ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pope ran out of gas on broadway

WTF? I thought this thread would be about Pope or something. We have a spirited debate, with multiple posters going at it, about EV's vs gasoline vehicles? Never change, rafters.

I fell into these cars while shopping for a more gas efficient ride several years ago. Commuting in a Wrangler (lifted) and a Suburban (boat) at $600/mo had me looking. Came across our first EV 4 years ago, then added two more. Still have an old RAM 2500 for camper towing, but that's just for summer. And electric costs for three cars averages around $60/mo, a dramatic drop from $600/mo with two gas hogs. Then there's zero maintenance besides tires every 3-4 years and brake pads around 150,000 miles.

Oh and they're fast - your 5.0 F150 and every single 5.0 Mustang ever made would still be sitting on the line while the Tesla is halfway down the 1/4 mile track. :) The most fun challengers are the lifted turbo diesels and little Subaru rice burners - lots of noise, not a lot of GO, and 100% of them are in my rear view mirror in 3 seconds.

I understand the combustion engine purists who love the feel and sound of a good old American muscle car (albeit still slow...lots of noise, but no GO!), but what I don't understand are those that are anti-EV for a reason they can't even explain. They just mumble "buh, buh, GAS!"
I have an EV and we like it very much, but I wouldn't have it if I couldn't have an ICE machine. EV's still have limitations, especially if you live in a rural area.

I just think finding a charging station and waiting for it charge would be a hassle. I believe car makers should invest more into hybrids at this point. I believe they would be more suitable for more people.
TESLA cars tells you when you need to get to a charger and finds the chargers for you.

As for hybrids, you still have to service them like all ICE machines and that was the primary reason I bought a TESLA.

To a man, whenever someone tries to show off and beat me off the line or tries to cut me off/cut in front of me, it's a smarmy Tesla dork. Everytime. It's uncanny.
I live in Yorba Linda,ca and there are more Teslas here than any other place-imo You can't drive 2 blocks without seeing 2-3. And that expensive wierd looking pickup truck that costs 100k are getting plentiful. In fact one of my neighbors 2 homes away has recently got one of them. I'll stick to my Toyota SUV and get there just like you do. We use about 50.00 worth of gasoline per month. Wanna race, well no, I did that years ago in Super Stock. Ended up throwing away my trophies...memories..."sigh"

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT