ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I never understood why Brian Christopher and Jerry Lawler kept aloof about their father/son relationship, especially in the era of blending real life storylines into gimmicks. To my knowledge, they never worked a storyline together or ever acknowledged each other as father/son on air.

Taz is kinda doing that with Hook, but will at least acknowledge him as his son if it gets brought up. It’s pretty evident that he won’t be a part of a program with him, though.
I remember Vince teased him about it on commentary and Jerry would always deny it.

I think the Lawler/Christopher thing was going back to the Memphis days where Lawler didn't want the women fans to know that he had kids. And then by the WWF days I believe their relationship wasn't great so it just kind of worked out to keep the kayfabe going

Pat McAfee will be on College Gameday this year after saying earlier he wasn't.

The NBA just announced the new TV deals and Warner Brothers will not be a part of it after next year. ESPN/ABC/NBC and Amazon.

As you mentioned earlier Happy Blood and Guts Day

Blood and Guts Match: Team AEW - AEW Champion Swerve Strickland, ROH Champion Mark Briscoe, Darby Allin and The Acclaimed vs. The Elite - Kazuchika Okada, Jack Perry, Hangman Page and The Young Bucks
Chris Jericho vs. Minoru Suzuki.
Hikaru Shida vs. Britt Baker.
MJF to appear
Mariah May to appear

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT