ADVERTISEMENT

Coach here with a January Post.

We all ready have Bennett here now. Cal slows every procession down now. Just let are players play fast and use there athletic ability and maybe we could score more.
The defence has gotton better since the beginning of the season. I still beleive go cats!!
Hmmmmm:joy:

I answered . It’s in the text box in the message above this one. You answered in the quote box so that no one would see it. Nice cop-out. And you 100% claimed to have an IQ of 170. That's exactly the number it was. With some time I'm sure the posts could be found. There were multiple posts where you stood by it even after people called you out for such an outrageous claim. Ultimately I don't really care, post what you want. But when I see you on here being a smart ass and a prick to other posters who aren't sunshine posters like yourself i feel compelled to remind you of that outrageous claim. Good day to you sir

Reactions: railroadkat_1
I didn’t hide anything you gutless wonder or I wouldn’t have told you where it was. You hide behind ever changing screen names. You are easily the most ridiculed poster on here but you keep coming back as the attention whore you are. I admitted I got caught up in the argument and kept to the story. I am not afraid to say when I’m wrong but you just keep hiding in the shadows. I’ll chose my life any day .

So Cal screams so much that top 10 players don't want to come here now? So it's all changed since Wall, Boogie, Towns, MKG, Ulis, Booker et al?
They could take it, now all top 5 players can't handle it? A quick flip of the switch?
That's ludicrous. I call BS.

Please don't even joke about Bennett coming here.
Not my first choice but I do think he would be successful here and he would win over the fanbase.
I think he would channel some of the early Pitino/unforgettable type of vibe in the program.
Just watch, Bennett will hang a loss on Duke this year and will do it with Pelphrey,Feldhaus and Hayes type players. Don't be naive, UK fans would eat that shit up.

So Cal screams so much that top 10 players don't want to come here now? So it's all changed since Wall, Boogie, Towns, MKG, Ulis, Booker et al?
They could take it, now all top 5 players can't handle it? A quick flip of the switch?
That's ludicrous. I call BS.

Ratface the revered was mentored by booby knight and he went to west point. He tears his players apart. If players have a problem then they are at the wrong place. Go to preschool hoops camp

Just getting around to respond. Honestly way too much to sort through so I'll keep it brief for the haters :)

1. I continue to be amaze but those saying I'm always wrong or don't know much. That's an opinion, but I also hear things from different sources than you do and straight from the business itself. I always say take my information with a grain of salt.

I may have been wrong at the end, however at the current time I had some good intel. Things change in life. Most here seem to understand that.

Also, I don't read the board enough to already know what you all already know, so I'm sure a lot is repetitive. So I apologize if I wasted anyone's time with "old news".

When I don't know something, I say it. I don't make it up.

2. I'm surprised by comments on Bennett. Coach Cal isn't exactly playing a high tempo game at UK. Go watch UVA, they run some really good stuff on offense. Bennett could also get kids at UK.

3. Moving forward I don't claim to know what UK is doing next. I'm sure that'll be sorted out in the spring. I bet you Cal isn't just going to let himself only have three 5 stars.

I swear, in real life I'm not so polarizing. Kind of funny.

Take Care,

Coach

@CoachX11

I appreciate the info and just a different approach to bringing intel to the board. Don’t stop because of what people have to say on here. I mean Cal catches all kinds of grief in here, so you’re in good company.

Thanks for dropping in, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.

Best of luck this year!

Just watch, Bennett will hang a loss on Duke this year and will do it with Pelphrey,Feldhaus and Hayes type players. Don't be naive, UK fans would eat that shit up.
Maybe. But look at what Bennet has done in the last 4 years once he got UVa rolling:

2015: 1 seed, lost to 4 seed in Sweet 16
2016: 2 seed, lost to 7 seed first weekend
2017: 1 seed, lost to 10 seed in Regional Final
2018: 5 seed, lost to 4 seed first weekend (got beat by 26, scored 39 points).

Highly rated teams, not a single Final Four.

It's become fashionable around here - well, not really fashionable, since we're talking about a distinct minority - to lament all these star recruits we get. Wouldn't it be great to get some kids who want to be college athletes, who'll stay 3 or 4 years. Some shooters, too!

All of that is unmitigated horse manure. For most of the last 9 years, we have been the "it" program in college basketball. ESPN at times has been not much more than a UK Infomercial. Recently Duke has reclaimed that spot, but for most of Cal's time, it's been us. And further, it's not empty. It's not like there's a ton of hype with no results. He's got the most wins in that time, the most NCAA wins, 4 final fours, everyone knows the resume. And he's doing it with freshmen! But yeah, who wants that. Give me some unheralded recruits, let's have more Pelphreys and more Famers. And then, when Bennett is routinely ranked in the top 5 in the country and then never makes a final four, I'm certain the reaction around here would be, meh, no big deal, we've finally got some kids who want to be here! Who wants all those lottery picks?!

Right? it's horse manure. The bellyaching would know no end......

Someone is being naive. But it's not the people who clearly see what a Bennett era would look like.

Reactions: assistbyhawkins
Not my first choice but I do think he would be successful here and he would win over the fanbase.
I think he would channel some of the early Pitino/unforgettable type of vibe in the program.
We can debate how good a coach he is. His style is frustrating to play against but there is a reason they don't go far in the NCAA. One thing that is not debatable however is that we would never be embraced. People here didn't embrace Tubby ball and Tubby ball by comparison looks like 1990's Loyola Marymount compared to Bennett.

Maybe. But look at what Bennet has done in the last 4 years once he got UVa rolling:

It's become fashionable around here - well, not really fashionable, since we're talking about a distinct minority - to lament all these star recruits we get. Wouldn't it be great to get some kids who want to be college athletes, who'll stay 3 or 4 years. Some shooters, too!

All of that is unmitigated horse manure. For most of the last 9 years, we have been the "it" program in college basketball. ESPN at times has been not much more than a UK Infomercial. Recently Duke has reclaimed that spot, but for most of Cal's time, it's been us. And further, it's not empty. It's not like there's a ton of hype with no results. He's got the most wins in that time, the most NCAA wins, 4 final fours, everyone knows the resume. And he's doing it with freshmen! But yeah, who wants that. Give me some unheralded recruits, let's have more Pelphreys and more Famers. And then, when Bennett is routinely ranked in the top 5 in the country and then never makes a final four, I'm certain the reaction around here would be, meh, no big deal, we've finally got some kids who want to be here! Who wants all those lottery picks?!

Someone is being naive. But it's not the people who clearly see what a Bennett era would look like.
Not saying Bennett is superior to Cal just saying he would win big here.
UK is way more attractive than UVa to recruits.
I just think he was a walk off grand slam hire for UVa. Kudos to the AD that figured out you won't beat Duke/UNC trying to be just like them.

You already know how UVA will do in the upcoming tournament?

Just getting around to respond. Honestly way too much to sort through so I'll keep it brief for the haters :)

1. I continue to be amaze but those saying I'm always wrong or don't know much. That's an opinion, but I also hear things from different sources than you do and straight from the business itself. I always say take my information with a grain of salt.

I may have been wrong at the end, however at the current time I had some good intel. Things change in life. Most here seem to understand that.

Also, I don't read the board enough to already know what you all already know, so I'm sure a lot is repetitive. So I apologize if I wasted anyone's time with "old news".

When I don't know something, I say it. I don't make it up.

2. I'm surprised by comments on Bennett. Coach Cal isn't exactly playing a high tempo game at UK. Go watch UVA, they run some really good stuff on offense. Bennett could also get kids at UK.

3. Moving forward I don't claim to know what UK is doing next. I'm sure that'll be sorted out in the spring. I bet you Cal isn't just going to let himself only have three 5 stars.

I swear, in real life I'm not so polarizing. Kind of funny.

Take Care,

Coach
Coach Bennett - Is that you??? Lol - couldn't resist. Whoever this is, is a Bennett fan and wants to be... Er.. I mean wants HIM to be at UK.

You already know how UVA will do in the upcoming tournament?
No, doesn't matter - I'm saying he wouldn't survive 4 years here with those kinds of results. Or at least the bellyaching and whining would make what we see now with Calipari seem tame.

No, doesn't matter - I'm saying he wouldn't survive 4 years here with those kinds of results. Or at least the bellyaching and whining would make what we see now with Calipari seem tame.

I'm referencing the 2018 date in your original post.

When you quote somebody, make sure you get the quote right.

I'm open to hearing the other side of the argument. Just seems that most these kids have an NBA dream and that dream could certainly benefit from 2 years of training and coaching. There isn't really a wrong answer here. Not sure why you took offense.

No offense and nothing against you.

I swear, in real life I'm not so polarizing.
south-park-wow-guy.jpg

Just kidding. Thanks for the info

Reactions: augustaky1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT