ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K's first game against in his farewell tour is vs. Kentucky

Look forward to it. Get a top 5 win right out of the gates and beat K and Duke to start this.

Send him off with the entire country of knowledgeable basketball fans watching us beat that cheating ass 8 on 5. Glorious.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Cats better hit everything and leave no chance for the zebras. Oscar will be luck to play 10 minutes. Same for Collins and whomever gets hot.

NCAA did this to us in '17 with getting Fox out of the game ASAP. They'll do it for K's first one. Heck, we'll probably have the rooferee for this one too.

Unfortunately, I see no way we win this game outside of unreal scoring. Duke will shot 30-40 FTs in every big game this year.

We have tough nosed veteran players that will not be rattled. Tyty looks to be one of those "challenge accepted" kind of guys too. I feel much better about this game knowing we have the guys we have.
Hopefully Mintz comes back, if he does, I REALLY like our chances.

Banchero is soft, Oscar is going to dominate him in a big way
Banchero is soft, but how is Oscar with 4 fouls going to dominate him in a big way? They already have the whistles in their mouths for the first two.

Wooden didn't announce his reirement until the ncaa tournament, right? K shot his wad too soon. Plus the Zion payments might bite K in the butt. He could lose some of the media love by March.
That's right. He made it right before the Championship game against Kentucky. During the game, the cameras were on him almost full time. The game was an afterthought to many. Call after went his way.

For a change, we will have a significant advantage in terms of experience. They have the best pro prospect in Banchero, but with the game so early in the season, I love our chances if the game is officiated fairly.

He'll be the best player on the court. People said the same stuff about Zion and Barrett before we played them a few years ago.

This is true. Banchero will be the best pro prospect on the court. He's no Zion though. Early November games are simply a crapshoot, especially for freshmen. Could go either way.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It's already started. Greeny on ESPN radio was recalling a story he "heard but not because they wanted it leaked" (uh, that's suspect in and of itself).. about how some unnamed recruits brother died and how Coach K talked to him on the phone for an hour, and how noble and thoughtful and great that is.

Seriously.. **** this guy. I'm so glad this era is over come March.

It's already started. Greeny on ESPN radio was recalling a story he "heard but not because they wanted it leaked" (uh, that's suspect in and of itself).. about how some unnamed recruits brother died and how Coach K talked to him on the phone for an hour, and how noble and thoughtful and great that is.

wonder if he talked to the victim of a rape committed by his player for an hour?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Here's some early video of Duke's summer basketball practice after Krycholsky announced his retirement tour:

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

200.gif

How tragic.🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT