ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Supposedly Lars was gonna debut at Royal Rumble but Vince was so impressed with him watching one of the video packages they are fast tracking it and he’s getting a mega push...I assume he’s going to SD since there’s so many players on RAW.

I thought one of the promo videos a couple of weeks ago indicated that they would find out which show he would be on during TLC? All I saw was another promo video.

I found out what Vince is going to do - he’s going to bring back
The Rock
Austin
Hogan
Goldberg
Ric Flair
This must be what he thinks will draw the fans back.

So I’ll give Vince 5 minutes and if this is some silly ratings grab I’ll turn it off and it’ll show how out of touch he is with the current state of affairs...

So I’ll give Vince 5 minutes and if this is some silly ratings grab I’ll turn it off and it’ll show how out of touch he is with the current state of affairs...

Pretty much.

Some things I'd like to see:

Face GM. I don't care who. Just bring Angle back
Move Becky and Charlotte to RAW. Move Sasha and Bayley to Smackdown. Heaven knows those two girls need the opportunity to rebuild themselves.
Strip Brock of the title (LOL)

What is going to happen:

Corbin is "fired" as GM
Alexa Bliss named permanent GM

The new and improved raw was headlined by an hour long gauntlet match won by Natalya. Oh boy.

Maybe they’re starting fresh in January.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Yeah they should have said coming in January but first we have to bury Baron Corbin again...you know they’re desperate when Steph gives a face promo...I thought Vince was going to officially “hand the keys” to HHH during that segment.

well what, next week's episode was taped last night and New Years eve show is taped as well... so really, one episode? two before January?

Vince looks AWFUL. LOL

I was going to post the same thing. I know he is getting up there age wise but he just didn't look well. He looked like he has some sort of medical condition. He has lost a lot of weight and muscle tone it appears. He had those huge bags under his eyes. If looks are any indication, he needs to step away now for his own well being and health.

They followed that barn burner up with another 3 hour episode taping for next week. I'm sure the crowd will be electric at the end of next weeks episode. [laughing]

Honestly a Raw taping with no commercials is probably less than 2 hours.

It would be unbelievable if I wasn’t watching SD and hearing how much better NXT is.

That was as close to “I’m passing the torch” as it will get for Vince because if HHH and Shane get their way it will be better and Vince will want credit.

Honestly wrestling shouldn’t be so hard to entertain, and they make it look like you need to be some sort of genius to make it work. You don’t or shouldn’t be if your good enough to make it a billion dollar industry.

Aside from his insane political rants (what's his price to never talk politics again? I'd contribute to a Kickstarter), there's no better wrestling podcast in the business.

Bruce can hit the high notes, but over the course of 2ish hours it can't hold my attention in the same way Corny can.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Aside from his insane political rants (what's his price to never talk politics again? I'd contribute to a Kickstarter), there's no better wrestling podcast in the business.

Bruce can hit the high notes, but over the course of 2ish hours it can't hold my attention in the same way Corny can.

Lol, yeah. I’m not a fan of politics on any show, right or left, to be honest

But for old wrestling talk, Corny is great.

They followed that barn burner up with another 3 hour episode taping for next week. I'm sure the crowd will be electric at the end of next weeks episode. [laughing]

Honestly a Raw taping with no commercials is probably less than 2 hours.

I read the spoilers. Literally the most pointless episode of Raw potentially ever.

It’s not even close which is why I think the “we owe you better” and “we have been awful” along with “past, present and future” is a sign Vince is out and handing it over.

Comes a time when you don’t see it anymore and Vince is well past that.

Really looking forward to how they intertwine the brands. I’ve long thought they should show them nationally and travel regionally.

Gives the territories their favorites, allows everyone to watch and give Raw a feeder system.

SD and Raw both trash right now. Last week SD only drew a 1.9 lowest maybe ever.

Keep feeding us Becky and Bryan and lose the show to FS1

This is not the first time they've done "Mixed Match" matches. The good matches were back in the day with Bubba Ray and Trish vs. Molly Holly and William Regal. Let's bring those "Mixed Matches" back, instead of stupid dance breaks and cheap gimmicks.

Reactions: Col. Angus
This is not the first time they've done "Mixed Match" matches. The good matches were back in the day with Bubba Ray and Trish vs. Molly Holly and William Regal. Let's bring those "Mixed Matches" back, instead of stupid dance breaks and cheap gimmicks.

Should bring back Papa Shango and Doink IMO.

The more painted faces the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT