ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier to visit Mon

I really hope he commits to us, reminds me so much of Reeves. CHAZ, this is the biggest stage in CBB! And I agree I wish we were last on his list unless he just commits while he is here, I am ready to write a check myself. We need a stud, and this dude is it imo.

Last edited:
So he will be here with Big Vinson. With the way that Lanier likes to play it will be strange to me if he goes to TN. All they got is selling him on being the man. He would be on a more mature and talented team here with a better chance in the tournament. Fast paced, three point shooting and a higher quality coaching staff just some of the things any player should be more in favor of.

Wonder if he commits while visiting? If he heads to Tennessee I think they will wrap him up on his visit. We will have to wait and see.
Hey, BYU is getting serious about winning now and I hate to say it but they hired one of the best coaches anyone thought they could. He’s going to do big things there and that’s crazy in my mind. They have some big old money as well so we may have to get with it to get him from them. Let alone Tennessee.

So he will be here with Big Vinson. With the way that Lanier likes to play it will be strange to me if he goes to TN. All they got is selling him on being the man. He would be on a more mature and talented team here with a better chance in the tournament. Fast paced, three point shooting and a higher quality coaching staff just some of the things any player should be more in favor of.
I don't like hearing Lanier can go be the man at UT I hope he chooses the second opinion you said tho

Hey, BYU is getting serious about winning now and I hate to say it but they hired one of the best coaches anyone thought they could. He’s going to do big things there and that’s crazy in my mind. They have some big old money as well so we may have to get with it to get him from them. Let alone Tennessee.
Yes, But they cannot get past the BYU Code of ethics. That is hard to get over or past. Unless the kid is mormon.

Yeah, i get there are ways around that but no one (especially making $$ wants to hide doing anything).

It turns out he's well respected in the NBA.
Was the highest paid assistant in the league. He’s a real up and coming talent. Was waiting for a big NBA job but took the BYU position. He’s going to have them rolling I’m thinking. Some of their players came back and are excited and i
Really think Robinson is torn between the league of course but then Kentucky and pope or BYU. Who knows, if They cut a big enough chunk for Lanier, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Robinson go back to if he doesn’t get a high enough evaluation. Crazy to think they helped Kentucky get a great coach and could actually take their two biggest recruits. lol. Funny stuff. Probably won’t happen but it’s on the table and interesting.

Yes, But they cannot get past the BYU Code of ethics. That is hard to get over or past. Unless the kid is mormon.

Yeah, i get there are ways around that but no one (especially making $$ wants to hide doing anything).
They get kids all the time who aren’t Mormons. They still have to go to church I’m sure but they don’t have to be in the faith. The coach I’m sure does but not the player. Still would have to sign the code of conduct contract but it’s up to the players. I definitely understand your point and it would be hard for a big time athlete to do that but could be a millionaire trying. Haha. They haven’t had to spend much money yet besides the coach so they have it to spend on a couple big time guys if they want. Hey , I’m all about UK so hope it doesn’t happen. lol. Just saying they’re a threat for him and definitely Robinson if he doesn’t go to the league.

Just thinking out loud. Are there any connection between Chaz and Jamie Vinson? I would think you’d want them to visit separately so you could solely focus in on one.

Reactions: LCFOOTBALLDAD
Hard to know what is going on these days with agents, NIL, unlimited official visits, and the like. Whoever wants to join this team better hurry up though, cause the spots are dwindling.

Last edited:
Even without him, I think you have to feel pretty good about what Pope has done in such a short time frame.
I like the squad the only add I don’t like is Krisa but other than that I like what we have and I fell good about getting Lanier now. Duke is gonna be good are you all going to add another center? That seems like the only weak spot on your roster?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT