ADVERTISEMENT

Cats versus Gators, it starts today....

Faedo's ERA took a pretty big wallop. 7 earned runs in 5 1/3 with one more runner that is his on 1st. Goes from 2.33 to 2.89. Doesn't pay to pitch against Kentucky. We've hurt several aces so far this year.

Is Hjelle tiring (should be) or are we really unlucky? I'd say a bit of both.

Thompson coming in... let's get this out and keep things rolling for the Big Blue!!!

Did you see that fly out for MSU with the bases loaded and 2 outs? Too bad.

So Hjelle actually improved his ERA since 2 of the runs were unearned. He goes from 3.28 to 3.17 ERA. The 6 hits in 5,1 is above his average and the 6 walks is away above his average. 5 strikeouts is about his average. No extra base hits. That is a good outing on the road. Sure didn't look like it in the bottom of the first.

Florida gets very dangerous late in close games. So let's make this thing a landslide win!!

Hope I'm not late to the party. Been watching on my phone finally home with cold one in hand. 2 runs scored and it's 9-3 Big Blue!

Huge 2 run single.

It can't be said enough how impressive Mingione has been in his first year. This team has completely taken on his personality. Loose, energetic and opportunistic.

Ha! A bloop single scores two. So the pitching change didn't pay off. Dyson gives up the hit that gives Horvath two earned runs. He's had only 10 in 23 appearances all year.

Wahoo! 2 run single by Heady. I'd say Florida has good pitchers. Kentucky's hitters are definitely wearing them out. This is turning into an attitude check for Florida. Can we crush their spirit tonight. They've got to be wondering because everyone they've brought in has done worse than average by far. This game looks like one where we put some distance between the 2nd and 3rd best pitching staffs in the SEC.

Another single by White, we send Heady but he gets thrown out at the plate easily. 11-3 cats going to bottom of 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT