War Eagle, fearful and false,
Take it up the butt like a boss,
Go, go, go, on to defeat
Strike up the band.
Give ‘em hell, give ‘em hell,
Stand up and yell, hey
War Eagle, lose for Auburn
Pansies of Dixie Land!

It seems this type of game Cal needs to use the Belushi line when they got kicked out of college and was planning what to do next. Bet someone on here could repeat that line but in essence they may need to go to crazy measures to keep Pearl and the refs at bay. If Cal was going to go off for a game, like out of his mind on the sidelines from the opening tip this would be the game it is needed the most. He needs to get those refs from the get go so they aren't allowed to play physical while we have OT go to the bench in the first five minutes. He probably needs to be on that border line getting thrown out early, because even if he does, we have been very successful in the past of winning games that Cal is thrown out of.

I just don't want Pearl or the refs to decide this game. If they can beat us straight up without those two things, so be it. Can live with it better. Outside of that so much with this team comes down to if we are hitting a lot of threes, who is going to beat us? And if our big is in the whole game, makes it much harder for them.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t think you ever answered why Auburn hired such a cheating scumbag for a coach. Auburn isn’t number 1. They just cheated to get where they are. Everyone knows that. Your ethically bankrupt coach has cheated at two schools now. Back stabbing is something he excels at.

I’m embarrassed we have to play Auburn. NC, Auburn and Kansas, the grand tour of the sewer of NCAA basketball
Pot calling the kettle black IYAM.

That avatar! @Denim Vest
I would call you my favorite “non-UK poster” but I’ve always thought of you as part of the “blue blood” family. Maybe that twice removed brother in law who argues about sports at every holiday gathering, but still family.

Brucie would pay him under the table line the scumbag he is. Did you know he cheated at his last 2 schools? Had a coach on trial. Stabs other coaches in the back?
I remember when Brucie was an assistant at Iowa, he turned in Illinois and got them put on probation. Then he got the coaching position at University of Southern Indiana, and won the division 2 national title.

If we win, it won’t be because the refs helped us. These are the fouls in conference play:
AU 18, UGA 12
AU 15, OM 10
AU 24, Bam 18
AU 21, FL 18
AU 15, USC 20
AU 20, LSU 21

You would hope you get at least some home cooking with the refs but AU has to be the only team that doesn’t get it. The only home game in conference where our opponent has had more fouls is against LSU — and they got one more than we did.

I sincerely hope that the refs call a clean game and let the players decide the outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: MbergCat
If we win, it won’t be because the refs helped us. These are the fouls in conference play:
AU 18, UGA 12
AU 15, OM 10
AU 24, Bam 18
AU 21, FL 18
AU 15, USC 20
AU 20, LSU 21

You would hope you get at least some home cooking with the refs but AU has to be the only team that doesn’t get it. The only home game in conference where our opponent has had more fouls is against LSU — and they got one more than we did.

I sincerely hope that the refs call a clean game and let the players decide the outcome.
Because you’re not a blue blood program.
Auburn basketball just don’t get refs blood pumping.
Fortunately you have the privilege of playing the greatest program in college basketball history today.
You are also fortunate to play the greatest college football program on a yearly basis as well. Alabama.
You may beat both on occasions but are just another nobody in comparison to each.

Lol seeing their top ranked AU squad might have something to do with it. Early tip. College kids having fun. SEC title on the line. Pretty big game.

It's Kentucky. You know it is. You idiots don't camp for any other game. It's Kentucky.

Always has been always will be.

• Haha
Reactions: Denim Vest
If Tyty did not go down Ky would have had a better chance of winning but saying that Auburn is a very good team and I know Pearl is a cheater but he is a very good coach.

Kentucky has done a good job of being the only significant basketball program in the SEC for decades.
While it is better for UK that our conference has other teams visible nationally, it just shows the world how stupid some of these fans are.

Reactions: UKEE
If Tyty did not go down Ky would have had a better chance of winning but saying that Auburn is a very good team and I know Pearl is a cheater but he is a very good coach.
Well I wouldn’t dwell on that too much considering CHUMA missed that Elite Eight game if you recall that. Still I’ve already stated on this forum it’s ashamed TyTy went down. Hate it for the kid & y’all too

Give Auburn credit. They made some big 3s and they weren’t wide open.
Sure didn’t seem like that too me. We only got off 16 three point shots. UK had the most intensive defense we have played yet. Neither team ever let the other get started, and that ain’t happened to us this year. Look forward to another rematch or two.

Great game Cats. Your guys came out and hit us in the mouth in the first half. Incredible to play as well as they did in such a hostile environment. Hated to see TyTy go down. He's a great player and hope he is back ASAP. You guys have a great team that everyone is going to want to be as far away as possible from when the bracket comes out in March.

Great game Cats. Your guys came out and hit us in the mouth in the first half. Incredible to play as well as they did in such a hostile environment. Hated to see TyTy go down. He's a great player and hope he is back ASAP. You guys have a great team that everyone is going to want to be as far away as possible from when the bracket comes out in March.
Well look who showed up. Welcome fellow hoops fan.

Reactions: DM8
Let me set the scene :

March 4 1982 Lexington SEC tournament. Auburn had just squeaked by Miss St 38 36 in the previous game, and was about to face Kentucky. Sir Charles and the guys were staying on a different floor at the hotel there where we were, and somehow Charles knew my dad, but that wasn't surprising, everyone seemed to know my dad.

Anyway, about 7 or 8 later that night, after they won, Charles comes knocking on our hotel room door, wanting to talk to my dad. Had a little gift for him and the Auburn guys in a brown paper bag.....

I wonder if it was what would become my favorite : a big bottle of Woodford Reserve? I dunno, all I knew I was standing there looking up at Charles Barkley and then he sat down and we talked for awhile, like he had known dad forever... and he left with that bottle in a bag in his hand.

We won the next day. Alls well that ends well! HAHAH ! lol!

Always thought that was a trip, Charles Barkley looking towards my dad to hook him and the team up with some party favors just for good times, all in good taste. LOL

If you knew my dad, it wouldn't surprise, but everyone sure loved him, and so did Charles. Love ya, Sir Charles ! Keep them all on their toes !

• Wow
Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Let me set the scene :

March 4 1982 Lexington SEC tournament. Auburn had just squeaked by Miss St 38 36 in the previous game, and was about to face Kentucky. Sir Charles and the guys were staying on a different floor at the hotel there where we were, and somehow Charles knew my dad, but that wasn't surprising, everyone seemed to know my dad.

Anyway, about 7 or 8 later that night, after they won, Charles comes knocking on our hotel room door, wanting to talk to my dad. Had a little gift for him and the Auburn guys in a brown paper bag.....

I wonder if it was what would become my favorite : a big bottle of Woodford Reserve? I dunno, all I knew I was standing there looking up at Charles Barkley and then he sat down and we talked for awhile, like he had known dad forever... and he left with that bottle in a bag in his hand.

We won the next day. Alls well that ends well! HAHAH ! lol!

Always thought that was a trip, Charles Barkley looking towards my dad to hook him and the team up with some party favors just for good times, all in good taste. LOL

If you knew my dad, it wouldn't surprise, but everyone sure loved him, and so did Charles. Love ya, Sir Charles ! Keep them all on their toes !
Interesting story. Are you suggesting The Round Mound of Rebound was hung over for the Auburn/UK SECT game?

Reactions: runt#69
Interesting story. Are you suggesting The Round Mound of Rebound was hung over for the Auburn/UK SECT game?
Nahh, I wouldn't have thought they had enough with one bottle to get THAT bad off. lol Not on a single bottle. But at least they had something to console themselves with after the game ! lol daddy introduced me to Charles and they laughed and talked about all things basketball ... we sat there talking for a long time. Like 30- 45 minutes. It made a huge impression on me, I have always loved Charles ! I was only 13 then but we travelled and followed the team at a lot of home as well as away games in the 70's - 80's - 90's.

Best season was closely following that 1984 team. We went everywhere to see them play. I don't think we missed a single game all year anywhere they played, except the Final Four game against Georgetown.... GAH!!

I also saw Charles after the Auburn loss in Memorial Gym in that game in the SECT in what, 84? We're from Nashville, so we had tix to that SECT too. I met Chuck Person too, sometime around that time - can't remember if it was in the team hotel or not.

I've been so lucky to have met so many players over the years. Would love to get a chance to meet this team, but I have to take a step back and say I've been awfully hard on Coach Cal and maybe a little too vocal against him. And I should once again call myself out for it, because he deserves much better from me , as a simple fan.

I just love this team. They've done everything to rejuvenate my old blue arse for the program.

You blatantly use multiple aliases here, are flippant about it yet you get to keep posting and UK fans get banned daily for arguments. smh
Funny that I haven’t been here since February 5th in a an Alabama thread. Thanks to you & @CHAMPCAT11 for welcoming me back, at least like you said under this username of course 😂. And you’ve actually tagged me three or four times since I’ve been here so I see you like to talk Championships like myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT