ADVERTISEMENT

Coach offers Anthony Thompson 2026 SF!

I posted about him 2 months back hoping he would land an offer. This kid is a 7 foot bucket from behind the arc. He is built for Pope’s offense. This is a must get kid my opinion. I do high school player evaluations here in Cincinnati.. this is my evaluation of him last fall/winter.

Averaging 15PPG and leading Lebanon in points per game, rebounds, and blocked shots, this young star is on his way to another great year statistically speaking.

Thompson is a smooth operator on the offensive side of the court, he consistently knocks down shots at all 3 levels: in limited space, off the dribble, and off the catch. His shooting form is flawless, his shot is consistent, effortless, and silky smooth. He takes what the defense gives him and does not get sped up or out of rhythm. His game is mature, he is patient and waits for the right opportunities to attack the defense.

He plays with extreme confidence and poise beyond his age. He is equally comfortable with his back to the basket, on the perimeter, driving to the basket, and pushing the ball up the court to start the break. Has great hands, reads and recognizes the defense, and makes the right play whether that is an offensive move to the basket or a pinpoint pass to set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Bad news for his opponents-he is extremely versatile, appears to still be growing and has not filled out his frame to reach his full potential. He is a phenomenal player now and will only become more dominant as he adds additional size and strength to complement his versatile skill set and high basketball IQ.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Nice stroke from deep, but needs to work on other parts of his game. Decent court awareness.

Looks pretty skilled. Pretty slow getting his shot off at this stage. That will have to significantly improve, but he's young. The most important part is he can make shots... he can work on the details of developing a quicker release.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT