ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs USCUS game 2 ....

Aklinski follows it up with a strong double into the leftfield corner. Aklinski going to be taken down and Cam Hill going to run for him. Kind of a weird pinch running situation considering Aklinski runs well.

Cottam goes down swinging for the first out. Heyer takes one oppo, but it finds the glove of the right fielder.

Gei then came in to pinch hit for Squires, but flies out to center to end the inning. 10-0 Kentucky bottom half of the 8th.

Crosby Bringhurst now coming in to pitch for Kentucky. A righty freshman from Utah is a sinkerball pitcher with midweek starter potential. He gives up a single to center to start the Upstate 8th.

By the way, Gei is in at catcher. Good to see him getting some time. A 50 footer bounces in front of him and allows the leadoff guy to advance to second. Crosby struggling here. Bouncing a lot of balls in front of the plate and gives up another walk.

Belanger going to make a change. The pinch runner Austin Keen now coming in for UK.

Well, no shutouts today as Keen gives up a single through the right side that scores a run and puts runners on the corners.

Keen also struggling a bit as he gives up a walk and the bases are now loaded with no one out in the bottom of the 8th.

Well, another walk by Keen plates another run. 10-2 Kentucky in the bottom of the 8th.

Trip Lockhart now coming on for UK after Keen gave up a grounder to third for an out, but gave up a run to make it 10-3.

Lockhart gets a grounder to second, where Lewis is now playing, to end the inning and the threat.

Lewis with a good play at second. Good to see him playing well in the middle. 1 out in the 9th. Lockhart with his first strikeout as a Wildcat. The Lexington native living the dream! Lockhart closes it out with a second strikeout and UK wins 10-3!!! Good weekend of baseball so far!

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
@Jeff Drummond @CliffDweller25

You guys have any idea what happened to Troy Black? He was listed as a redshirt sophomore #48 on the roster posted by Jeff in the roster threat about a month ago. Yet, he isn't on the roster now. He can't redshirt again, so did he get cut? I really thought he'd be a pretty big factor off the bench for this team, and would push Becker and Dawson for time in the middle.

By the way, UK plays again tomorrow against Evansville at 11:00am Eastern time.

You guys have any idea what happened to Troy Black? He was listed as a redshirt sophomore #48 on the roster posted by Jeff in the roster threat about a month ago. Yet, he isn't on the roster now. He can't redshirt again, so did he get cut? I really thought he'd be a pretty big factor off the bench for this team, and would push Becker and Dawson for time in the middle.
Wow, I was looking forward to him playing a lot of baseball this season. Hope he is still on the team.

Wow, I was looking forward to him playing a lot of baseball this season. Hope he is still on the team.

I was too... that is why I am so desperate for an answer. Sadly, I don't know that I fully trusted Becker and thought that Black could possibly take his place at second, or might even fill in at third. So, I thought he'd have a role on this team, or at worst he'd be a guy who took over for Dawson in 2019. Yet, he just seemingly quietly disappeared from the roster.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I have searched high and low trying to find this answer as well. May need to post this as it's own thread and see if an answer comes from that.
Well that's why I'm tagging people. Surely they didn't cut the kid?

5 days ago he posted a picture on his Instagram in the batting cages with a UK uniform on, getting ready for the season opener. The post said “4 days. ”

It’s weird that he’s no longer listed on the official roster and doesn’t appear to be on the team. He hasn’t said anything else on social media so I don’t know what’s going on. You’d think someone would have said something about it somewhere.

Wow if he was cut with less than 5 days before the season that would be awful by the coaches.

I would say he's merely redshirting, but he was already listed as having used his redshirt, so that likely isn't the reason.

I'd assume we would have heard had he been kicked off for violation of team rules. Just strange. Really want an answer.

The active roster is 35 right? I still don't understand how we picture 41 (was 42 right?) on the list. Unless the rules changed, only 27 out of the 35 can have a partial scholarship. We talked about 6 being redshirted. So they don't get even a partial scholarship? I tried to find the latest information but it is very confusing.

Not to dig too deep, but he did like posts on twitter from the Kentucky baseball page yesterday. So whatever is going on, I don’t think he is at odds with the team / coaching staff.

Not to dig too deep, but he did like posts on twitter from the Kentucky baseball page yesterday. So whatever is going on, I don’t think he is at odds with the team / coaching staff.

Still curious about it. I'd think he's just redshirting, but that can't be it. I mean, I'd be upset if I were cut less than a week before opening day. Surely they'd just say if he had quit. Just weird .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT