ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Cain Velasquez beat the shit out of Brock in UFC man.

But yeah, I’d quit too if I was Kofi......F that! At least give him the Daniel Bryan run and frustrate the beast.

I feel bad for Kofi but the ending with Cain Velazquez was pretty cool.

Also what are they doing with Braun and Tyson Fury? That just seems stupid.

Poor, poor Kofi. I knew he couldn’t care the belt, but to go out like that? I’d walk straight to the locker room, grab my bag, and start filling applications for anywhere after that.
Keep this here, but I heard AEW was hiring. Apparently all but 5 members of the WWE locker room want in.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
AEW closes with MMA “star” debut of Jack Hager

WWE closes with MMA star debut of Cain Velazquez

AEW champ rock star Chris Jericho
WWE champ hip hop star Brock Lesnar

Open your business mind!

giphy.gif

Whoever had Corbin as the sacrificial lamb for the Rock wins the pool.

giphy.gif

I didn’t know, man. Have no clue about MMA. I just knew that Mysterio was beefing with Brock and he had a “son” get put in an ambulance the other night. Based on his physique, you could understand why I wouldn’t think it was a MMA guy or any real athlete for that matter.

Reactions: krazykats
Cain hasn’t been wrestling very long, but he’s had a few matches in AAA and he’s been awesome. Too bad Vinny Mac doesn’t want him to do his lucha stuff according to rumor and innuendo

Mysterio’s son is training to be a wrestler.

Saw the match Velazquez did with AAA and Impact and he was easily the worst one in the match. He came in and hit one move and won.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Smackdown did almost 4 million viewers last night and was far and away the highest rated think in the 18-49 demo.
Been a huge week for wrestling.

Looks like Tyson Fury will be on Raw Monday.

Smackdown did almost 4 million viewers last night and was far and away the highest rated think in the 18-49 demo.

Uncle Dave math probably goes something like AEW got 1.5 and Fox is in 3x as many households so Smackdown should have gotten 4.5 rating.

The Cain and Brock deal has potential to be a disaster, especially if it’s main event stuff and you know it will. Cain either needs to be able to do the Lucha moves or they legit fight.

All I know is if I’m Braun Strowman and they let Cain come in and beat Brock for the title then I’m sitting my ass at home for the rest of my contract and i don’t care how many months Vince tries to add.

Speaking of that stuff, I saw a headline a few days ago that said Sasha was bribed to come back.

Lastly, not sure if Tony Khan or Jon Moxley was the one that said it but WWE is still paying for Moxley’s healthcare. So I guess that means Vince had to pay for that procedure on his elbow.

4 mil doesn’t surprise me with the 5,000 rumored people returning lol. Didn’t watch but reports were out that Edge had been cleared to wrestle and was gonna be there. Then there was also all the CM Punk stuff. I’m guessing that was a big reason people watched from what I saw the past week. I haven’t heard anything about either of them so I’m guessing they didn’t show up?

4 mil doesn’t surprise me with the 5,000 rumored people returning lol. Didn’t watch but reports were out that Edge had been cleared to wrestle and was gonna be there. Then there was also all the CM Punk stuff. I’m guessing that was a big reason people watched from what I saw the past week. I haven’t heard anything about either of them so I’m guessing they didn’t show up?

No Punk, but Dwayne got a bigger pop than every AEW guy combined got on Dynamite.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I saw some grainy video but it looked like Cody tried to pick a fight with some fat dude at a comic convention. What’s the story there?

Kofi was getting pops, and it was fair to reward him.

Maybe it shouldn’t have been 6 weeks, and maybe he shouldn’t have been squashed. Still if you didn’t know Brock was winning last night, well, HELLO!

The title run of Kofi Kingston was a clear example of WWE having an idea how to get from A to B without having any clue about C, D or E.

I’ll say it till I go blue in the face, WWE doesn’t know how to run baby faces.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT