ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs # 1 AUBURN

Denim Vest

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 9, 2011
Hello again Cat Nation! Hope all is well friends. Another big time showdown in this historic rivalry. Perhaps the two best teams in the nation doing battle to the delight of the college hoops universe.

Looks like Cal got the squad playing some great ball lately. Shame we only meet once this season but suspect we may see each other again in the SECT and maybe the final 4.

WDE and GC!

I’m scared. Auburn is so good and Bruce is the best coach in America hands down.

On a serious note though, I randomly caught some of the pregame show for the UT game and it was the first time I ever heard Cal publicly admit he has a problem with Bruce.

While we are on the subject, how in the hell did Auburn's football team lose to an AAC school in a minor league bowl game in Alabama? That was an embarrassment to the entire conference.

My theory: Auburn is like Louisville. All those years of being Little Brother in a state eventually erodes your character and you quit.

Last edited:
Must be nice having a joke of conference schedule. SEC hates when Kentucky wins every year so gotta stick it to us scheduling wise and give the other favorites the cupcake version. Parity baby that’s the name of their game.
It’s pretty nice. We can basically clinch the conference with a win Saturday so that’s pretty sweet. Of course every team in the SEC is a joke compared to AU and UK.

Hello again Cat Nation! Hope all is well friends. Another big time showdown in this historic rivalry. Perhaps the two best teams in the nation doing battle to the delight of the college hoops universe.

Looks like Cal got the squad playing some great ball lately. Shame we only meet once this season but suspect we may see each other again in the SECT and maybe the final 4.

WDE and GC!
You stroke us and want to be us nearly as bad as your cheating coach does.

DV - much like a raging syphilis outbreak - you just love to show up at the worst time possible. Always inconvenient, always annoying, always painful, always the prefect representative of the AU fanbase.

Well - then again - you likely know all about this issue.

Looking forward to you going dormant again.

EDIT - since when is AU #1?

Last edited:
That’s debatable. Only real success was when you bought Cam Newton. Otherwise your Tennessee.
Went to the championship game in 13. Won titles in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Bama been pretty tough to beat lately though lol. Fortunately BRUCE has brought us to the very top of college hoops though and it’s been quite a thrill.

Reactions: DM8 and Barnballer
Said he didn’t have a problem with Rick (Barnes) and then paused for a second and said, maybe BEFORE, but not now. Clearly was talking about when pearl was there as everyone chuckled.
Us Aubs love Rick Barnes too lol. Talk about an underachiever who poses no threat whatsoever to AU and UK at the top of the conference.

Reactions: DM8
Went to the championship game in 13. Won titles in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Bama been pretty tough to beat lately though lol. Fortunately BRUCE has brought us to the very top of college hoops though and it’s been quite a thrill.
You have won the SEC regular season title 2 times in the last 62 years. In 2018 you had to share that with TN. Pearl has ONE SEC regular season championship and ONE SECT championship at Auburn and you say you’re at the very top of college hoops?
This is a perfect example of how morons act when they’ve never been there and never done that fellow Cat fans.

WDE and GC!
Greetings DV. Of all the so called trolls that frequent our board, I give you a pass based on your subtle and respectful banter. Now as Michael Buffer says “Let’s get ready to rumble”!!!!!!!

Us Aubs love Rick Barnes too lol. Talk about an underachiever who poses no threat whatsoever to AU and UK at the top of the conference.
Yet, Barnes has exactly as many SEC regular season championships that Pearl does since he’s been at Auburn. Coincidentally they both shared it in 2018 LMAO
I guess neither coach was good enough to win it outright!

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Wouldn’t you have to win something that actually counts to be at the very top of college basketball? Teams like Auburn think they have MADE it big time when their regular season ranking is good for once.. lol

Reactions: TurfTiger
Yet, Barnes has exactly as many SEC regular season championships that Pearl does since he’s been at Auburn. Coincidentally they both shared it in 2018 LMAO
I guess neither coach was good enough to win it outright!
Unfortunately for them they lost the tiebreaker to us. Not to mention we followed it up with a SECT title and final 4 run the following year. Meanwhile Barnes can’t even dream of making it past the first weekend of the tourney lol.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hey Boogs!

That avatar! [laughing]

BDB has been doing work down there, no?

gif.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately for them they lost the tiebreaker to us. Not to mention we followed it up with a SECT title and final 4 run the following year. Meanwhile Barnes can’t even dream of making it past the first weekend of the tourney lol.
He’s been to the Final Four just as many times (TIME) as Pearl.

ONCE!

Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn ONCE in a while.

I’m scared. Auburn is so good and Bruce is the best coach in America hands down.

On a serious note though, I randomly caught some of the pregame show for the UT game and it was the first time I ever heard Cal publicly admit he has a problem with Bruce.
He did? What did Cal say?

Never mind...saw the answer

Last edited:
Hey @Denim Vest , would Bruce ever bring a recruit in for 1/2 a season, let said recruit benefit from all things auburn basketball, get nil $, only to never play a game for the navy and orange and bolt for the nba as soon as the season is over? Cal sure would apparently.

Hey @Denim Vest , would Bruce ever bring a recruit in for 1/2 a season, let said recruit benefit from all things auburn basketball, get nil $, only to never play a game for the navy and orange and bolt for the nba as soon as the season is over? Cal sure would apparently.
I can answer this one !

I'm thinking ... YES ! And there might even be a barbeque in there somewhere for him !

:)

If the player is Shaedon Sharpe, yes. There’s not a school that wouldn’t bring him in on the chance he plays

WDE and GC!
Please go back to your board.

We are not ready to have this discussion

We over here fighting about our own players and our ____________________ coach.
And you over here wanting to talk about a basketball game.

When we get our own stuff worked out over here, we might be willing to talk to the real enemy.

But until we do, just get the heck out.......for now. 😃

Name one coach that would have said no to Sharpe... There are none.

He is the first person to do this, whether stay or go. No coach who keeps a job says no to him

Reactions: CowboyGumBoots
Ha great question. Well first of all we don’t ever get these type of players and if we were about to the G League would swoop in and steal them at the last min ($1 to Scoot Henderson). Although I guess Jabari is kind of a stud 😎

But I think if we did the expectation would be they play as soon as they get here barring an injury. Definitely a bizarre sitch with your guy. Only guy we’ve ever had come midseason was Austin Wiley and he played immediately.

Reactions: drainthatub

WDE and GC!
I don’t think you ever answered why Auburn hired such a cheating scumbag for a coach. Auburn isn’t number 1. They just cheated to get where they are. Everyone knows that. Your ethically bankrupt coach has cheated at two schools now. Back stabbing is something he excels at.

I’m embarrassed we have to play Auburn. NC, Auburn and Kansas, the grand tour of the sewer of NCAA basketball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT