ADVERTISEMENT

CATS -n- Dawgs Saturday ( game 1 )

Apr 9, 2016
UK will look to win the series in the 1st game. Looks like Hakke will be on the bump against UGA, and after just absolutely blowing game 1 on Friday night, the Dawgs will be hungry for a payback win.
Just hope Hakke is on, and keeps the walks to a minimum. The bats need to come alive before the 9th inning today to keep us from over dosing on tums anti acids ! ...... Go CATS !!

Oddly enough we will stick with Haake in game one. Seems like a strange decision when Lewis has pitched so well lately. I am fine with him staying on Sundays but since it's a double header we might as well pitch him in game one.

I am watching ESPN+ and am watching the game with no announcer. I click the link on UKAthletics and the audio says is will start in 20 hours. Anyone find a place to listen online?

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Cats up already in top of the 1st, Squires walks, Heyer doubles him in. Heyer advances to 3rd on a WP, but is tagged out at home trying to score on a ground ball to SS.

Just went to WLAP and found it which is out of sync with the ESPN+ video.

Pompey K looking.
Squires walk.
Heyer doubled in Squires (barely missed a HR), then advances to third on a wild pitch.
Becker grounded to SS, and SS throws to the plate where they easily get Heyer.
With a full count, Cottam watches a breaking ball right down broadway for strike 3.

UGA answers with a run in the bottom of the first. With two on base, Squires saves at least one with a sharply hit liner to his right. 1-1 going to the top of the second.

Headrick is faulting Pompey for not catching the 3rd hit of the Georgia bottom of the first. I was wandering around looking at stats so didn't see.

Nothing doing for UK in top of 2nd. Really hope Haake settles down here, would be nice not to get behind right away in this one.

Georgia gets the lead-off on with Bradley singling through the right side.

Batting practice for them now. I guess Ming is gonna employ the south carolina strategy and let them build a ten run lead again

UK only gets two innings out of their starter in game 1 today, and UK is looking at another 4-1 deficit. Disappointing 'Cats couldn't come out looking better today and putting pressure on UGA after last night's finish.

Why don’t we just Forfeit game two during a series? Haask is NOT the answer to our pitching problems for our Saturday starter.

Haake has the stuff. I don't know what the heck his problem is when it comes to 2 strikes. All 5 or 6 of the hits that he gave up were on 0-2 counts. So, he's basically grooving pitches when he doesn't need to. Makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Bases loaded with still no outs in the bottom of the third. Things may get ugly in this one like the S. Carolina game last week.

That's why Lewis should have pitched this game. We are going to go through all of our bullpen just to get through this game.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Three batters and three singles since schaenzer comes in. Totally pathetic effort on the mound today. 5-1

Brad Schaenzer is not a weekend pitcher. Never has been. That is harsh, but it is just reality. He's going to help them keep this inning alive and make it an even bigger inning for them because he's simply not a weekend pitcher. I believe that is three straight hits he gives up after coming in.

That's why Lewis should have pitched this game. We are going to go through all of our bullpen just to get through this game.

Yea, I really think they out-thought themselves on this one. Lewis struggled pitching game 2 against Arkansas (I believe), but he's improved a lot and we have to have him here. Now UGA will have all the momentum going into the third game on the same day. No real time to re-coup. And of course Schaenzer is getting blasted for base hit after base hit. That, I believe, is his 4th straight hit given up. 6-1 now. Belanger now coming out... Schaenzer never should have came in unless we had a big time lead.

Totally dumb move by georgia trying to bunt there. Gift pop out for us when we could get no one out.

Georgia about to bat around without giving up a single out. That is basically the crap that happens to little league teams. A silly bunt gets UK their first out.

OK so the Georgia coaches out think themselves and have Maxwell bunt and he pops up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT