ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Livingston - Expectations

About shitty is what I say. Not as much shit as DA though.
We’ll see. Oscar definitely is, Wheeler is definitely not, and there’s no way to know if Wallace is a championship caliber freshman. Highly doubt he’ll ever shoot consistent enough for that.
Pretty high standard when you can say the PG that led the country in assists is no good.

It’s really easy to dog Wheeler due to his glaring weaknesses. But fact of the matter is he’s been the NCAA assist leader for major conference players each of the last two seasons. Not only that, he’s had at least 1 APG more than second each of those years. This past season’s UK team was 150th in tempo on Kenpom making the feat even more impressive.

ESPN’s stats go back 20 years, here is the list of players that had multiple(nevertheless back to back) seasons at the top of the major conference assist lead:
Sahvir Wheeler. That’s it.

By all accounts he seems to be a great kid. But in all honesty I believe we were one of the best teams in the country for two reasons: Oscar creating second and third opportunities and Sahvir creating easy opportunities. Do I wish he was taller, less careless with the ball, and a better perimeter shooter? Sure. But he’s an extremely valuable weapon in college basketball.
Dang! Your facts aren't going to make you very popular on here. The least Cal could have done is dig up Bob Cousy for next years team.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
that is a sure way of taking a 31% shooter and making him a 35% plus shooter
most players can make wide open unguarded shots
So by your logic, one step the other way brings a 35% shooter down to a 31% shooter. So you got to put a little more pressure on a 35% shooter or he becomes a 39% shooter. That’s basically what players and coaches look at with a scouting report. Who can we give help off of based on their shooting? Who should we not help off of based on their shooting? Who do we need to stick to like glue? Who can we afford to give a step to because they are more dangerous as a driver than a shooter?

Reactions: STL_Cat
So by your logic, one step the other way brings a 35% shooter down to a 31% shooter. So you got to put a little more pressure on a 35% shooter or he becomes a 39% shooter. That’s basically what players and coaches look at with a scouting report. Who can we give help off of based on their shooting? Who should we not help off of based on their shooting? Who do we need to stick to like glue? Who can we afford to give a step to because they are more dangerous as a driver than a shooter?
actually by your logic you do not guard a 31% shooter
as i stated most players can hit wide open uncontested shots
so by not guarding a 31% shooter, yes you are going to increase his percentage by doing so
maybe that explains why you have never coached

actually by your logic you do not guard a 31% shooter
as i stated most players can hit wide open uncontested shots
so by not guarding a 31% shooter, yes you are going to increase his percentage by doing so
maybe that explains why you have never coached
Listen, I have coached and I understand scouting reports.

You guard guys closer if they can shoot. You give them more room if they can’t.

Pretty simple.

Now if you are going to continue to be a smart alec, then this conversation is over. God bless and goodbye.

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT