ADVERTISEMENT

CBSsports.com: CBB's offseason winners and losers. UL is in the loser category

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012

Loser: Issues in Louisville

The Cardinals are college basketball's preeminent soap opera, and the latest episode involves head coach Chris Mack getting suspended for the first six games of the 2021-22 season in the wake of an extortion attempt by former assistant Dino Gaudio. If you're not up to speed on the details of the saga, catch up here. But the gist of it is that Mack won't be on the bench for the first three weeks of the season because the Louisville program continues to be a magnet for dysfunction even in the post-Rick Pitino era. The Cardinals narrowly missed the 2021 NCAA Tournament, and if Mack gets to the end of his fourth season without a victory in the Big Dance, it's fair to wonder how much leash he'll have left in the wake of the Gaudio scandal and with the program under NCAA investigation yet again.

I don't know if they already are or not, but at some point fans, boosters, alums and sponsors are gonna have to start using their wallets as a megaphone to voice their displeasure. I mean, in all honesty, it's really embarrassing for the school, and I bet even the fans are pretty embarrassed to wear their UofL gear out in public.

I don't know if they already are or not, but at some point fans, boosters, alums and sponsors are gonna have to start using their wallets as a megaphone to voice their displeasure. I mean, in all honesty, it's really embarrassing for the school, and I bet even the fans are pretty embarrassed to wear their UofL gear out in public.

Loservile fans are just as/or more embarrassing as their program.

Both programs are pretty much dead at this point. Maybe they slip into the tourney but I'm assuming they get hammered with a possible 2 year ban afterward. And Mack is being investigated for possible Level II violations for those recruiting videos that were made. Satterfield's recruiting as been lackluster and he lost some of the base when he whined about L's Down. He lost most of the base when he flirted with SC. And he's just about lost the entire base with the Ole Miss loss. Two walking dead men basically.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Blog-Feature-Image-dystopian.png

This will probably go away if they win though. With them returning the majority of their wings/frontcourt, I very much like the three transfers they got in West, Locke, and Cross. All three shoot better than 40% on 3s as well. They should be set up for a good season in the ACC as I think it's just a Duke/UNC and everybody else kind of year for that conference. Virginia, Syracuse, and FSU lost too much to be consistent. ND might actually be the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference since they returned the whole team minus Durham and will start 5 seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT