ADVERTISEMENT

Coen having 2nd thoughts...what to make of it

I think I have to go with Bubba-55 and bfeeley on this topic.

Seldom in internet history have two posters in a mere combined 12 posts over something approaching 60 days of membership earned more respect than these topic-twins have earned.

And frankly, who could possibly argue with bfeeley’s ironclad logic that (1) he ain’t coming, but (2) if he does, he sucks?

Logic such as this is most likely formed in the wee hours, whilst walking in Jefferson County, and catching upon the wind the hint of cheap perfume and cheaper liquor in the immediate vicinity of Manardi Hall.

Reactions: mrschwump
Here is how I see it. All serious discussion doubting Coen's pending relocation to Lexington is coming out of the LA media. None of it is coming from the Kentucky media except where a Kentucky based writer is citing an LA source.

Coen has been instructed by Sean McVay to end the season "the right way". Anyone who has ever been responsible for an organization understands what this means. McVay is asking Coen to stay focused on the Rams and not disrupt or erode team chemistry while their season is still in progress. We can say the Rams aren't playing for anything, now that they are eliminated from the playoffs. But McVay doesn't see it that way. His job is to have his team ready for each game. The offseason is the time when NFL assistant coaches move on.

Most importantly, Coen could have publicly removed his name from consideration for the UK OC job. He hasn't done that, despite having been asked about it by the LA media. That means he wants the UK job. Who can blame him?

Devin Leary had options, and I seriously doubt he would have committed to UK without knowing who his OC will be in Lexington. And nobody in the Kentucky media has breathed even a hint that Stoops may still be looking for a plan B OC. Because he isn't.

Only one reasonable conclusion remains. Liam Coen will formally accept the UK OC job as soon as the Rams' season is over. Until then, he will remain quiet because that is his agreement with McVay.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack and Davae9
I really don’t think this is as hard as everyone makes it. McVay was always going to try another year after winning the SB but he wants to do TV for a little break. He will do that this year.

Essentially everything that could go wrong for LA on offense went wrong especially injuries. Coen isn’t considered an NFL head coach candidate.

He will be the next OC of Kentucky. And we should all be very excited about it. He will actually have a spring with his QB and he has way more WR/TE options than he had 2 years ago.

Reactions: The-Hack
I really don’t think this is as hard as everyone makes it. McVay was always going to try another year after winning the SB but he wants to do TV for a little break. He will do that this year.

Essentially everything that could go wrong for LA on offense went wrong especially injuries. Coen isn’t considered an NFL head coach candidate.

He will be the next OC of Kentucky. And we should all be very excited about it. He will actually have a spring with his QB and he has way more WR/TE options than he had 2 years ago.

Yes I do

• Haha
Reactions: BlueInTheBoro
I’ve got the Pinto Station Wagon hooked up to a U-Haul and warming up now.

Stafford is supposed to be putting 2 qts of oil in it every hour.

We shall see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT