ADVERTISEMENT

Cats in Summer League

Figured we could make a list of where the Cats are playing summer ball, and use this as a way to check up on them. Here is what I've found:

Andrew Miller - Cape Cod League -Chatham Anglers

Coltyn Kessler - Texas League - Texarkana Twins

Garrett Hastings- Texas League - Texarkana Twins

Brett Marshall - Texas League - Texarkana Twins - NOT PLAYING

Crosby Bringhurst - Texas League - Texarkana Twins

Cam Hill - Texas League- Texarkana Twins

Troy Black - Northwoods League - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders

Breydon Daniel - Alaskan League - Anchorage Glacier Pilots

Brayden Combs - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Danbury Westerners

Spencer Harbert - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Danbury Westerners

Dalton Reed - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Newport Gulls

Ryan Shinn - Cal Ripken League - Gaithersburg Giants

Aaron McGeorge - Cal Ripken League - Baltimore Redbirds

Trip Lockhart - Perfect Game - Amsterdam Mohawks

Mason Hazelwood - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers

Tanner Johnson - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers

Ben Jordan - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam

Grant Macciochi - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam

Marshall Gei - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam

Thomas Bennett - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam

Jimmy Ramsey - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers

Zack Thompson - USA Baseball

Ryan Johnson - Texas League - Brazos Valley Bombers

Elliot Curtis - Alaskan League - Anchorage Glacier Pilots

Zeke Lewis - Sunbelt League - Brookhaven Bucks

Chris Machamer - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps

Carson Coleman - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps

Alex Rodriguez - Coastal Plains - Savannah Bananas

Jake Thompson - Northwoods - Lakeshore Chinooks

Jaren Shelby - Northwoods - Wisconsin Woodchucks (not on roster, but reported by UK Athletics)

That's what I got so far. Feel free to add if you see someone I missed, there are probably plenty.

Hastings has left the Texarkana Twins. He is listed as inactive. Attending a Juco in Fl this fall.

Bringhurst is still there, but he has said he will not be returning to UK.

Cam Hill and Coltyn Kessler were named to the TCL All-Star roster. Hill won't be attending the game due to the surgically repaired hand was HBP. He is currently in Lexington getting it checked out. After the All-Star break, he will be returning to the Texarkana Twins.

I have added a good chunk of stats. Will add more as soon as I can.

Okay... I think I have all stats. I'm going to get to go through and see who made all star games and give some player updates if I have them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Bringhurst is still there, but he has said he will not be returning to UK.
Where did you find that? I looked at his twitter feed and he still has "University of Kentucky baseball. #40" in the header and no mention of transferring in any of his tweets. He has retweeted somebody else's announcement of transferring to U. of Arkansas Ft. Smith. Is that what you saw?

Where did you find that? I looked at his twitter feed and he still has "University of Kentucky baseball. #40" in the header and no mention of transferring in any of his tweets. He has retweeted somebody else's announcement of transferring to U. of Arkansas Ft. Smith. Is that what you saw?
I was wondering about that also. There are a lot of questions about pitching next year and adding one more question to it doesn't help.

So, I looked at the roster and added some guys who should return but are not on summer teams. Two are injured. However, I'm not sure about Daniel Harper. Anyone have any news on him?

Also, I may have forgotten but what happened with Austin Marozas? He was on the roster and set to redshirt 2018. He dropped off the roster at some point with no fan fare.

Is he still going to be with UK? Any idea why they took him off the roster?

He told the team last season that he was not coming back to UK....so dont know for sure. He isnt listed on the current players "groupme" messaging.

Last edited:
He told the team last season that he was not coming back to UK....so dont know for sure. He isnt listed on the current players "groupme" messaging.

Thanks. Really stinks that the top 3 pitchers in that class are either gone or still recovering.

Yep. Lost him and Machamer this week. Rough.
We are running short of pitchers, something strange about this, we take Miller as a transfer from Maryland and get ZERO out of him. Some others sit out for one reason or another, and we may never see them on the mound at UK.
This just seems very, very odd. Not happening with position players, only pitchers !

We are running short of pitchers, something strange about this, we take Miller as a transfer from Maryland and get ZERO out of him. Some others sit out for one reason or another, and we may never see them on the mound at UK.
This just seems very, very odd. Not happening with position players, only pitchers !

If I'm not mistaken, I think every pitcher that sat out this past season had tommy john surgery?

If I'm not mistaken, I think every pitcher that sat out this past season had tommy john surgery?

I think that's true, except Miller. That's really what was pretty tough for us. A whole lot of talented arms weren't available.

It's possible we will be the worst team in the SEC next season. SO MANY unproven players will have to make an impact.

J Shelby still doing well in the NW league for Wisconsin. Batting .315. with 12 of his 23 hits going for extra bases, 7 doubles, 5 HR, and 17 Rbi's. also 6-8 in Stolen bases.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT