ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports analysts pick UK to finish 6th in the SEC

As long as we win a single game in the NCAA tournament it will be an improvement over Calipari. Having a good regular season is nice but I judge success by what happens in March.

I don't know if the SEC has ever been this good. Mark Pope has a huge challenge ahead of him. The SEC tournament may be more difficult than the first few rounds of the NCAA tournament.

The thing is, we do not know as fans, what to expect because UK has not played a game yet.

Even when cal had summer games, it was a little revealing of expectations but nowhere an indicator of winning.

At least the analysts are not thinking we finish last.......new coach, new players, need time to rebuild....

You just hope as a fan, that we are not looking at 9-16 record or uofL style of ball, where the players did not even go to practice....

Give Coach Pope time, like a couple or 3 seasons to improve the program.

My only expectation right now, is that we win 20 games or more this first season.

At a minimum, we are competitive, and give any team... including top 25 teams fits to win a game.
100% agree. The other teams in the SEC might get some licks on us this year, we will see, but they better get Pope now.
He certainly seems to be getting good players, that will continue and I think we will see multi year players to provide continuity.
I'm excited and can't wait to see these kids on the court!

This team and these players have a little more incentive than to finish 6th in this conference. You can’t measure heart and pride and this coach and team has more than enough to prove that wrong. It could be better and it could be worse but they will leave it all on the court. They are to talented to not be competitive, it’s a fresh start for the transfers and a dream come true for the freshmen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT