ADVERTISEMENT

Coen having 2nd thoughts...what to make of it

Coen is doing what he has to do to preserve his future...which, he hopes is in the league. You don't go around talking about your next job while you're still collecting checks from your current employer. At least not in the NFL.

I'm as worried about Coen not being OC next year as I'm worried this bottle of Blanton's I just got won't be worth the price. Have you ever had a bad bottle of Blanton's?
I don’t know if the Blanton’s is worth what they are asking for it now days! I love it! I like all the Buffalo Trace products, but some of it is unobtainable for me! I just mainly collect barrel proofs and single barrel stuff anymore. My local store had Pappy a while back, 10 year for 1k, 12 years for $1200! Price gouging!

I think coen liked it fine. His wife I'm not convinced. Of course his folks probably have no choice but to say what they said
Just like he had no choice to say what he said yesterday when asked. He is still a coach at LA and can't say yep I'm gone. It's what coaches do. Pitino said he was going nowhere and left a couple of days later. Satterfield was actively interviewing while saying he was going no were. It's just what they do to save face and this comment is no different. As other have said if he was not coming we don't get commitments from Leary and Stoops is still looking.

Just like he had no choice to say what he said yesterday when asked. He is still a coach at LA and can't say yep I'm gone. It's what coaches do. Pitino said he was going nowhere and left a couple of days later. Satterfield was actively interviewing while saying he was going no were. It's just what they do to save face and this comment is no different. As other have said if he was not coming we don't get commitments from Leary and Stoops is still looking.
The fact that we have heard of no movement whatsoever on other candidates is enough for me. That being said, anything is possible in this day and age.

Reactions: Rockford and catben
And Kentucky isn’t good at scoring points..all 4 playoff teams this year were top 11 nationally in scoring so unless coen can get this group to top 15-20 I’m not interested
keep trying to troll little fella...............after all it is all you got

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
He may be coming, but I've never been convinced he and lady are fond of Lexington. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
I think they liked Lexington fine its just not home for either so it made sense for her to want to back closer to home. I know they rented last time here instead of buying but thats not unusual the first year for new coaches moving in.

Lame attempt by OP. Coen is coming and everybody within the program knows it. Sorry to hear you have no insider information.

Now you do.

Reactions: Rockford
Leary had to have talked to Coen, he wouldn’t have committed not knowing who his coach was gonna be. Leary could have went most anywhere!
This. A number of pundits think we won the QB transfer portal lottery. Leary was listed as the best available by many.

Reactions: entropy13
I don’t know if the Blanton’s is worth what they are asking for it now days! I love it! I like all the Buffalo Trace products, but some of it is unobtainable for me! I just mainly collect barrel proofs and single barrel stuff anymore. My local store had Pappy a while back, 10 year for 1k, 12 years for $1200! Price gouging!

It's been $300 a bottle up here for about a decade and is rarely on anybody's shelf to purchase anyway, so I don't buy it often and it lasts a good long while when I do.

I went Wednesday to get a new bottle of Angels Envy and they happened to have a Blanton's. Asked how much, guy said 150, and I couldn't not buy it. Was like a kid on Christmas.

If you're doing barrel proofs, get a bottle of bulleit barrel proof and a cocktail smoker. That's the perfect bourbon to smoke, imo. Aged & Charred makes a really easy to use top lid smoke kit for about $100, torch and butane included. I use it practically any time I have a drink.

It's been $300 a bottle up here for about a decade and is rarely on anybody's shelf to purchase anyway, so I don't buy it often and it lasts a good long while when I do.

I went Wednesday to get a new bottle of Angels Envy and they happened to have a Blanton's. Asked how much, guy said 150, and I couldn't not buy it. Was like a kid on Christmas.

If you're doing barrel proofs, get a bottle of bulleit barrel proof and a cocktail smoker. That's the perfect bourbon to smoke, imo. Aged & Charred makes a really easy to use top lid smoke kit for about $100, torch and butane included. I use it practically any time I have a drink.

I got two bottles of Blanton’s a while back for $100 a bottle, I really didn’t want to give that much but I did. I’ve been picking up some Eagle Rare and Taylor along for decent prices. I bought a Bulleit barrel proof At the ABC in Virginia, I like 1792 for the money, it’s hard to beat!

I got two bottles of Blanton’s a while back for $100 a bottle, I really didn’t want to give that much but I did. I’ve been picking up some Eagle Rare and Taylor along for decent prices. I bought a Bulleit barrel proof At the ABC in Virginia, I like 1792 for the money, it’s hard to beat!
Ever heard of Slipknot No9 small batch?

Elijah Craig Single-Barrel is worth a look.
Yep! I found a ECBP and the Single barrel at the ABC in Virginia in November, picked up one of each, very fair price for each. So much good bourbon has vanished, or is just so expensive now.

Reactions: megablue
Heard of Coen doesn’t pan out, Eddie Gran is going to take over.

Only kidding (I hope)

You are fabricating here. The column does not say or imply Coen is "having second thoughts" (your words). It only confirms he has not formally announced his relocation. But Coen also hasn't denied it or pulled his name from the Kentucky OC conversation, which is far more significant. He is doing what McVay asked by finishing the season the "right way".

If Coen wasn't coming to UK, a search would be underway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT