ADVERTISEMENT

Chances Oliver Sarr stays at Wake Forest?

Reactions: uky8unc5
He is really good and would be a great get for your team. Plays near the basket and is a strong rim protector. Experience at a high level and torched my ACC team for a lot of points. I won't say who because you don't like them. :) I like this board as it is very active and a good source of information.

LOL he ain't keeping him. Doesn't mean he comes here but he ain't staying at Wake . Kids don't enter the portal and stay . Especially after losing a coach. He is going to go to a blue blood program at win a lot next year. Kid is really good .
Does this sound like a kid that 100% has his mind made up he’s going to transfer?

"It didn't come as that big of a surprise," Les Johns of Demon Deacons Digest told CatsPause.com. "He's still giving Steve Forbes and Wake Forest a chance and exploring other options. He's looking at it as a complete re-recruiting process. There's things he really likes about Wake Forest and there's things he's disillusioned about with the coaching change and being talked out of testing the waters and then his coach being fired just days later."

Reactions: christophero
Does this sound like a kid that 100% has his mind made up he’s going to transfer?

"It didn't come as that big of a surprise," Les Johns of Demon Deacons Digest told CatsPause.com. "He's still giving Steve Forbes and Wake Forest a chance and exploring other options. He's looking at it as a complete re-recruiting process. There's things he really likes about Wake Forest and there's things he's disillusioned about with the coaching change and being talked out of testing the waters and then his coach being fired just days later."
He will transfer somewhere.

Are you still on that he will not transfer agenda that you have been on for days? Are you still 50/50 or what is your percentage now?

Are you still on that he will not transfer agenda that you have been on for days? Are you still 50/50 or what is your percentage now?
Non agenda, I hope he comes here. I just think there is a good possibility he stays at WF.

Reactions: kl40504
It might depend on how many other players the new Wake coach can talk into coming back, as quite a few of them have entered the transfer portal. If just Sarr comes back, it's a multi year rebuilding process and that's why the kid wants to transfer in the first place. (that and he was close to Manning)

It might depend on how many other players the new Wake coach can talk into coming back, as quite a few of them have entered the transfer portal. If just Sarr comes back, it's a multi year rebuilding process and that's why the kid wants to transfer in the first place. (that and he was close to Manning)
Good point.

Reactions: christophero
He waited until he talked to Steve Forbes before he put his name in the transfer portal. I believe if he was going to stay he would not have entered the transfer portal after talking to the new coach.

This was incorrect. Forbes didn’t meet with him until Sunday (See below) and he’s allowed to meet with him in person unlike any of the other coaches.

Recruiting is different right now; you can’t go see kids, but you can see your own kids,” Forbes said. “The whole staff, we drove yesterday to visit with Olivier face-to-face. I thought it went really well. As you guys know, he’s a fabulous, fabulous young man. I just love him. We were there for a couple hours, I thought we connected well for the first time. We talked on the phone, but not face to face [until Sunday].

Last edited:
This was incorrect. Forbes didn’t meet with him until Sunday (See below) and he’s allowed to meet with him in person unlike any of the other coaches.

Recruiting is different right now; you can’t go see kids, but you can see your own kids,” Forbes said. “The whole staff, we drove yesterday to visit with Olivier face-to-face. I thought it went really well. As you guys know, he’s a fabulous, fabulous young man. I just love him. We were there for a couple hours, I thought we connected well for the first time. We talked on the phone, but not face to face [until Sunday].
Are you a Wake Forest fan? If so, was Sarrs more of a traditional center or did he like to stretch the floors?

I didn't say he met with Forbes. I said he talked to Forbes. Forbes talked to him prior to meeting him in person.

You are incorrect. This was reported by ESPN"
Manning was fired last Saturday after six seasons in Winston-Salem, but Sarr isn't writing off a return to the Demon Deacons. He said he spoke to Forbes on Thursday night.

Manning was fired last Saturday after six seasons in Winston-Salem, but Sarr isn't writing off a return to the Demon Deacons. He said he spoke to Forbes on Thursday night.
Did you read your own post about “Sarr isn’t writing off a return to WF”? But you think I’m crazy for saying there is a good chance he comes back. Thanks for making my point. Lol

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Are you a Wake Forest fan? If so, was Sarrs more of a traditional center or did he like to stretch the floors?
I am a Deac fan. Sarr is at his best on the block. He will struggle guarding away from lane. A true 5....

BUT you + I both know he has to be hoping to stretch his game. (I have not heard him say it)

Great.I have a bad feeling that another big man hope for us is gone.It's so annoying the bad luck we are having getting a quality center.

Did you read your own post about “Sarr isn’t writing off a return to WF”? But you think I’m crazy for saying there is a good chance he comes back. Thanks for making my point. Lol
Thanks for finally allowing me to prove my point that he talked to Forbes prior to putting his name in the portal. Even though you don't check your facts before calling out someone. Whether he stays at Wake or transfers is only an opinion but it is a fact that he talked to Forbes prior to entering his name in the transfer portal.

Just curious because I honestly don't know the answer, but has anyone ever put their name in the transfer portal and returned to their old school? I just can't think of any off the top of my head.
Can't remember the kid's name but just recently a 7'0 guy who was considering Louisville decided to stay at his old school.

You don’t know that any more than I do. Kids can change their minds.
NAME me 1 time . 1 ! When a kid entered the portal and stayed . I will wait..... It doesn't happen. I mean I am sure out of 10000 times it has happened 1-2 times but that isn't worth considering. He is going to play some place he can win . Could that be us? Sure but who knows at this point.

Also it can't be undersold that all his teammates left too. Maybe if they all had stayed it would be a tiny chance . I can't wait to hear his top 5 or whatever. We know UK and Wake will be on there though Wake will be there only in respect not in reality. I am interested to see if KU gets involved . They are out of rides but that is the 1 team that scares me for Sarr.

He is not staying at Wake. He would have waited to hear what the coach had to say before entering his name in the portal if he was leaning on staying at Wake.

Was it announced if Sarrs officially enter the portal today? I know he sent in the paperwork but said it would be today before it was announced officially

Just curious because I honestly don't know the answer, but has anyone ever put their name in the transfer portal and returned to their old school? I just can't think of any off the top of my head.
Rare but could happen. I think he transfers. I just don't know if it will be to Kentucky.

You might want to read this quote from Sarr before you continue to say that he will return to Wake Forest.
The biggest factor in his recruitment? Winning. After “some tough years” at Wake Forest, Sarr wants to be a part of a winning program. Whether that can be in Winston-Salem next year under Forbes, or if it needs to be elsewhere, that will be the next step in his decision-making process.

“My drive is winning,” he said. “Everybody knows there’s been some tough years with Wake. I tried my best individually to improve and work on my game, but really, in the next program I’m looking for a winning program. A winning team with ambition. A team that plays with intensity.”

While we wait for Sarr to announce which schools have reached out – Kentucky is expected to be one.

So you think he can achieve those goals at Wake Forest next year. Good luck

Rare but could happen. I think he transfers. I just don't know if it will be to Kentucky.
Right sounds like maybe a couple of times in over 50 years. I will take those odds and the fact he said thanks for a great 3 years to Wake fans that he ain't coming back for his last year to be in a rebuild and playing for an NIT birth.

That new Wake coach seems awfully confident he can talk his players into coming back. I suppose this is his greatest recruiting challenge. The only way Wake would be good is if everyone returns, and even then they'd probably be a bubble team.

Not a Wake fan but I live in Winston-Salem and have several friends close to the program. They do not expect him to return He will likely be allowed to transfer without sitting a year because he did not enter draft specifically because he thought Manning would remain. He believes Wake knowingly made the personnel move after deadline to enter had passed so there is some slight ill will.

The big question they tell me is whether he stays in the US or returns home to play pro ball in France for a year or so. With all the covid stuff in place he has been living with a teammate's family and is definitely feeling homesick. If he does transfer somebody is getting a traditional post player who is really good at the ft line. Not the biggest banger but smart and understands how to use his length.

By nature he is somewhat shy and reserved (a lot because he is from foreign country) so that is the appeal of the small campus.

Sarr gives UK a legitimate third weapon next year if he comes here. You need three dependable, consistent, high-level guys if you're going to compete for a title. Sarr would give us the third piece in the trio that includes Clarke and Boston.

If you somehow added Williams to go with him, you suddenly have four high-level guys with the chance that Askew, Brooks, or Jackson become the fifth guy.

Lots of positive options out there. The most important one is landing Sarr, obviously.

Sarr gives UK a legitimate third weapon next year if he comes here. You need three dependable, consistent, high-level guys if you're going to compete for a title. Sarr would give us the third piece in the trio that includes Clarke and Boston.

If you somehow added Williams to go with him, you suddenly have four high-level guys with the chance that Askew, Brooks, or Jackson become the fifth guy.

Lots of positive options out there. The most important one is landing Sarr, obviously.

I’m skeptical about Williams. Being a big time producer at a mid-major doesn’t usually translate to being a big time producer at a P5. See Nate Sestina. How is Williams different? I am not that familiar with him, so I really want to know what makes him so coveted? I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I’m skeptical about Williams. Being a big time producer at a mid-major doesn’t usually translate to being a big time producer at a P5. See Nate Sestina. How is Williams different? I am not that familiar with him, so I really want to know what makes him so coveted? I’ll hang up and listen.
If Cal thinks we need him then we need him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT