieces of other games.

But I don’t give Jay Bilas and those other chumps any of my time or attention, unless they happen to be calling our game.

Personally, I’m a lot happier for it. I watch more NBA. I watch NBATV a lot, which is much more balanced coverage.

College basketball is mostly dead to me, ever since UNC was let off the hook. Then Bagley getting hand delivered to Duke was the icing on the cake.

I enjoy watching Bagley for the Kings, because I didn’t watch him enough at Duke to grow to hate him. I would tune it at the end if they were behind though.

And I’m sure I’ll have fun watching Zion in the league, wherever he lands. That’s where he should be. College basketball these days is about as respectable as the WWE. It’s a clown show.

I don’t watch espn anymore unless it’s a cats game and even then sometimes I sync it up with leach and Pratt

I watched a little bit of the Duke/AU game tonight but not much. It really didn't interest me that much. Regarding Bilas, well, he's just another eSpn shlep IMO. He used to be pretty good but anymore he just slurps Duke/UNC as instructed...like Vitale does. Anyway, I watch the CATS but if I have a game on the TV that's on eSpN it's basically on for background noise. Maybe I need to turn on the radio instead? :oops::alien:

Reactions: Aike

I enjoy watching Bagley for the Kings, because I didn’t watch him enough at Duke to grow to hate him. I would tune it in at the end if they were behind though.

Nail/Hammer...you know. It's crazy, eSpn used to be good...A long Time Ago...

Nail/Hammer...you know. It's crazy, eSpn used to be good...A long Time Ago...

It’s interesting, ratings were down last year for all three Duke/UNC telecasts compared to the previous year. The first couple were down double digits.

So Nike went out and built Duke a super team, and they will be all we hear about for months. They want us to love them. They want us to hate them. They just want us watching.

If enough people turn it off, eventually things will change. But I don’t have time to worry about that. I know it helps my peace of mind to stay away. If it isn’t fun, what’s the point?

Yep. I don't watch the stupid gameday stuff. Don't listen to them talk and spin. If they are calling a UK game, mute is how I watch it. To each his own, but they are incapable of being objective, so I don't know why folks listen to them.

Reactions: Aike

I didn't watch either, and I won't watch Duke play a single game the rest of the year unless we meet again in the Tournament. I stopped watching our game with them at halftime because one half of a game is all I wanted to see of that bought and paid for "superteam". It would just piss me off to watch it anymore, so why?

Duke cheated like hell to have this team. Perhaps Nike did the dirty work for them. Doesn't matter. NCAA will turn the other cheek like with Carolina, so why not?

Calipari seemed defeated today because he knows he's trying to please the most demanding fanbase without a level playing field. He's still the best recruiter, but even he can't out-recruit money.

He essentially stated as such by saying he wants the best players, but also wants to be able to sleep at night.

Cheating has always been prevalent in amateur athletics. However, shoe companies now have more influence than ever and the money is bigger than ever.

College basketball is going the way of WWE unless drastic/widespread changes are made.

I didn't watch either, and I won't watch Duke play a single game the rest of the year unless we meet again in the Tournament. I stopped watching our game with them at halftime because one half of a game is all I wanted to see of that bought and paid for "superteam". It would just piss me off to watch it anymore, so why?

Duke cheated like hell to have this team. Perhaps Nike did the dirty work for them. Doesn't matter. NCAA will turn the other cheek like with Carolina, so why not?

Calipari seemed defeated today because he knows he's trying to please the most demanding fanbase without a level playing field. He's still the best recruiter, but even he can't out-recruit money.

He essentially stated as such by saying he wants the best players, but also wants to be able to sleep at night.

Cheating has always been prevalent in amateur athletics. However, shoe companies now have more influence than ever and the money is bigger than ever.

College basketball is going the way of WWE unless drastic/widespread changes are made.
Damnnnn Cal said that?! Well then, there you have it. Not hard to piece together IMO.

Why does Espn allow him to do the duke games? They’ve got Walton there, why not let him do the duke games and bilas do the others?

Because ESPN (Endless stupid people network) and Duke are the twin brothers.
They were attached on the butts at birth.
Bilas is the illegitimate child of Rat face.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatfanMike47
Bilas is what we say he is here,but it doesn't stop there.I was watching Sportscenter late and they were doing a recap of Duke/Auburn.Someone (didn't catch who )said Duke didn't play all that well but still won by double digits,since when is six points double digits? No one even bothered to correct the statement.They were all to busy praising Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT