ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier #1 in offensive efficiency last year.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007

This is the guy I want to be our #1 scorer next year.

He does it all from an efficiency standpoint. 51% shooting from the field; 44% from three; 88% from the line. He took almost 8 free throws per game. He's a good rebounder.

Surround him with UK's current roster and we have a Final Four contender, folks.

He does it all from an efficiency standpoint. 51% shooting from the field; 44% from three; 88% from the line. He took almost 8 free throws per game. He's a good rebounder.

Surround him with UK's current roster and we have a Final Four contender, folks.
Totally agree with you here. THIS is the guy — and would be a huge swing bc it would make me sick to see him go to UT.

Has there been ANY smoke to suggest he could / would come here?

Totally agree with you here. THIS is the guy — and would be a huge swing bc it would make me sick to see him go to UT.

Has there been ANY smoke to suggest he could / would come here?
Maryland and Tennessee are seen as the two frontrunners. That said, Pope said there was multiple guys in the NBA draft process that they were waiting to see about.

Add in the fact that no one saw the Garrison or Kriisa additions coming, and the hope is that Kentucky is in there as well.

Lanier has a "do not contact" tag as well as he goes through the draft process.

Maryland and Tennessee are seen as the two frontrunners. That said, Pope said there was multiple guys in the NBA draft process that they were waiting to see about.

Add in the fact that no one saw the Garrison or Kriisa additions coming, and the hope is that Kentucky is in there as well.

I get Tenn is his home state — but what’s the “draw/connection” to Maryland?

Thought he was a lock to UT
a83182e5-e075-4eac-8659-4459ad486ed5_text.gif

He's testing the draft right now.

How wonderful would it be to close out with Lanier as the final critical piece?

Right now, we've got everything on this roster except for a gunslinger.

To the National sports media: “Rebuilding season my ass.”

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
Really hope we go all in on Darryn Peterson reclassification and get him for 2 years.

It would also be a “splashy” hire whoops…I mean NIL recruit…. It would make noise. Help with this upcoming season as the type of on ball creator we are missing….and would be a heck of a start to the roster for the season after this one

I don't get the Tennessee thing .
Barnes must be a good recruiter.
I just don't see them as a place to win a championship.

Man I love Antonio Reeves. Right behind Lanier and Reeves did it in the SEC. That kid is an all-timer at UK and will never get his proper appreciation.

Without question, Reeves was in my top 5 favorite UK players to watch play

I don't get the Tennessee thing .
Barnes must be a good recruiter.
I just don't see them as a place to win a championship
What? So your expectation is that coach Pope is going to win a championship next year? Don't do that man it's not fair to put those expectations on coach Pope in his first year. I think Barnes has a really easy sell to Lanier to go to Tennessee. They just won the SEC and he can tell Lanier you will be Dalton Knecht's replacement. Knecht just went from being a mid major transfer to SEC player of the year, 1st team All-American and now a NBA lottery pick. I think that's a pretty easy sell to go to Tennessee.

Reactions: westerncat
I just can't see paying a kid millions of dollars to play CBB. Way to much as there are people out there just inking out a living. JMO

Reactions: kywildcat41086
What? So your expectation is that coach Pope is going to win a championship next year? Don't do that man it's not fair to put those expectations on coach Pope in his first year. I think Barnes has a really easy sell to Lanier to go to Tennessee. They just won the SEC and he can tell Lanier you will be Dalton Knecht's replacement. Knecht just went from being a mid major transfer to SEC player of the year, 1st team All-American and now a NBA lottery pick. I think that's a pretty easy sell to go to Tennessee.
Never mentioned Pope.
Just gave my opinion of Tennessee.
Barnes can develope.
I just wouldn't go there expecting to win a c'ship.
Many coaches are successful regular season and flame out tournament time.
I am excited to have Pope.
I haven't the following to even be a microscopic bleep on his radar screen.

If all of you want to just be disappointed, all the UConn players and other NBA entree players are also in the portal now just in case. why not get your hopes up for landing the NCAA title winner players too lol

That would be dope, even more than Reeves who we all know was a beast.

Reactions: chroix
If all of you want to just be disappointed, all the UConn players and other NBA entree players are also in the portal now just in case. why not get your hopes up for landing the NCAA title winner players too lol
Emotions were at a negative fever pitch before Pope.
Now they're at a positive fever pitch as the Pope era begins.
I think he's here to repair the breach .
Hope he's successful.
I really think if he fails it won't be for lack of effort.
I'll take positive perhaps hyper emotion over negative any day of the week.
Go big blue!

Sign this guy and Woogie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT