ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Some good points have been made here about Breakker. But am I supposed to take him seriously and believe he's a star? Or is he just another guy on the roster who talks a big game but can lose on any given night?
He should’ve been the next monster and been the type of guy to take Reigns down. Boom- new star right there.

But in typical WWE fashion, give him a stupid name and let him lose to guys like Zayn and Uso.

Reactions: billCgmx
Have any of you watched any of the Vince documentary yet? Curious what your thoughts are. I don't have Netflix so won't be watching it anytime soon.
I am half way through episodes 5 of 6 and so far it's nothing new and nothing Vince should be in any way mad about. Very fair. We'll see about episode 6 though. They mention the recent events for about 10 minutes at the beginning of episode 1.

I find it odd that they haven't even mentioned Vince Russo's name.

Last edited:
Through episode 5 and they just got to Cena and the Ruthless Aggression era which it looks like they will mainly skip because 6 looks like all of the allegations. Never mentioned Benoit or Eddie Guerrero dying.

Just doing Benoit at the beginning of 6.

Last edited:
He should’ve been the next monster and been the type of guy to take Reigns down. Boom- new star right there.

But in typical WWE fashion, give him a stupid name and let him lose to guys like Zayn and Uso.
Yikes. No, you don't bring a guy up from NXT and have him immediately "take down" this generation's Rock, Austin, Cena, Hulk whatever. You build him up over time. You also don't upend the storyline in pro wrestling that's been years in the making for a young guy. He doesn't fit into the Bloodline story, esp. with Rock coming back soon. Also...Bron Breakker is currently a new star.

What a ridiculously awful take! He has a stupid name I will give you that. Otherwise, they have booked Bron perfectly during his initial call up run.

What a ridiculously awful take! He has a stupid name I will give you that. Otherwise, they have booked Bron perfectly during his initial call up run.
Why is it dumb? Could’ve made him a beast. A modern day streak like Goldberg. Someone like him would’ve been made by beating Reigns.

Booking him to lose to Zayn is what’s awful.

• Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
Dynamite Grand Slam for tonight- they are also taping Collision too. Nothing for Rampage this year. Last I saw they were up to 7,500 tickets for tonight. Could get over 8,000 by showtime, but even that would be about 3,000 less than last year.

AEW Champion Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness for the first time in almost 15 years.
AEW Women's Champion Mariah May vs. Yuka Sakazaki.
Jon Moxley vs. Darby Allin for Allin's guaranteed AEW Championship title shot.
AEW Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks vs. AEW International Champion Will Ospreay & Kyle Fletcher.
FTW Champion Hook vs. Roderick Strong
AEW Trios Champions Claudio Castagnoli & PAC & Wheeler Yuta have an Open Challenge.
AEW Continental Crown Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. Sammy Guevara (non-title)
Swerve Strickland update from Prince Nana.

Reactions: GeraldV
Yikes. No, you don't bring a guy up from NXT and have him immediately "take down" this generation's Rock, Austin, Cena, Hulk whatever. You build him up over time. You also don't upend the storyline in pro wrestling that's been years in the making for a young guy. He doesn't fit into the Bloodline story, esp. with Rock coming back soon. Also...Bron Breakker is currently a new star.
I think a Bron vs Bronson would be an interesting one.

This

I don’t get the MVP signing (and I assume Lashley). I suppose you will get Swerve v Lashley to keep Swerve busy and distracted from Hangman for the time being. Not sure what real purpose they have after that.

- I'm convinced MVP was hired because he called Triple H racist online and the guy who called Triple H and HBK bald assholes on the internet thinks that's good shit, pal.

- Got one ep. left of McMahon. Very good but it's mostly stuff we knew because we watched as it happened and there's now detailed podcasts and shows like Dark Side of the Ring to fill in the details. Vince does come off pretty psychotic though. For the non-wrestling fan, finding out about Owen's death for example and seeing clips of Rock and Taker selling near the spot he landed and them noticing the smeared blood on the apron of their now dead friend and also seeing the promo where Jarrett has to get into character so he starts talking about Debra's puppies as she's in tears behind him is the epitome of WTF. But again, if you want much more detail on something like that, there's JR's podcast episode about that night and an episode of Dark Side.

Just finished the 2nd episode. Ngl, it's pretty boring so far.

Edit: you can go ahead and etch it in Meltzer's tombstone. "It was actually 78,000 people in the building". Dude is never gonna let that go.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Thought overall Dynamite was a really good show. Enjoyed the heck out of that tag match.

In other news, it's official Summerslam is going to two nights.

Reactions: GeraldV
- I thought Dynamite was very meh last night. Tag match erased what seemed to be a fairly boring show.

The Danielson/McGuinness match was very safe and obviously catered to the sickos/insiders. McGuinness looked slow and out of timing, which is understandable. Physically, he looked fine for someone his age, but it's obvious they played that match "safe."

- That was the "big" live crowd on a special show, but it just seemed to be missing something.

- Mox looks to be in the best shape of his life, but even that match didn't seem right. If they want Darby to be what they claim he is as far as "aura" goes, he can't keep being slung around like a ragdoll. Also, he isn't a "kid" anymore. Don't call him that.

- Ohbytheway, JR showed his age.

- The Young Bucks catch a lot of crap around here, but they flat worked their ass off last night. Highlight of the show last night.

Saw a pic on Reddit of young bucks posing with Shane - if he debuts we need jr in the booth to yell ITS GOTTA BE SHANE like he did when Kane debuted and he famously yelled ITS GOTTA BE KANE!

Reactions: K-mac18
It’s also more matches than prior summerslam or longer matches - no one forced them to buy tix.
WrestleMania 34 (2018) and WrestleMania 40 (nights one and two) each had 14 matches. You're getting at best 50 ish more minutes of mid-card action. As a viewer, you don't care as you're going to watch from home but if you're actually attending this, it's bullshit. Doubling the cost with no real additional stuff being added.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT