ADVERTISEMENT

China pulls plug on NBA games after Enes tells the truth

That’s not what I was referring to. Shut up and dribble comes to mind. Also seems to remember a lot of condemnation when Enes spoke out against Erdogan.
GOP peeps didn't say ish about speaking out against Erdogan. Remember, we (republicans) are not in favor of Sharia Law. Liberals are. I think it has something to do with pedophilia which you libs are also for.

If you don't think black folks have a reason to be critical of the US then you're either ignorant or racist.

As a white person of English decent, do I have a gripe with the British Monarchy? No, because that was hundreds of years ago? If I'm Kaepernick, who grew up in the 90's and had a great life, what is he angry about? That his ancestors were treated poorly?

Last edited:
I don’t watch any news media these days. And I’m okay if I’m called ignorant because of it. Being called ignorant by ignorant people is actually comical. Less education is sometimes a good thing. You can think freely. Nobody influences me these days, I have my own thoughts and opinions, and will respond accordingly. Everyone has a choice these days, mine is to ignore the so called experts, and go on my gut and upbringing. To each their own.

I agree completely. For me, I understand more by reading everything associated with current events, and I use my education and understanding of historical precedent to form opinions. When I see a national publication using obvious propaganda, and I connect the dots, in able to see what is happening in real time (if that makes sense).

It’s how I was able to go through a very liberal program in college, full of propaganda, and come out with a level and logical approach.

Sign me up for a Kanter jersey. The dude has a backbone which is lacking in our cancel culture society. Would love to have a "Get Canceled Day" where everyone puts enough stuff on social media to get canceled.
Unfortunately, he’s not a good enough player to get away with having such backbone. He’s not even been getting in games. To have a mere benchwarmer get your franchise yanked from all Chinese TV …we’ll, obviously that ain’t gonna be tolerated for long.

It would quite different if a legit star like LeBron or Steph Curry showed such backbone …someone who can’t be easily discarded and must be taken seriously. But good luck finding that guy.

Exactly. The NBA is a company trying to make a profit.

If you don't think black folks have a reason to be critical of the US then you're either ignorant or racist.
Is it because they are against slavery? So China currently has modern day slaves... So they should be against the CCP right? Or do we get judged on what our great great grandfathers did but commies don't even get blamed for what they are currently doing?

Where's the woke outrage? Enes stands alone against real slavery and oppression and everybody ignores it hoping it goes away.

If he was trying to divide and destroy America the "woke" crowd would be out screaming and protesting in the street. Disgusting.

Welp, I expect to see Enes' body to be found in the coming days. Wouldn't be all that shocked if it was done by our own side, either..

Sorry Enes, nobody gives a damn. You'll need to add some divisive leftist propaganda in your message. Something that helps destroy America, if you ever want to gain any traction here. The ChiComs might even consider it a wash and placate you a little then.

This real slavery and oppression are PC so there's nothing to virtue signal against.

And I know this will probably lead to politics, and pages of memes, but gotta show respect for what he’s doing. Guy is standing for what’s right... reminds me of another famous athlete from Kentucky who challenged the status quo...

Some how this will come back to Cal and how Nike helps other schools. Good for Enes and this is his agenda, I can’t imagine what shoes would cost if they were made in the USA by Americans.

I saw this last week. China promptly took down any celctics games I think it was within 30 minutes of him posting his first video.

I vividly remember an administrator ? I think it was of the rockets was critical of how China does things and be had to apologize and LeBron then come out praising the communist

Enes has more guts than LeBron.

UEGYKYISFJHENAIFDBNBH7TNDI.jpg

It’s funny, half the guys that liked this post are the same ones that stay athletes should stay out of politics. Apparently, it’s only certain politics.

It’s about reading the room. Here at Catpaw, conservative stances are OK. Non-conservative stances are political and should stay out of sports. Perhaps the same - but reverse - applies on, say, an Oregon message board.

Personally, I think we ahould all tell China to get fuxked, but that would require us to stop purchasing so much cheap Chinese-made merch in the process. Is that a sacrifice average Americans are willing to make?

It’s about reading the room. Here at Catpaw, conservative stances are OK. Non-conservative stances are political and should stay out of sports. Perhaps the same - but reverse - applies on, say, an Oregon message board.

Personally, I think we ahould all tell China to get fuxked, but that would require us to stop purchasing so much cheap Chinese-made merch in the process. Is that a sacrifice average Americans are willing to make?
I didn't realize being anti-slavery was a conservative stance but thanks for confirming.

Regards

Where's the woke outrage? Enes stands alone against real slavery and oppression and everybody ignores it hoping it goes away.

If he was trying to divide and destroy America the "woke" crowd would be out screaming and protesting in the street. Disgusting.
So much Truth there!

Fullly support Kanter and his ability to express his opinion. He’s right, more people, especially the hypocrites who preach down to us from the left, should take issue with China (fwiw I’m speaking about politicians and celebrities, not posters here, I doubt many posters like/admire China).

I don’t agree with his views on BLM but of course he has the right to speak his mind.

I remember when it was to ok disagree. Pepperidge farms remembers too

Reactions: Atrain7732
Some how this will come back to Cal and how Nike helps other schools. Good for Enes and this is his agenda, I can’t imagine what shoes would cost if they were made in the USA by Americans.
Who cares what they cost if they are made in USA. People would buy them and WalMart would copy them and sell a cheap lookalike brand. Choice is a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT