ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Doering says......

I can't understand why UK has had so much bad luck a that position with recruiting and injuries.

Pretty mind blowing how poor our qb play has been. The numerous bad breaks defy all explanation.

But that's kind of party for the course as a UK fan

If we are talking about probabilities, 16 starters are coming back from a 7 win team. That makes the probability high that this team will win at least 7, but just as probably 8 or 9 like the SECN analysts predicted last night.

Exactly. I think about 6-7 wins yields the highest probability. I think 8 wins is actually more probable than 4 wins.

But that's why some people get so worked up one way or the other about predicting 4 wins. Someone feels offended. Either you predict that there's very little chance they win 4 or there's a very high chance they win 4. We're talking about more extremist points of views.......opinions. Something that can't be proven.

And, of course, the extremists are usually the loudest and most opinionated of any population....

Reactions: The-Hack
Ahh, the other way around....got it.

So, what site do you go with? And when are the bets settled?

Pretty much all local bookies use websites that take your bets and they settle personally in cash just as they have for decades. Most of the sites seem based in Costa Rica. The bookies pay a % of the action to use the site.

I’m not sure what commercial internet sites are good these days.

My assumption would be that they wait till the end of the season, then settle all bets at the same time....correct?

Although the bowl game wouldn't matter if the over/under is set at 5.5, but is the bowl game included in the win total?

I got Kentucky over 5.5 wins @ +104 on Bookmaker shop around.

https://www.bookmaker.eu/promotion/promotion-latest

I was looking up the latest promotions from Bookmaker. Many of the promotions for first time users talk about "5x rollover before withdrawals can be made." Does this mean what I think it means? If I get on this site, make a bet, the $ will be locked up until I make 4 more bets?

It seems painful for doering to say nice things about U.K. and when it comes to the Florida game he’s a real homer

I could have sworn I heard Chris say that Kentucky has the best receiving corps in the SEC. Although, I was drinking at the time.

Reactions: fabcat
Good bet! It looks like a 6 or 7 win season to the numbers guru. Other than Vandy and 3 of the OOC opponents I can't tell you where the other 2 or 3 wins come from. SC, TN and ??? look most likely.

Peace

Yeah I’m sure you think we have no shot with UL.

Reactions: Poetax
I'd be disappointed if we finished 6-6, but the extra bowl game practices are essential with the amount of players we're losing. I would still be optimistic moving forward. At the end of the day, continued development of depth is what consistently brings us to bowl games each and every year, and is what's most important currently. Those practices are absolutely essential, and going to a bowl--even a lower tiered one, is a massive step over no bowl at all when it comes to recruiting.

With that said, they absolutely have the talent to go 8-4 this year. If everything goes near perfect 9-3 isn't out of the question. I think at the end of the day they were pandering to their audience, but 8-4 is a lot more likely than 4-8. I think we go 7-5 FWIW with a bowl win making us 8-5.

Reactions: jauk11
How can it not be 9-3? I mean MTSU and UL - come on.

It all depends on which UK team shows up. If it’s the team that played Florida we will be 9-3. If it’s the team that played UT we could be 7-5. We have the talent but ‘something’ is out of whack.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT