ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

If they do it right with Miz and Daniel Bryan, there's money to be made with those guys in a serious feud. There's 8+ years of beef, real and kayfabe, between those two. You can do something special with that much history.

There’s no doubt serious money to be made with this one. Raw is the one my biggest gripe with. There is an extra hour and no significant stories to be had. You have one of the guys that should be a main guy in some terrible angle with Sami. In the words of Conrad Thompson, “Who booked this shit”?

Raw has enough to have good angles if they knew how to book so with that, I hope Miz wins MITB. Let him go after AJ and then have Bryan start the chase.

Also, this may be the best Takeover ever...

Gargano vs Ciampa
Black vs Sullivan
Undisputed ERA vs Lorcan and Burch
Baszler vs Nikki Cross
Dream vs Ricochet

Meltzer has been about as unbearable as BCF these last 3 days - all he’s been talking about is Kenny Omega this and that...
Probably because Kenny deserves it. He and Okada were what all the wrestling youtubers were talking about this weekend. They were blown away as was I.

Kinda a shame that several other awesome matches were overshadowed. The Bucks match was extremely good and the Ospreay v Takahashi match was crazy good. That running flip Ospreay did on the entrance ramp is one of the most impressive and insane things I’ve ever seen. As much as I loved Ricochet’s flip out of the ring last week I think Ospreay may have one upped him.

NJPW is killing WWE right now. Sucks because I wish njpw was in the US so it would be on TV here and available for the majority of the country to see it. As it is I have to depend on people uploading matches online to see it. I have Spectrum cable and Axis TV isn’t offered I don’t believe. Wish so bad that WWE was run like NJPW.

I don't watch wrestling 'youtubers' (except those WhatCulture lists when I'm drinking)

But on wreddit and the F4W boards Okada / Omega was the main topic. It's obviously a vocal minority in the states.

Much like BCF, I'm convinced this is a parody account. And, just like BCF, a *very good* parody account. 10/10
Lol I’m 100% truthful in my Omega comments. I’ll admit it, I’m a Kenny mark. Growing up Shawn Michaels was my favorite wrestler and still is in the top 2 along with Scott Hall, for me.

Michaels combination of charisma, larger than life presence, and in ring ability was second to none. I haven’t felt that way about anyone until now with Kenny Omega. If you go back and watch some of Hbk’s stuff from like ‘90-‘95 his matches looked 100% real. The aggressiveness with how he worked is what made it so good. I particularly think of his feud and match with Diesel. I don’t know the exact match but Shawn was flying all over the place, using chairs, throwing stuff in the ring from the announcers table. A wire from a monitor got caught around his foot when he went back into the ring at one point if that helps narrow down the match.

I see all of that in Kenny. I’d much rather him, the Bucks, Scurll, Page, and Cody be doing all of that stuff in the WWE just because it’s more convenient for me but realistically I know that won’t happen. The fact that people like DDP, Jericho and Stone Cold have called Kenny amazing, possibly the best wrestler in the world and if he came to the WWE the next big thing, should say a lot about where he is as a wrestler.

Here’s the Ospreay v Takahashi highlights I mentioned. The insane running flip is at 19 seconds I believe. It’s right at the start. He could have seriously hurt himself badly. I don’t wanna see him in a wheelchair at 50 but at the same time he’s got a huge set on him to try the stuff he does. I’ll give him that.

I don't watch wrestling 'youtubers' (except those WhatCulture lists when I'm drinking)

But on wreddit and the F4W boards Okada / Omega was the main topic. It's obviously a vocal minority in the states.

YouTube “recommends” a combination of WhatCulture, WrestleTalk, Heel by Nature, Cultaholic and Wrestlelamia to me daily. WrestleTalk and Heel by Nature are the two I like the most and feel are the best though. Although WhatCulture is right with them. Heel by Nature has posted some RAW and Smackdown show scripts in the recent past along with other show notes and stuff that was supposed to be keep confidential. It’s a good little peek behind the curtain.

Does nakamura ever open his eyes? Good grief. He always looks like he is holding back trying not to squeeze a turd out.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Anybody think Ruby Riott is hot or nah?
No.
Does nakamura ever open his eyes? Good grief. He always looks like he is holding back trying not to squeeze a turd out.

Wondered the same thing last night. Is it part of his gimmick to make stupid ****ing faces and move all weird or is he just some spastic strange Jap or Chinaman or whatever he is? Always talks and looks like he’s got sweat in his eyes and he can’t wipe it away with his hand because his fingers are sweaty too.

Reactions: GhostVol and sg24
Anybody think Ruby Riott is hot or nah?
I thought she was very manly when she first came up to Smackdown but she’s kinda grown on me. She’s no Bliss or Rose but I don’t see her like I used to.

No.

Wondered the same thing last night. Is it part of his gimmick to make stupid ****ing faces and move all weird or is he just some spastic strange Jap or Chinaman or whatever he is? Always talks and looks like he’s got sweat in his eyes and he can’t wipe it away with his hand because his fingers are sweaty too.

This, along with him always shaking his legs and arms like he is having a seizure is what made me absolutely hate him for the longest time. Wasn’t until recently when I started to be able to kinda stand him. I like him much more as a heel.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Gangrel is a great shoot interview. Seems like a fella you could have a drink with and shoot the shit and he'd never tell a lie even if it embarrassed himself.

Very down to Earth.

Sid is next.

Reactions: GhostVol
Gangrel is a great shoot interview. Seems like a fella you could have a drink with and shoot the shit and he'd never tell a lie even if it embarrassed himself.

Very down to Earth.

Sid is next.
Where are you watching these shoot interviews? I'd be interested to see one with Sid.

I knew it was going to happen...Meltzer gave Okada/Omega 7 stars.
Big Dave...please.

The original Hell in a Cell match between Shawn Michaels and Undertaker got 5 stars. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin from WM 13 got 5 stars.

If a match is a full two stars better than either of those matches, it can cure cancer.

Reactions: UKcats1988
Where are you watching these shoot interviews? I'd be interested to see one with Sid.

YouTube. Hannibal has several career shoot interviews that last over an hour each.

I watch a lot of shoot interviews. Always funny to listen to two guys tell a story about the same event but have totally opposite opinions of what happened.

Big Dave...please.

The original Hell in a Cell match between Shawn Michaels and Undertaker got 5 stars. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin from WM 13 got 5 stars.

If a match is a full two stars better than either of those matches, it can cure cancer.
They gave 140%.

It's a 5 star system. 5 is max. I get that it doesn't matter, but he's mocking other great matches and arithmetic.

Dave has fallen victim to the "YOU DE-SERVE IT *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAP CLAP*" mentality. Put on an exhausting match that shows how in shape and dedicated you are? A billion stars!!!

Dave, honey, that's not what wrestling is.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I think out of the Riott Squad, Sarah Logan is in a weird way kinda hot. She could tone up some but shes got a cute face. Sonya Deville is my most underrated but Becky, Lexi, and Peyton are still my 3 favorites.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
tumblr_n3qxigLQm51qd9sx7o1_250.gif

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT