ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Whether you liked the angle or not, doing this the night before the NFL Draft has gotten them a lot of publicity this morning. Hope Tony is sporting a neck brace tonight.
Shad Khan looks like he could be an 80's era WWF bad guy.
Also thought this was funny.

THe NFL is even covering it. He said in the Dynasty post presser that NFL Films will be filming him this week. So appears this coverage ties in to that.

Reactions: GeraldV
This angle could end up being good or it could end up being bad, we shall see. But it's something different for AEW and has given people something to talk about a reason to tune in for next week. To even get the NFL covering it is insane.

I was entertained, can't believe they gave TK the TK Driver 🤣 and Shad coming out was a nice way to sell it. Like when the parent of an athlete comes down to the field/court when their child is injured.

Now here's hoping they don't bungle it. Think it's leading to an Elite vs. AEW Blood and Guys or Anarchy in the Arena match.

Reactions: GeraldV
We're not too far off from NXT beating Dynamite imo. Raw also took a hit since we're in Playoffs mode but I think after five years the AEW cake has baked and you're either on board or you're not and if you're not, the roster, or adding titles, or relying on past employees, or the owner taking a bump isn't going to do much. There will be people who'll watch the ending through clips and will just laugh. I don't think they'll tune in next week because the Bucks, Perry, and TK's tiny frame aren't going to be taken seriously. If Tony is shown at the Draft wearing a neckbrace, people online will laugh at him. Sure, it's old school but it's just so silly. I'm trying not to be a full-on hater like Drew but Goldberg (who sucks but is a well-known star) recently called AEW cheesy. Imagine someone his size taking orders from the Bucks or Perry because they're EVP's or because they attacked a tiny billionaire.

683K for Dynamite
Took a big hit having to air live nationwide, so likely lost some West Coast viewers
Worst Dynamite ratings in 3 years.

I’m curious to see if last night’s big angle nets more viewers next week.

Also, Daily’s Place looks like shit on TV. Bad angles (no kayfabe) galore.

Reactions: Wesley91581
ADVERTISEMENT