ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Doering says......

No - it’s 5.5 now with under a favorite at -120; I just took over 5.5 at -110 so let’s go
Good bet! It looks like a 6 or 7 win season to the numbers guru. Other than Vandy and 3 of the OOC opponents I can't tell you where the other 2 or 3 wins come from. SC, TN and ??? look most likely.

Peace

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It comes down to 4 games SC, Miss St,UT and UL.If we can go 3-1 or 2-2 we have a decent year and a bowl game.We have to win some of these toss-up games to show we are doing something right.Serve notice on these teams that the days of counting the UK game as a win are over and they are in for a knock down drag out when we show up on the schedule.

Last edited:
Good bet! It looks like a 6 or 7 win season to the numbers guru. Other than Vandy and 3 of the OOC opponents I can't tell you where the other 2 or 3 wins come from. SC, TN and ??? look most likely.

Peace

Once the season starts and we upset Florida several more wins should be more obvious. I expect a very close game, and according to my calculations we are due. LOL

But we really need to beat Florida to get the ball rolling, and it probably would be an upset just based on the raw talent and location., To me Georgia will be the big obstacle to winning the east for a while but I expect Florida to be back up there soon, too much talent in that state.

Peace

Yes, 6-7 wins is a safe bet. If the QB play is very good, then could be more. The schedule isn't super tough by SEC standards.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
No - it’s 5.5 now with under a favorite at -120; I just took over 5.5 at -110 so let’s go

Just to get this straight. If I bet $100 and we go over, my account will show ($100 + $110 = $210)? Correct?

What site? Is there a fee to bet?

Just to get this straight. If I bet $100 and we go over, my account will show ($100 + $110 = $210)? Correct?

What site? Is there a fee to bet?

At a -110 line you would bet $110 and a win would get you your original bet back plus $100 for a total of $210.

Your scenario above would be true if the line for the over was 5.5 at +110

Reactions: BlueRaider22
At a -110 line you would bet $110 and a win would get you your original bet back plus $100 for a total of $210.

Your scenario above would be true if the line for the over was 5.5 at +110

Ahh, the other way around....got it.

So, what site do you go with? And when are the bets settled?

I just thought it obvious. Good qb play plus decent defense could end in a really good season.

But many people forget how close we were to absolute disappointment
And you also forget how close UK was to a 10 win season. You can't play the "whatif" game and not see both sides. Kentucky won some close games, but they also lost some very close games.

And you also forget how close UK was to a 10 win season. You can't play the "whatif" game and not see both sides. Kentucky won some close games, but they also lost some very close games.

Never denied it. I'm addressing the folks who think 4 and 5 win predictions are an outrage.

I think we'll win 6 or 7. But with the qb and K questions combined with our schedule - low wins are totally possible

But with the qb and K questions combined with our schedule - low wins are totally possible
I'm sure a lot of fans would agree with you.

I never worry about the schedule, because it is a phantom concern. Every year, people are worried to death about the schedule. Then, every year, some teams underperform, and the schedule turns out differently than anticipated in degree of difficulty.

The QB is a true concern because our starter will be new. But at least his knees and shoulders will be healthy. It's possible that our new QB will be an upgrade. In college sports, every team is replacing graduated seniors. We aren't the only team with QB questions. FL, TAM, TN, and UL also have them. Any team is one injury away from having them.

The placekicker is another true concern. But there are entire seasons when some teams don't face a single game defining FG attempt. Then there are also seasons like 2016. MacGinnis is our leading career scorer. That doesn't mean Chance Poore won't break his records. But this is something we don't know yet.

Last edited:
It comes down to 4 games SC, Miss St,UT and UL.If we can go 3-1 or 2-2 we have a decent year and a bowl game.We ave to win some of these toss-up games to show we are doing something right.Serve notice on these teams that the days of counting the UK game as a win are over and they are in for a knock down drag out when we show up on the schedule.
Agree! Throw UF in there. A win over them would be huge

Never denied it. I'm addressing the folks who think 4 and 5 win predictions are an outrage.

I think we'll win 6 or 7. But with the qb and K questions combined with our schedule - low wins are totally possible

We're talking about a subject matter that can't ever be proven one way or the other.

Myself, I try to deal with probability and likelihood. It's possible that we could only win 1-2 games this coming yr, but I don't think it's very likely.

We're talking about a subject matter that can't ever be proven one way or the other.

Myself, I try to deal with probability and likelihood. It's possible that we could only win 1-2 games this coming yr, but I don't think it's very likely.

I don't see anyway we win less than 4, even worst case.

If we are talking about probabilities, 16 starters are coming back from a 7 win team. That makes the probability high that this team will win at least 7, but just as probably 8 or 9 like the SECN analysts predicted last night.

I’m saying 7 or 8. Nine would require a few things to go our way more often

Doering is an Imperial level dork.

Even after playing college ball at Florida and spending some time in the NFL, he still hasn't gotten laid.

Reactions: Samurai Cat

I agree, anywhere from 4 to 9 is possible. So much depends on what UK gets from the two positions you mentioned. When you look at the 11 years since Woodson and say the best QB UK has had since then is Hartline(and its not even close) then is hard to expect much from that position. I loved Woodson, liked Hartline. A good quarterback can cover up a lot mistakes. I believe that if UK had had Hartline like QB the last 2 years the win total would have been better by 2 or 3 games each season. I can't understand why UK has had so much bad luck a that position with recruiting and injuries.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT