ADVERTISEMENT

Challenging Ga In The East...No Reaspect

They know what our HC knew when he took the job. If we get over the hump and put together 3-4 seasons (we stand at 2) challenging for SEC East crown, we really will become the Midwest's entry in their lovely little club, with a larger natural recruiting home turf both by area and population than any other school in the conference not named Tx A&M. We can defeat our natural disadvantage of being a small state in this way. The subtext of everything is to pushback against the thought we can do it... say as little positive as possible. Example: Stinchomb and Zarzour offering ZERO gloss on why Koback transferred to Toledo... as if somehow, he was just unhappy with the fact we honored his scholly and rehabbed him, and he was desperate to play in the MAC rather than the SEC.
Kentucky isn't a Midwestern state, we are a southern state.....always have been. We are south of the mason Dixon line.

Reactions: catswillwin
Would be great if we could take over S. Carolina and Tennessee former positions and let them suck for while. Lets Go!

Kentucky isn't a Midwestern state, we are a southern state.....always have been. We are south of the mason Dixon line.
Thanks, Britannica. I know that. That's not the point. We are as close as anyone in the conference gets.

Oh, and FWIW, we didn't act too "Southern" 1861-1865, and a fair part of the South has yet to forgive us for it. I'm all broken up over it, too.

Well, we're starting to get a sizeable losing streak against Georgia. We haven't beaten them since 2009 and have almost no chance or a very slim chance to beat them this year. This year would make 10 straight losses to them. Gotta stop having double digit losing streaks against teams..I don't give a damn who it's against. Enough of that crap..I mean, for good, after we finally beat Georgia, whenever that happens. Until then, win consistently against everybody else in the East/win our share. Sweep the non conference games as well..no excuse to lose to anyone on our non conference schedule. Louisville is garbage.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
They are right now, but one bad hit on Fromm from being much more managable.

You say that and never seen his backup play. He has a better arm, held the state of Georgia single season passing yardage record when he graduated and is much more athletic. What he is is small and inexperienced and it isn't his team., after this weekend I think we can still win the East with him, but not the SEC. He doesn't have to be great, he just can't be a turnover machine.

Well, we're starting to get a sizeable losing streak against Georgia. We haven't beaten them since 2009 and have almost no chance or a very slim chance to beat them this year. This year would make 10 straight losses to them. Gotta stop having double digit losing streaks against teams..I don't give a damn who it's against. Enough of that crap..I mean, for good, after we finally beat Georgia, whenever that happens. Until then, win consistently against everybody else in the East/win our share. Sweep the non conference games as well..no excuse to lose to anyone on our non conference schedule. Louisville is garbage.
I like your thinking! [thumb2]

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
You say that and never seen his backup play. He has a better arm, held the state of Georgia single season passing yardage record when he graduated and is much more athletic. What he is is small and inexperienced and it isn't his team., after this weekend I think we can still win the East with him, but not the SEC. He doesn't have to be great, he just can't be a turnover machine.
I’m sure he’s very talented but if Fromm goes down UGA less dangerous I’m confident of that Grump and think you know that too. And neither one of us had sen him play big time college ball yet.

I’m sure he’s very talented but if Fromm goes down UGA less dangerous I’m confident of that Grump and think you know that too. And neither one of us had sen him play big time college ball yet.

To an extent they are, but not as much as a team that depends more on a passing attack. Arm talent might even be a step up from Fromm, but everything is is a step down. I think we win the East with his backup, but not the SEC. When Eason went down no one had saw Fromm play big time college football either. But to assume we can't play without him is a stretch.

Missouri?
Admittedly similar, but not as well positioned... at the SW edge of the Midwest, SE edge of the Great Plains (essentially a recruiting wasteland). They are no better positioned for any Midwest states except Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota. Illinois is the best of these 3, of course, and the only worth mention. We are almost as close to Chicago. We enjoy greater proximity to all the population centers of Indiana, Michigan, of course, Ohio, as well as Pennsylvania and Maryland/DMV (B10 footprint, though not MidAtlantic, not Midwest). Missouri doesn't have our opportunity. They are fortunate to have both STL and KC in-state.

Oh, and FWIW, we didn't act too "Southern" 1861-1865, and a fair part of the South has yet to forgive us for it. I'm all broken up over it, too.

The Civil War is ancient history and people who still use the word “Yankee” are lol - but I have to say at the Georgia/Kentucky game in Lexington in 1996 when they announced a World Series score of like Yankees 4, Braves 1 and most of the stadium cheered, I was like “this aint the South.”

If anything holds Alabama, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia et al together its the Braves. A stadium full of NY Yankee fans? Thats a no go.

To an extent they are, but not as much as a team that depends more on a passing attack. Arm talent might even be a step up from Fromm, but everything is is a step down. I think we win the East with his backup, but not the SEC. When Eason went down no one had saw Fromm play big time college football either. But to assume we can't play without him is a stretch.
Never said anything about not being able to play without Fromm, those are your words. The topic was how far ahead UGA was from everybody else & the point I made was, YES I agree but one injury to one specific player makes that less so. It's not about arm strength or speed or whatever, it's about Fromm being so solid & efficient & I think people underestimate how important he is to you guys. And IMO it's not as easy as plugging in a talented freshman, despite all the talent around him, especially one that hasn't played yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
The Civil War is ancient history and people who still use the word “Yankee” are lol - but I have to say at the Georgia/Kentucky game in Lexington in 1996 when they announced a World Series score of like Yankees 4, Braves 1 and most of the stadium cheered, I was like “this aint the South.”

If anything holds Alabama, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia et al together its the Braves. A stadium full of NY Yankee fans? Thats a no go.
Grew up in Lexington 57 years & have never heard anybody root for the Yankees. Big time Reds country here and Braves ruled their division for years & probably some animosity over that you heard. A lot of Braves fans around here too back then simply because of the TBS tv games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT