ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Dynamite did 702,000 and a .23 last night. The WNBA game with Indiana did 2.54 million, most watched WNBA game on cable ever.

Being reported a couple of places TK is electing to add time missed due to injury to Rey Fenix's contract. Guess that means we won't see the Lucha Bros on WWE TV for a while. Seems rather petty on his part.

Totally different subject the WWE Vault youtube channel is live streaming an NWA show from the Omni in February 1987 on Sunday. Here's the card.

Bill Dundee vs. Dutch Mantell.
Bob Armstrong vs. Jimmy Garvin.
Arn Anderson vs. Brad Armstrong.
NWA TV Champion Tully Blanchard vs. Wahoo McDaniel.
Robert Gibson & Ron Garvin vs. The Midnight Express, Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey.
Dusty Rhodes & NWA United States Champion Nikita Koloff vs. Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov.
NWA World Tag Team Champions Rick Rude & Manny Fernandez vs. The Road Warriors.
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham.

Being reported a couple of places TK is electing to add time missed due to injury to Rey Fenix's contract. Guess that means we won't see the Lucha Bros on WWE TV for a while. Seems rather petty on his part.

Totally different subject the WWE Vault youtube channel is live streaming an NWA show from the Omni in February 1987 on Sunday. Here's the card.

Bill Dundee vs. Dutch Mantell.
Bob Armstrong vs. Jimmy Garvin.
Arn Anderson vs. Brad Armstrong.
NWA TV Champion Tully Blanchard vs. Wahoo McDaniel.
Robert Gibson & Ron Garvin vs. The Midnight Express, Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey.
Dusty Rhodes & NWA United States Champion Nikita Koloff vs. Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov.
NWA World Tag Team Champions Rick Rude & Manny Fernandez vs. The Road Warriors.
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham.
That card sounds amazing.

Reactions: K-mac18
Lost in all the Vince stuff in the doc is the fact that Austin said he doesn't believe CTE is a thing. The interview was taped either in 2021 or '22 but how can a former athlete not believe CTE exists? Maybe he's changed his opinion since and I get not wanting to blame chair shots or wrestling for what Benoit did but that one kinda shocked me. It's like someone you grew up watching saying the earth is flat.

I actually think KO should go to AEW. He’s good friends with the bucks and Adam Cole. Also I think he’s maxed out with wwe - he’s not getting the world title and his best work was years ago when he was hhh chosen one as Wwe champ chicken shit heel run and his time with Jericho.

Honestly the last time I watched a ton of WWE was when KO was feuding with Roman and they had the last man standing match. KO handcuffed Roman to something outside the ring and no one could find the key to the handcuff so the ref literally just stopped counting at like 5 for around 30 seconds until the handcuffs could be removed. That was just BAD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT