ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pope offers Tay Kinney!

Have not seen him play, I wonder what others think of this? I wonder if we're leading for any PGs for next year.

Don’t know where we stand with other PG’s but Kinney is legit. He has offers from Kansas, UT, UL, Texas, and many others. He’s on the small side but if Rob Dillingham can put on 20lbs of muscle, so can Tay.

Definitely going to have a shot with him but I can confirm there are some “hurt feelings” that the offer didn’t come sooner over guys like Moreno and Jasper. The plan is for him to stay local so expect UK Xavier and UC to be major players. Go Cats!

Definitely going to have a shot with him but I can confirm there are some “hurt feelings” that the offer didn’t come sooner over guys like Moreno and Jasper. The plan is for him to stay local so expect UK Xavier and UC to be major players. Go Cats!

Not sure why he's a 2026 recruit not 2025? Anyways would love to keep him and like that he's considering all local teams.

Move away from this guy if he’s already upset and can’t understand that CMP is trying to fill out his next years roster with 2025 guys.

Moreno is a 7ft center and Jasper a5* sg. Both will play next year.

Kinney is a 2026 guy and is upset and wanted an offer before those 2 2025 guys??

Sounds like a me first guy.

Reactions: ORCAT
Move away from this guy if he’s already upset and can’t understand that CMP is trying to fill out his next years roster with 2025 guys.

Moreno is a 7ft center and Jasper a5* sg. Both will play next year.

Kinney is a 2026 guy and is upset and wanted an offer before those 2 2025 guys??

Sounds like a me first guy.
I don’t think it’s that deep man…just a kid who thinks highly of himself! Would definitely love him to be a Cat and if I had to guess…he will be! 😎

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I have seen him play several times.

He was very good on a loaded Newport team. Of course, he went down in the opening minutes of the 9th region finals. Newport still had enough firepower to beat Cooper. I also saw play several games this summer with Overtime Elite. I hate to see him leave Newport & the state - but that money & publicity is hard to turn down. Rumors of $500K. I’m not sure if that’s even accurate. Seems like a lot for a HS kid. He looked fully healthy again. Put down some massive dunks for a kid his size. Good finisher. Good shot. Not sure if he will grow beyond his current 6’1 height. Word from people who know him is that he held Newport & their strong personalities together. He is supposedly a born leader & led by example by putting the team first over me first ball. Lastly, for guys acting like he’s not on Jaspers level…… he was ranked in the top 30 of his class before his injury. I think he will be back there again.

Don't understand that.......Moreno and jasper are seniors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT