ADVERTISEMENT

Conference PPG

Lately he seems to have settled into the facilitator role and hitting the occasional 3 when needed. With all the weapons we now have maybe he doesn't need to have a big scoring game that often.
Facilitation is a good thing.
He can / will score, as needed.

Reactions: ORCAT
Reed's due for another big scoring game...get some cushion between him and the double-digit mark
Conference play has been a bit of an adjustment for him. Guards have been able to stay in front of him when he attempts to drive, it’s definitely an athletic league. All attempts besides 2 have been three point tries. Still shooting the ball well of course 12/23 (52.2%) from the Field, 11/21 from 3 (52.4%).

He needs to be attempting 5 threes per game minimum, but the averages he’s hit at for 17 games now, he really
Should be pulling 6-7 times a game. We all see him passing up looks. Not going to criticize his unselfishness, but he should be being nudged by staff and teammates alike to shoot more!

Keep up the good work young man and pull, pull, pull!!

Reed is doing his thing. He is the ultimate teammate. He can get 12 in 2 minutes just about anytime if he has to. Just like Rob D. Now with Z also hitting outside shots we can really open things up. We will probably now see 3 guys come in off the bench early in games, maybe 4 if Adou is back.

Lately he seems to have settled into the facilitator role and hitting the occasional 3 when needed. With all the weapons we now have maybe he doesn't need to have a big scoring game that often.

It kind of makes me wonder, for a guy who was SO hot to start the year, saving us in several games, why he sort of pulled back when he was starting to be seen as a potential 1st round draft pick.

Could he have relayed to staff that he intended to come back regardless, to work on his game, and to then have other players be more of the focus?

Maybe that's wishful thinking hahah. But it's VERY odd to see this from a player, who really hasn't shown scouts all that much over the last month.

It kind of makes me wonder, for a guy who was SO hot to start the year, saving us in several games, why he sort of pulled back when he was starting to be seen as a potential 1st round draft pick.

Could he have relayed to staff that he intended to come back regardless, to work on his game, and to then have other players be more of the focus?

Maybe that's wishful thinking hahah. But it's VERY odd to see this from a player, who really hasn't shown scouts all that much over the last month.
Teams are making him more of an emphasis in their defensive game planning too. So that’s a factor.

Antonio is our best player. And it is not even close really. He has been the 1 thing that is consistent game in and game out. He is the veteran assassin. He not only gets buckets when we have to have them. but he has a calming effect on the young guys. He and Mitchell are 2 very good leaders. Without them, this team is not near as good. Having two 5th year guys is just so valuable. I can't remeber Reeves having one off game. Maybe early, but game in and game out, he is going to get you 20-25. He is also rebounding better and actually a really good passer. You can tell he has really worked on his game, especially driving it and the little 12 to 15 foot pull up. He is shooting a ton more free throws per game compared to last year, it is because he has become very aggressive taking it inside the arc.

This is kind of absurd.
It really is. I can't remember a UK team (maybe the 1996 team) that could score like this. I know we all get ill with the defense, but when you're scoring like this (and by the way, against some good defenses), it's tough to complain. I feel like this team will do what it takes to win. They'll score 100 if it's needed, and it may be needed with our porous defense.

Georgia averaged giving up 70 per game. We had almost 90 with 12 to go. Same for Mississippi State. One of the top ranked defenses in the nation, we hung 90 on them. UNC Wilmington was our lowest output I believe. Talk about a do over, would love to have a chance to run that game back at home.

Georgia averaged giving up 70 per game. We had almost 90 with 12 to go. Same for Mississippi State. One of the top ranked defenses in the nation, we hung 90 on them. UNC Wilmington was our lowest output I believe. Talk about a do over, would love to have a chance to run that game back at home.
Yep...also looking forward to a potential rematch w/ KU. See if Dickinson can fare as well w/ us throwing 3 seven footers at him

Reactions: dl51344
Even more so with him was that worry for Mitchell of getting in foul trouble. Mitchell is our 4th string center now~!
Still our best 4, but if he gets in foul trouble now, Z (or Adou when he gets back) can plug in there w/out missing a beat

Conference play has been a bit of an adjustment for him. Guards have been able to stay in front of him when he attempts to drive, it’s definitely an athletic league. All attempts besides 2 have been three point tries. Still shooting the ball well of course 12/23 (52.2%) from the Field, 11/21 from 3 (52.4%).

He needs to be attempting 5 threes per game minimum, but the averages he’s hit at for 17 games now, he really
Should be pulling 6-7 times a game. We all see him passing up looks. Not going to criticize his unselfishness, but he should be being nudged by staff and teammates alike to shoot more!

Keep up the good work young man and pull, pull, pull!!

💯

A lot of weapons on this team. If someone is having an off night, we got about 3-4 guys ready to take over

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT