ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs USCUS game 2 ....

Yea, they did. Of course, Auburn is playing Longwood... which I did not know existed and could not tell you where that is.

Google tells me it is an university in Farmville, Virginia... I thought Farmville was just a terrible Facebook game from like 10 years ago.

Ground out to second to end the inning. Not getting much support on anything for game two.

^^ By this I mean that there isn't a video feed yet, and my live stats aren't working. UK Twitter hasn't posted a lineup. So, I have no idea what is going on. lol

Okay, we now have Facebook video once again. Lewis on the mound stating strong. The first out goes to Dawson, a strong grounder that he takes on the run.

Looks like we have Squires back behind the dish and Cottam at first. Shinn in right and Heyer at third. Everything else, if I am not mistaken, remains unchanged.

Lewis gets a called strike three on the outside corner! Lewis gets another strikeout, this one on a ball in the dirt that Squires digs out and throws to first for the K 1-3.

A good start for Lewis. Let's try to get the offence going. They aren't stringing good at bats together very well.

Cottam swings early and grounds one to short for the first out of the second.

So, I guess this isn't really tournament or round robin considering we are playing two teams on the road and have been the away team every game so far?

Heyer grounded out to short on a pretty sharply hit ball. 2 outs so far. Squires up and he too grounds one to short, but he gets away with it as not only does the SS misplay it a bit, but the throw is a bit low and the 1B can't handle it.

Shinn makes them pay with a double into the left field gap and it scores Squires from first to give UK a 1-0 lead!

Dawson gets out in front of one down the left field line and to the wall for a standup double to score another run and give UK a 2-0 lead! Love to see that from the bottom of the lineup!!!

Pompey hits one up the middle, but the SS gobbles it up and ends the inning.

Going to the bottom of the 2nd with UK leading 2-0.

I like that we made them pay for that error. Good job UK. 2 out hitting is what I love to see.

Lewis got hit kind of hard by the first batter of the second inning, but it hangs up long enough for Pompey to run it down. Second batter is more successfully as he puts one in the right center gap for a double. Shinn tried to run it down, but it seemed like he was playing a bit shallow and the ball carried on him and he couldn't get to it. Might want to settle Lewis down a bit and make sure he starts to get the ball down a bit.

Lewis gets the strikeout for the second out of the inning. Lewis is going to be a hell of a pitcher after he leaves here. When he gets a fourth or fifth pitch he will be nasty. Last year he really only had a fastball and a changeup and this year he has added a slider, or improved it enough to be effective. A strong changeup is essential and Lewis has it.

Lewis gets another strikeout to end the inning.

Gabriel says that this is a round robin event, but I guess we're just unlucky and get the draw of always being the away team. haha.

Becker grounded out to second for the first out of the third inning. Aklinski then popped out in foul territory in front of the UK bench. Collette draws a walk on a full count. He lookd a bit more stable and comfortable in that at bat. Less movement and he seemed prepared for some of the pitches. Cottam grounds one to the left side and the third baseman scooped it and threw it well to first, but Carpenter dropped it and Cottam is safe. Carpenter was the catcher in the last game. Heyer then goes down swinging to end the inning.

Going to the bottom of the 3rd with UK up 2-0.

ADVERTISEMENT