ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I guess I may be the only person on the planet that is ready to stop seeing Uso near the top of a card. The Reigns/Uso stuff was good for a time, but I'm really ready to move on. Uso just doesn't scream "one of the top guys" to me.
I’ve always saw the Usos as midcarders at best. People calling them alltime greats in tag wrestling kills me.

Some of the numbers on ratings and demos that came out from Wednesday is crazy. Dynamite had more viewers in the 18-49 than nxt had in total viewers. Also the Omega/Mox quarter outdrew the Sting quarter. And I think Omega/Mox had the best demo of the year, I could be wrong on that one.

There’s also this.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t H Jenkins of Ringside News), Sting wanted to have a cinematic match against The Undertaker, but it didn't appeal to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and didn't come to fruition.

I thought the announcement by Triple H that WWE was "open for business" with respect to other feds was highly disingenuous. IF AEW and Impact had not just surprised everyone with their alliance, WWE would NEVER consider aligning themselves with other feds because they believe doing so would benefit the other fed much more than WWE. As a matter of fact, I STILL think Vince would overrule Triple H if he tried to form an alliance with another fed (unless it was on terms highly favorable to WWE and incidentally benefits the other fed). Vince wants to dominate, not cooperate.

On the other hand, that's what made Vince a billionaire and got WWE where it is today.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I thought the announcement by Triple H that WWE was "open for business" with respect to other feds was highly disingenuous. IF AEW and Impact had not just surprised everyone with their alliance, WWE would NEVER consider aligning themselves with other feds because they believe doing so would benefit the other fed much more than WWE. As a matter of fact, I STILL think Vince would overrule Triple H if he tried to form an alliance with another fed (unless it was on terms highly favorable to WWE and incidentally benefits the other fed). Vince wants to dominate, not cooperate.

On the other hand, that's what made Vince a billionaire and got WWE where it is today.

Yes I completely agree with this.

A Vince style "alliance" would be to do something minor and then recruit the best talent from his "ally" to the WWE and walk away or buy the place if he thought it was worth the effort.

This somehow got buried and is just now being talked about, but Tuesday Tony Khan did an interview and said that they had “big plans” for Miro and confirmed they’d be adding trios titles. The titles are long overdue imo.

All they need to do is get Miro away form Kip and let him destroy people. Miro/Page and Miro/Omega would be fun matches.

Not sure how I feel about trio titles, not a bad idea but I feel they could spend time/energy on current things instead.

All they need to do is get Miro away form Kip and let him destroy people. Miro/Page and Miro/Omega would be fun matches.

Not sure how I feel about trio titles, not a bad idea but I feel they could spend time/energy on current things instead.
They have 10 of more factions of 3+ wrestlers. They kinda need it IMO. I’d like to see FTW be the first to win them. Or maybe some combo of MJF/Sammy and another IC member.

I think Miro said he's 100% on board with a slow burn kinda build for him. One he's happy where he's at with his twitch stuff and two he doesn't want to come in and get pushed to the moon right away. He wants to kill Rusev and does not want to be associated at all as Rusev when he is a main eventer. But man... Miro/Wardlow could be so much fun!

Legit question. What the hell does Nia Ajax have a job in WWE? She’s a train wreck in the ring and not a lot better on the mic. Why do they keep the belt on her?

Zay's UK takes may be worse than his wrestling takes.
The post must mean it hurts your feelings to hear Cal is a washed up, garbage of a coach who will never win a thing here again.

But yeah my uk takes are bad. You’re right, Cal is awesome! Totally worth that salary. The team is also playing great! 🙄

On a different, on topic note: the YoungBucks segment last week on Dynamite was the most viewed of the night. That’s atleast the second time that I know of that their segment has gotten over a million viewers (butcher/blade match being the other). For all the people who say they hate them and they can’t wrestle, they without a doubt have a large fanbase.

Omega paid off big time for Impact viewers wise. Impact was trending #1 and they had about 25 times the amount of viewers they normally do on twitch. I liked the promo. Felt like Kenny was moving back to his old self.

Should have known they’d put that on at the very last part of the show. I bet they plugged that interview 20 times during the show lol.

Last edited:
I think it's got to be clear at this point Khan is trying to bring back territories right? Working with NWA, Impact, AAA, whoever else. The old school logo in the background for these segments where Tony talks about what's coming up on the upcoming episode. IT'S TONY DOING IT AS WELL! Like c'mon... this is definitely going Territory 2.0 and NJPW is going to be involved sooner rather than later. TK is a business man. He's always thinking ways to compete and make money.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I think it's got to be clear at this point Khan is trying to bring back territories right? Working with NWA, Impact, AAA, whoever else. The old school logo in the background for these segments where Tony talks about what's coming up on the upcoming episode. IT'S TONY DOING IT AS WELL! Like c'mon... this is definitely going Territory 2.0 and NJPW is going to be involved sooner rather than later. TK is a business man. He's always thinking ways to compete and make money.
Territory 2.0, that may be brilliant. We'll see.

They were imitating/parodying the old style pitches for in-person wrestling shows at this arena/that fieldhouse/this gardens/that gymnasium that appeared between TV wrestling show segments from the '80's, when the promoters paid to get their programs on local broadcast TV to round up interest for in-person house shows. I think they did it for fun, to provoke nostalgia, and make it interesting. I'm not sure that it was meant to surreptitiously elucidate Tony Khan's plans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT