ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Spartans Game 1 2024

This lineup absolutely blows my mind.

Surprised as hell to see a freshman starting at all, muchless on day 1. Lopez leading off is also wild.

Does anyone know whether local radio here in Lexington, is carrying the game?

WLAP doesn't have it. Don't see a link on the UK website for radio. I broke down and got a monthly subscription to ESPN+

3 up 3 down for UK. Put the ball into play each time, but it went quick.

Guess I shouldn’t complain, glad to be able to watch. But, this audio is annoying on ESPN plus.

Lots of blue in the stands. Great to see! Upstate no damage. On to top of 2nd. 0-0

Cats get one across so far with a walk by Pitre and then a double into right by Church. RF misplayed it out there helping make Pitre stand up at the plate.

Reactions: backinky2018
Mistake pitch is grooved middle/middle with 2 strikes to McCarthy and he makes them pay with a double off the wall to make it 2-0 UK.

2 out hitting for days. Cameron got an RBI infield single with a swinging bunt to third and then he stole second. Lopez then lined one into right for a double. 4-0 UK.

Reactions: Tskware
UK went quietly in the top of the 3rd. Three pop outs to the outfield. One of them, by Pitre, went to the warning track but fell short of anything dangerous.

We've had a lot of quiet innings but they keep threatening. Seems like we're a dam trying to hold back something big.

Surely Smith is done. 70 plus pitches in the season opener. Good time to re-set.

Mingione puts a bunt on with Richardson up 6 in the 6th. Takes it off when he gets ahead 3-1 and he almost hits it out and gets a double. Just wild.

9-5 heading into the 8th. Like to put up a few more to rest easy.

Vandy with a helluva 3-run comeback to walk it off against FAU at their place a few moments ago.

2-run bomb by Upstate. 11-7 bottom 9. Some of these pitches we are making are absolutely mind blowing.

Reactions: Bluewest
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT