ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Braun Strowman will always be "A FLOP" If he is not willing to take advise from The Undertaker then there really no helping the big lump. This past week whilst speaking on his Six Feet Under podcast, The Undertaker shared insights into his discussions with Braun Strowman. He pointed out an interesting observation: despite Strowman’s formidable presence in the ring, his off-screen persona often contrasts sharply and went on to accuse Strowman of neglecting his character on social media.

”I’ve talked like to Braun Strowman several times like, “here you are The Monster Amongst Men,” and then you look on your social media and you’ve got daisy duke shorts on, bunny ears, and you’re hopping around. Love, Braun, I, but you can’t sometimes.”

The Undertaker’s advice extended beyond the superficial, emphasizing the importance of patience and dedication to craft. The Deadman emphasized the significance of honing one’s skills.

”Guys and girls, they want to put the cart in front of the horse, you know? All that’ll come, it’ll all come, you just have to be patient, work on your craft.’ Is what my is my, ‘you work on your craft and you become the best sports Entertainer professional wrestler that you can be and then all the other stuff will come.'”

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Looks like Hikuleo is done with New Japan is reportedly on his way to joining The Bloodline. WWE has trademarked the name Talla Tonga we can only assume is for him.

I just don’t really understand this whole RUSH thing - so he’s on a roll but he’s gonna job out to MJF on a random dynamite - sounds par for the course I guess.
Never watched him. But please tell me his entrance music is "Limelight". If it is not, it should be, LOL.

"Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage"

Reactions: Col. Angus
How about Larry, Curly and Moe (and sometimes Shemp) Tonga?
That would be fine but not Joe and I don't mean Samoa Joe.

images

Reactions: K-mac18 and GeraldV
Dynamite- 681,000 and a .23

It did go up against the NBA Finals but yeah that's not good.
Dynamite going up against the NBA Finals and US Soccer still beats NXT with Cody Rhodes in the demo when NXT’s top competition on the night on cable was Secret Skinwalker Ranch.

Embarrassing

Don't have a clue what tf Skinwalker Ranch is but it sounds sorta gross.

Next week will be a good test. A game three with a dominate Celtics team will always own the night. Still, AEW has their ace back and lost over 100K viewers. This comes in the middle of their big Elite storyline, an Ospreay main event, Mone now wrestling, and Tony saying he's booking for "the sickos", once again rallying his troops (fans). Cody wasn't a draw on NXT but the show has been consistent over the last few weeks and has some nice momentum. Next week it'll be a battle royal with TNA talent teased for number one contendership vs MJF against Rush, probably a Mone promo, maybe another Ospreay win, and a random Eliminator match. If NXT wins the numbers game again next week, oh boy...

Don't have a clue what tf Skinwalker Ranch is but it sounds sorta gross.

Next week will be a good test. A game three with a dominate Celtics team will always own the night. Still, AEW has their ace back and lost over 100K viewers. This comes in the middle of their big Elite storyline, an Ospreay main event, Mone now wrestling, and Tony saying he's booking for "the sickos", once again rallying his troops (fans). Cody wasn't a draw on NXT but the show has been consistent over the last few weeks and has some nice momentum. Next week it'll be a battle royal with TNA talent teased for number one contendership vs MJF against Rush, probably a Mone promo, maybe another Ospreay win, and a random Eliminator match. If NXT wins the numbers game again next week, oh boy...
Also to be fair I don’t think anyone expected anything from Cody since last time he was on nxt he announced some tournament - he was probably more or less there to see his former AEW friends spears/page/pillman.

Also to be fair I don’t think anyone expected anything from Cody since last time he was on nxt he announced some tournament - he was probably more or less there to see his former AEW friends spears/page/pillman.
True, although it's not really a positive that the face of the company and champion was on and the show lost viewers overall. That's something for AEW fans to dunk on I guess. If Cody or Punk is advertised, you know you're getting a short promo/announcement of something NXT-related and maybe a backstage thing like you mentioned. Cool thing for NXT is they can bring nearly anyone down anytime they want. Would love to see Orton, KO, or Sami make an appearance.

Reactions: Wesley91581
At this point you take anything Meltzer says with a grain on salt but there seems to be lots of discussion that this indeed is a thing.

Lol Dragon is going to be worked up all weekend with that fast nationals thing. FWIW, 99.9% of wrestling fans have no idea what that even is and it should be that way. It's not shocking WWE would downplay AEW but also screw with them in petty ways at the same time. Nick Khan strikes me as someone who's incredibly smart, with loads of connections, who has a ruthless style in the business world. At the end of the day, the lower ratings (still usually #2 or #3 on Wed. nights) are AEW's problem to solve. Blaming another company, wrestling fans, YouTubers, Cornette, and Bischoff as some AEW fans tend to do, won't help with AEW's booking, ratings, and attendance issues. I hope they can solve all those things but you can't literally make wrestling fans love the specific product you happen to love.

As Nightwish said improve your ratings and won’t have to worry about numbers getting leaked or whatever.

Looks like TNA is having a PPV in Louisville on August 30th.

I’ve enjoyed the Hardy compound stuff in the past but the thing last night was pretty awful.

Add me to the list of folks who think Punk will cost Drew the title.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT