ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Network on Split Screen

May 24, 2002
I use Direct TV Stream and I'm watching Alabama/SC on channel 611. For some reason, the screen is split and I can't undo it. In the lower right corner it says to tune to ABC for traditional viewing. I did this and the broadcast is in full screen mode. Why is channel 611 stuck in split screen mode and will it be that way tonight for UK/Vandy when there is no "traditional viewing" choice? I called Direct TV and they said it is an SEC TV issue.

I use Direct TV Stream and I'm watching Alabama/SC on channel 611. For some reason, the screen is split and I can't undo it. In the lower right corner it says to tune to ABC for traditional viewing. I did this and the broadcast is in full screen mode. Why is channel 611 stuck in split screen mode and will it be that way tonight for UK/Vandy when there is no "traditional viewing" choice? I called Direct TV and they said it is an SEC TV issue.
No. It's only when it's on both. They have done it on at least one of our games too. ABC is showing LSU/OLE MISS at the same time. Our game will be full screen. My YouTubeTv picks up the split screen version so I have to go search for ABC.

No. It's only when it's on both. They have done it on at least one of our games too. ABC is showing LSU/OLE MISS at the same time. Our game will be full screen. My YouTubeTv picks up the split screen version so I have to go search for ABC.
Correct take, Glenn.

Cats at Ole Miss game broadcast split-screen on SEC Network while normal broadcast on ABC.

Reactions: Glenn's take
Yeah my direct usually has the game that the SEC network command centering on ABC as a regular broadcast. So check your local ABC in the future.

My question is who in the world would choose to watch a game like that. Maybe it’s cause I’m old and don’t see well.. I just can’t do it.

It's not an issue. SEC Network does this every week. They show their "command center" broadcast on SEC Network for noon game and the regular broadcast on ABC. This isn't anything new. Cmon boomers. Command center broadcast available on SECN+ for later in the day games.

Because ABC contract picked up most of the games SEC network lost the exclusive to some of the games so instead of both just showing the same SEC shows the command center version

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT