ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs. Ball State Game Thread

We beat the spread playing about as vanilla as can be.

I think it bodes pretty well.
We added some razzle dazzle on the Dline a couple of plays, but overall, I agree and think there's tremendous upside. Lots of experimenting on offense and defense, I think.

Refs took a whole score off the board for us and we played as undisciplined as I've ever seen a UK team, and we still whipped em by 30 (37). We have upside for miles.

Reactions: bbncal02
We beat the spread playing about as vanilla as can be.

I think it bodes pretty well.
Yeah, maybe. Hard to say right now.

Leary is a question, but it's early. Horsey is in doubt.
Just hard to say where we are. I'm not upset by any means, but I'm just not excited yet either.

Saw some good stuff. But saw some iffy stuff too. Just didn't learn a lot today.

I think Leary will be fine. But just not sure yet.

He's not at tackle. But I was impressed with Ray. Like to watch him with better competition, but I didn't notice anything glaring from the left side once Horsey went down.
Yeah I meant guard but we were playing a mid major. So yeah.
Already lost one guard for the yr before Horsey.
The Curse of the Bear lives on. This time attacking UKs guard position.
I cant even enjoy this big win because of losing Horsey, a damn AA in the 1st game of the yr!

I dunno. A 35+ victory would be nice. I don't want to embarrass Conrad's new crew.
I want to see some blood from Stoops. Gotta come out and spank some people at time and look good doing it. That's always been a complaint about Stoops, he's too conservative at times. And you have to be a little bit edgier in the SEC.

Again, saw a lot of good today. Just not sure where we are or what our ceiling is.

I want to see some blood from Stoops. Gotta come out and spank some people at time and look good doing it. That's always been a complaint about Stoops, he's too conservative at times. And you have to be a little bit edgier in the SEC.

Again, saw a lot of good today. Just not sure where we are or what our ceiling is.
We've absolutely obliterated Murray State and Louisville within the last few years, but agreed. I think Stoops genuinely just doesn't like running up the score on lesser opponents. That's the kinda bull that Spurrier did and everyone hated him. Aside from South Carolina Sunglasses Man, Stoops seems to be pretty widely respected and liked by other coaches. No reason to create bad blood.

Our ceiling is very, very high, IMO. Coen will get the offense shored up.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
We've absolutely obliterated Murray State and Louisville within the last few years, but agreed. I think Stoops genuinely just doesn't like running up the score on lesser opponents. That's the kinda bull that Spurrier did and everyone hated him. Aside from South Carolina Sunglasses Man, Stoops seems to be pretty widely respected and liked by other coaches. No reason to create bad blood.

Our ceiling is very, very high, IMO. Coen will get the offense shored up.
I'm not saying embarrass people per se. But have a game well in hand by half (we kinda did today) and then be able to put your backups in and still look good. Just not quite there yet it seems.

Reactions: JPFisher
Yeah, maybe. Hard to say right now.

Leary is a question, but it's early. Horsey is in doubt.
Just hard to say where we are. I'm not upset by any means, but I'm just not excited yet either.

Saw some good stuff. But saw some iffy stuff too. Just didn't learn a lot today.

I think Leary will be fine. But just not sure yet.
That's the way I see it. SEC defenses are a step up in terms of size and physicality. Not sure he can replicate those ACC stats. Hope I'm wrong.

Covering receivers a concern. The middle is way too open. And we need Jackson and Thrower to play like Wallace, energy wise. Would not mind seeing what Bowles looks like at center. A little concerned with pressure from the right side on the QB. Rest of the line looked pretty solid on pass plays. Surprised that Gilbert played and got a tackle with how deep we are on the DL. Surprised at the amount of tackles that Hairston had. Really liked seeing all three receivers make multiple catches. If Jefferson is limited and Wright is out we are going to need Karnaby to be a good runner. Wilcox may end up being needed later on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT