ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pope's best game at Kentucky

How well I remember that game!

My then girlfriend, now my wife, was a Maryland graduate, and had been at Maryland when Len Bias was there (a freshman his last year.) But she wasn't really a hoops fan. We were visiting my family for Thanksgiving in Kentucky and it was her first time there with me and all my brothers and my father, going nuts during a Cats game.

Almost 30 years later, we are still together. She's a Wildcat fan. And we had a daughter who attended Maryland and a son who insisted on going out of state to be a Kentucky Wildcat.

Last edited:
How well I remember that game!

My then girlfriend, now my wife, was a Maryland graduate, and had been at Maryland when Len Bias was there (a freshman his last year.) But she wasn't really a hoops fan. We were visiting my family for Thanksgiving and it was her first time there with me and all my brothers and my father, going nuts during a Kentucky game.

Almost 30 years later, we are still together. She's a Wildcat fan. And we had a daughter who attended Maryland and a son who insisted on going out of state to be a Kentucky Wildcat.
Now THAT'S the kind of story I like to hear.

I don't know what his point total was in the game but it seems like in that great 1995 SEC tourney championship against Arkansas, Antoine Walker was the star and Epps had late game heroics but it was Pope who kept coming up with big shots and rebounds at key times when it looked like Arkansas was getting ready to run away with it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT