ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Already a bloated roster, a guy in charge who thinks everyone needs a match on the PPV, plus adding foreign talents who aren't normally with the company because he's opened the FoRbIdDeN dOoR, and it's on a Sunday night with the show probably not ending until past 1am. Do his fans have jobs?

AEW fans actually have a higher average household income than poors like you who watch WWE.

Meanwhile, I'll be having the day off from work tomorrow as part of my normal three-day weekend instead
ahh.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
Underrated Aspect of Paul Heyman Character

During the Bloodline saga, Heyman has always made changes to his facial hair and hair colour throughout.

He always had a healthy glow when Roman was around and when Roman would leave for a few weeks he would let his hair grey a bit, grow some spotchy facial hair and feel like he would do something to his skin, maybe make-up to make himself look older (edit: or as pointed out, maybe not have any make-up done).

Cue Roman's return and the hair would go black again and he would be clean shaven and skin looked great.

Notice how he looked on SmackDown? Man looked like he was struggling, stressed out and just not his usual self. He has been doing this since Roman's loss, just was at its worst.

I just wanted to shout put the small details Heyman has been doing with his Character, I appreciate the efforts he makes. It shows attention and care for his character.

AEW fans actually have a higher average household income than poors like you who watch WWE.

Meanwhile, I'll be having the day off from work tomorrow as part of my normal three-day weekend instead
ahh.png
Lord help us with this goofy Meltzer talking point that he pulled out of his anal cavity once.

I'm actually off next week and if the card tonight is your thing, I hope it's a great PPV. You certainly get your fill with Tony's cards but it's not outrageous to say when something might be "too much." Every fan should look forward to a PPV or PLE, not have a mindset of "Good gravy, this is going to be a looooooooong night..."

Five to seven matches, three to three and a half hours. That's about perfect imo.

Already a bloated roster, a guy in charge who thinks everyone needs a match on the PPV, plus adding foreign talents who aren't normally with the company because he's opened the FoRbIdDeN dOoR, and it's on a Sunday night with the show probably not ending until past 1am. Do his fans have jobs?

Why not just start it earlier if they think it will be that long. Start it at 5 or 6pm.

Counterpoint: if I was seeing The Rolling Stones, I'd want 3 hrs of their best, not 5+ of most of their catalog just because I'm paying. It's been a discussion since the last PPV went to around 1am and into Monday morning. Some of the card will be on Zero Hour but there's three trios matches (pointless), Owen tourney matches (could be on Dynamite or Collision), Forbidden Door matches, a four team tag match (pointless), a six man ladder match (Perry finally winning a title), and title matches that do and don't involve AEW titles. And if Cole, Copeland, and FTR were healthy, they'd likely be involved too.

They gotta cut that down to a more manageable level. I enjoy reading but I'm not picking up 1,100 page books all the time either.

Reactions: Wesley91581
How many matches are on the usual UFC card? They start real early and go until 1 or so and I never hear anyone complaining about their show.

For people paying for the show, I’d want as many matches stuffed in as humanly possible.

Reactions: AmericanDragon
I stole the show last night. The first half felt like throwaway filler. Booking MJF to jerk the curtain in his hometown in a completely pointless match felt like a misfire to me.

I fell asleep in my recliner during the Mone match and woke back up as Swerve/Osprey was starting. Sad that I missed Baker’s return. Main event was fire and it was nice to hear JR back in the booth.

The wrestling was fine all night, but a lot of matches felt like thrown together exhibitions because they were.

Gotta love uncle Dave’s hypocrisy…

He said the end of the women’s title match with all 3 walking out together was “great storytelling”

If it was Wwe he’d say it’s “appalling and disgusting and inappropriate”

ahh.png
That is rich coming from someone who charges their own dad for Netflix, or even sharing an account that is what $14 a month ? if you got it like that, why share or even charge your dad, LOL. And HTF do you know the poster you quoted is poor ? I can tell you this, and it is not a humble brag, just being real with you, I make 6 figures and can't watch 15 minutes of AEW. Doesn't make me poor, just that I hate shitty products. AEW sucks and the numbers obviously show that. Are you secretly a Tony Kahn admirer ? Lover ? You are one strange dude with your 20 quotes of post a day and nuthugging of all things AEW. If all of the posters are so inferior to you, WTF do you post on here 20 times a day ???? Attention ? Well if that is what you are seeking, you are getting the wrong kind. Much like AEW's attention, all negative.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Raw for this evening in Boston

WWE Women's World Champion Liv Morgan vs. Zelina Vega.
Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio.
Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Ilja Dragonuv vs. Sheamus.
Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Dakota Kai vs. Ivy Nile vs. Zoey Stark.
Xavier Woods vs. Karrion Kross.

That is rich coming from someone who charges their own dad for Netflix, or even sharing an account that is what $14 a month ? if you got it like that, why share or even charge your dad, LOL. And HTF do you know the poster you quoted is poor ? I can tell you this, and it is not a humble brag, just being real with you, I make 6 figures and can't watch 15 minutes of AEW. Doesn't make me poor, just that I hate shitty products. AEW sucks and the numbers obviously show that. Are you secretly a Tony Kahn admirer ? Lover ? You are one strange dude with your 20 quotes of post a day and nuthugging of all things AEW. If all of the posters are so inferior to you, WTF do you post on here 20 times a day ???? Attention ? Well if that is what you are seeking, you are getting the wrong kind. Much like AEW's attention, all negative.
Hope your welfare check doesn’t come late

So Mone called her shot and walked out with two belts? Honestly, I sorta respect it. She's got TK by the balls and is becoming a belt collector before going back to WWE where there will be a bit more reality put into her career. I can't take most of these titles seriously anymore. Trios titles, other promotion's titles that mean nothing to most American fans, cable network titles like TBS and TNT, tournament titles, X (formally Twitter) title, tag titles from dead tag divisions...I have no emotion for any of these. The AEW title, the Heavyweight and Undisputed titles in WWE, the IC title, the women's title on Raw, and the US title are all I really care about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT