ADVERTISEMENT

Cats in Summer League

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
Figured we could make a list of where the Cats are playing summer ball, and use this as a way to check up on them. Here is what I've found:

Andrew Miller - Cape Cod League -Chatham Anglers
2 Games. 3.00 ERA in 3 innings pitched. 1 earned run on two hits with 2 strikeouts.

Coltyn Kessler - Texas League - Texarkana Twins
.111 average in 2 games and 9 at bats. 1 hit and 5 strikeouts.

Garrett Hastings- Texas League - Texarkana Twins
.139 batting average in 36 at bats through 9 games. 5 hits with 3 rbis and 6 runs scored. 8 walks and a hbp with 14 strikeouts. 4 stolen bases.

Brett Marshall - Texas League - Texarkana Twins - NOT PLAYING

Crosby Bringhurst - Texas League - Texarkana Twins
1 start and 1 game 9.00 ERA with 4 innings pitched. 5 hits with 4 runs, all earned. 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.

Cam Hill - Texas League- Texarkana Twins
.357 average in 37 at bars through 9 games. A double and a triple in 13 hits with 7 runs scored and 3 rbis. 2 walks and 2 hbps with 11 strikeouts. 11 (at least) stolen bases and caught just once. **ALL STAR**

Troy Black - Northwoods League - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
.247 batting average 85 at bats through 23 games. 21 hits with 11 runs scored. 1 double with 11 rbis. 16 walks and 18 strikeouts. *Note: He is not on the official UK graphic, but Kentucky is listed as his college on the Spiders roster*

Breydon Daniel - Alaskan League - Anchorage Glacier Pilots
.284 67 at bats in 19 games. 10 runs on 19 hits with 10 rbis. 5 doubles, 2 triples and a home run. 5 walks and 17 strikeouts with 5 stolen bases.

Brayden Combs - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Danbury Westerners
.241 average in 54 at bats through 15 games. 13 hits with 5 doubles and 2 homers. 12 rbis and 7 runs scored. 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.

Spencer Harbert - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Danbury Westerners
.244 batting average with 45 at bats through 13 games. 11 hits, 4 of them doubles. 5 rbis and 5 runs scored with 4 walks and 18 strikeouts.

Dalton Reed - New England Collegiate Baseball League - Newport Gulls
.292 average in 72 at bats through 19 games. 18 runs on 21 hits, 3 doubles and 4 home runs. 13 rbis with 7 walks and 25 strikeouts. **ALL STAR**

Ryan Shinn - Cal Ripken League - Gaithersburg Giants
.188 batting average in 48 at bats through 14 games. 8 runs on 9 hits with a pair of homers and a double. 3 rbis, 5 walks and 14 strikeouts.

Aaron McGeorge - Cal Ripken League - Baltimore Redbirds
1.80 ERA in 2 appearances and 5 innings pitched. 1 run, 1 earned, given up on 3 hits with 8 strikeouts and 1 walk.

Trip Lockhart - Perfect Game - Amsterdam Mohawks
1.38 ERA in 3 games, all starts. 13 innings pitched with 2 earned runs given up off of 10 hits. 13 strikeouts and 9 walks.

Mason Hazelwood - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers
1.42 ERA in 4 appearances with 2 starts. 19 innings pitched. 5 runs, 3 earned, off of 10 hits. 27 strikeouts with just 5 walks. **ALL STAR**

Tanner Johnson - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers
.290 batting average. 62 at bats through 19 games. 18 hits with two doubles and a triple. 13 runs scored with 4 rbis and 11 walks to 17 strikeouts. **ALL STAR**

Ben Jordan - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam
**NO LONGER ON ROSTER & NO STATS**

Grant Macciocchi - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam
6 games 14 at bats .357 batting average. 5 hits and 4 walks. 4 runs scored. 1 RBI 3 strikeouts and 2 stolen bases.

4 games and 4 starts. 10.02 ERA in 11.2 innings pitched. 14 runs, 13 earned, on 22 hits 3 walks and 10 strikeouts.

Marshall Gei - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam
.296 batting average in 27 at bats through 10 games. A pair of doubles on 8 hits and 7 runs scored. 2 rbis and 6 walks to 3 strikeouts. **ALL STAR**

Thomas Bennett - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam
.296 batting average in 27 at bats through 11 games. A pair of doubles and a home run in 8 hits with 10 runs scored. 7 rbis and 9 walks and 4 hit by pitches with 11 strikeouts.

Jimmy Ramsey - Perfect Game - Elmira Pioneers
5.48 ERA in 4 games, all starts. 27 hits through 21.1 innings. 14 runs, 13 earned. 27 strikeouts with 7 walks.

Zack Thompson - USA Baseball
USA Baseball - 1 start, 3.0 innings pitched 0.00 era. No hits. 4 strikeouts and 2 walks. No hits.

8.2 innings pitched with 1 start. 0.00 ERA. 3 hits, 5 walks and 6 strikeouts.

CCBL - 1 start and 2 appearances. 5.2 innings pitched. 3.17 ERA. 5 runs, 2 earned, on 5 hits. 3 walks and 5 Ks.

Ryan Johnson - Texas League - Brazos Valley Bombers
.105 batting average 19 at bats through 5 games. 2 hits, one a triple, with a run and an rbi. 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.

13.50 ERA in 2 games with 1.1 innings pitched. 2 runs, all earned, on 2 hits. 1 walk and one strikeout. 1-0.

Elliot Curtis - Alaskan League - Anchorage Glacier Pilots
.175 average in 40 at bats through 15 games. 7 hits, 5 runs and 2 rbis. 5 walks and 9 strikeouts.

Zeke Lewis - Sunbelt League - Brookhaven Bucks
.174 with 34 at bats through 10 games. 6 runs on 6 hits with a double. 1 rbi 5 strikeouts and 4 walks.

Chris Machamer - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps
2 starts and 2 appearances. 1.12 ERA 3 runs, 1 earned, on 7 hits in 8 innings of work. 5 strikeouts to 3 walks. He's 0-1.

Carson Coleman - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps
3 games 0.00 ERA in 4 innings pitched. Just 1 hit given up with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.

Alex Rodriguez - Coastal Plains - Savannah Bananas
.234 18 games. 11 runs 4 rbis. 7 stolen bases.

Jake Thompson - Northwoods - Lakeshore Chinooks
.231 batting average 19 games with 65 at bats. 15 hits with a home run, 2 triples and a double with 10 runs scored and 9 rbis. 10 walks 3 gbps with 12 strikeouts.

Jaren Shelby - Northwoods - Wisconsin Woodchucks
.214 batting average with 28 at bats through 7 games. 6 hits with a pair of doubles and a home run. 4 runs scored with an rbi and a pair of walks. 11 strikeouts.

Tanner Holden - Mid Plains - Junction City Brigade
*Can't locate stats*

Brad Dobzanski - Cannot find a team for him. Possibly still recovering.

T.J. Collett - Cannot find a team for him. Highly likely that he's recovering.

Daniel Harper - No information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
JULY UPDATE:

Andrew Miller - Drafted

.267 average in 5 games. 4 hits, one home run, with 3 walks and 6 strikeouts in 15 at bats. Scored 2 runs and knocked in 2 and stole 1 bag. .950 fielding percentage at catcher, 1 error.

.139 batting average in 36 at bats through 9 games. 5 hits with 3 rbis and 6 runs scored. 8 walks and a hbp with 14 strikeouts. 4 stolen bases. **Stats did not change**

Crosby Bringhurst - Will transfer

.363 average in 28 games. 37 hits, 6 doubles, 2 triples, and 3 home runs, 24 runs scores, 21 RBIs, on 102 plate appearances 13 hits with 7 runs scored and 3 rbis. 13 walks and 7 hbps with 26 strikeouts. 25 (at least) stolen bases and caught just three times. .982 fielding percentage with 3 assists and 1 error in CF. **ALL STAR**

Troy Black - Will transfer

.248 in 40 games. 17 runs on 33 hits with 16 rbis. 11 doubles, 2 triples and a home run. 22 walks and 35 strikeouts with 5 stolen bases. 7 stolen bases, caught once. .961 fielding percentage in left field with 3 errors and 0 assists.

.208 average in 77 at bats through 23 games. 16 hits with 5 doubles and 3 homers. 14 rbis and 10 runs scored. 5 walks and 6 strikeouts. .967% with 5 errors at first base.

.253 average through 25 games. Scored 12 runs on 21 hits, 6 doubles and 3 home runs, knocked in 13. Walked 15 times and struck out 32 in 83 at bats. Stole one bag. .893% with 3 errors at third base.

.313 average through 37 games. 45 hits, 6 doubles and 11 home runs, with 30 RBIs, and 28 runs scored, walked 9 times and struck out 44 in 144 at bats. Stole one bag. .991 fielding percentage at first, 1 error. **ALL STAR**

.182 batting average in 77 at bats through 24 games. 14 runs on 14 hits with a pair of homers and doubles. 3 rbis, 10 walks and 19 strikeouts. .889% in center with 2 errors, 1.000% in both left and right.

0.90 ERA in 7 appearances with 2 starts and 20 innings pitched. 3 runs, 2 earned, given up on 9 hits with 24 strikeouts and 3 walks. 3-0 with 2 saves.

**Also hit in 3 games going 2 for 5 (.400) with 3 runs scored and 2 RBIs. He walked once and was hit by a pitch. Also recorded a sack hit and sack bunt.**

3.50 ERA in 8 games, 7 starts. 36 innings pitched with 16 runs given up, 14 earned, off of 33 hits. 33 strikeouts and 17 walks. 2-2

**Also went 1-1 in one game at the plate.**

1.80 ERA in 8 appearances with 8 starts. 50 innings pitched. 13 runs, 10 earned, off of 35 hits. 84 strikeouts with just 19 walks. 5-1 record. **ALL STAR**

.257 batting average. 152 at bats through 42 games. 39 hits with 6 doubles and a triple. 35 runs scored with 19 rbis and 23 walks to 35 strikeouts. .991% with 2 errors at catcher. Stole 17 bases only caught once. **ALL STAR**

**NO LONGER ON ROSTER & NO STATS**

Grant Macciocchi - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam
.294 batting average through 7 games. 5 hits and 4 walks. 4 runs scored. 1 RBI 5 strikeouts and 2 stolen bases in 17 at bats. **Played some short stop and committed 0 errors**

8 games and 7 starts. 5.34ERA in 32 innings pitched. 20 runs, 19 earned, on 36 hits 9 walks and 33 strikeouts. 3-2 record.

.292 batting average in 89 at bats through 26 games. 5 doubles and 3 home runs on 26 hits and 10 rbis. 17 runs and 17 walks to 8 strikeouts. 1.000% with 0 errors at catcher. **ALL STAR**

.231 batting average in 65 at bats through 23 games. Four doubles and a home run in 15 hits with 17 runs scored. 7 rbis and 13 walks, and 9 hit by pitches with 26 strikeouts. .882% with 11 errors at short stop.

5.24 ERA in 8 games, 6 starts with 1 complete game. 22 runs given up, 20 earned, off of 43 hits. 41 strikeouts to 11 walks in 34.1 innings of work. 1-2 record.

USA Baseball - 8.2 innings pitched with 1 start. 0.00 ERA. 3 hits, 5 walks and 6 strikeouts.

CCBL - 1 start and 2 appearances. 5.2 innings pitched. 3.17 ERA. 5 runs, 2 earned, on 5 hits. 3 walks and 5 Ks. **Unchanged from June**

.212 batting average through 33 games. 7 hits, one a triple, with 3 runs and an 4rbis. 4 walks and 10 strikeouts. 1-1 on swipes. .979% with 1 error and 1 assist.

2.89 ERA in 9.1 innings pitched. 6 appearances with 2 starts. 4 runs, 3 earned, on 5 hits. 5 walks and 9 strikeouts. 2-0.

**Note** Johnson is listed as pitcher and is likely moving there full time.

.273 average through 31 games. 24 hits, 4 doubles, 11 runs and 11 rbis. 7 walks and 18 strikeouts in 88 at bats. 8 stolen bases, caught 3 times. .400 fielding percentage at third base with 3 errors. .929 fielding percentage at 2nd with 3 errors. 1.000% in right and center.

.219 average in 96 at bats through 29 games. 21 hits, 1 double, scored 14 runs and knocked in 4. Walked 10 times, hit 3 times, and struck out 18. Stole 16 bases and caught just twice. At short he had a .949 fielding percentage with 3 errors and at second he had a .976 fielding percentage with 1 error.

Chris Machamer - Drafted

Carson Coleman - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps
1.00 ERA through 8 appearances and 9 innings pitched. Gave up just 2 runs, 1 earned, off of 5 hits while striking out 9 and walking 6. 0-0 record and 1 save.

Alex Rodriguez - Coastal Plains - Savannah Bananas
.196 through 32 games. 19 hits, 4 doubles and a home run, in 97 at bats with 15 runs and 6 rbis. 24 walks against 32 strikeouts. 11 stolen bases. .850 fielding percentage with 9 errors at third.

Jake Thompson - Northwoods - Lakeshore Chinooks
.231 batting average 19 games with 65 at bats. 15 hits with a home run, 2 triples and a double with 10 runs scored and 9 rbis. 10 walks 3 gbps with 12 strikeouts.

**Stats did not change** - He didn't play after something like June 20. Not sure if his contract ended or what the reason is.

Jaren Shelby - Northwoods - Wisconsin Woodchucks
.290 average in 100 at bats through 28 games. 24 runs scored on 29 hits, 8 of them doubles and 5 of them home runs. 17rbis with 17 walks and 22 strikeouts. 9 stolen bases. .923 fielding percentage with 4 errors and 2 assists in the outfield.

Tanner Holden - Mid Plains - Junction City Brigade
They do not have any stats for individuals other than league leaders. It appears that he may have 4 home runs and be one of the top 5-10 in the league in that category.

Brad Dobzanski - Cannot find a team for him. Possibly still recovering.

T.J. Collett - Cannot find a team for him. Highly likely that he's recovering.

Daniel Harper - No information.

Last edited:
Not familiar with Breyden Daniel, and Dalton Reed ??

What I did with this was just basically look for Kentucky as the school listed. Had I looked at names I wouldn't have found those two. Lol

It's also good to note that I didn't see Thompson or Coleman. Granted, it's not easy to look and I didn't go through every team and even so, I might have missed some.

Dalton Reed led all of JuCo with a ridiculous 26 home runs this season. I'm surprised he wasn't drafted. I'd say him and Collett will alternate between 1B and DH.

Braydon Daniel also put good offensive numbers with 12 home runs and almost had more walks than strikeouts. Strong candidate to replace Luke Becker.

Jimmy Ramsey and Mason Hazelwood having a time early on in the PG league. Mason went 7 scoreless and struck out 8. He gave up just 2 hits and 1 walk. Ramsey went 4.2 and gave up 1 earned in a 2-1 win. He struck out 5 and gave up 5 hits and 1 walk.

Very solid first outings.

Cam Hill also had a heck of a first game for the Texarkana Twins... he stole 3 bases and scored a run on a wild pitch. He actually reached and stole second and third before taking home on the wp. The stat page for the Twins says he went 4 for 5 with an RBI. Not sure if the batting stats are right, but either way he had a great game.

That's his first game since early February and after a hand injury.

What I did with this was just basically look for Kentucky as the school listed. Had I looked at names I wouldn't have found those two. Lol

It's also good to note that I didn't see Thompson or Coleman. Granted, it's not easy to look and I didn't go through every team and even so, I might have missed some.
Thompson is pitching with USA Baseball this Summer.

Cam Hill also had a heck of a first game for the Texarkana Twins... he stole 3 bases and scored a run on a wild pitch. He actually reached and stole second and third before taking home on the wp. The stat page for the Twins says he went 4 for 5 with an RBI. Not sure if the batting stats are right, but either way he had a great game.

That's his first game since early February and after a hand injury.
I look for him in the lead off spot next season, getting hits, drawing walks, and HBP. Then stealing a base or two.

Jimmy Ramsey and Mason Hazelwood having a time early on in the PG league. Mason went 7 scoreless and struck out 8. He gave up just 2 hits and 1 walk. Ramsey went 4.2 and gave up 1 earned in a 2-1 win. He struck out 5 and gave up 5 hits and 1 walk.

Very solid first outings.
Look for Ramsey and Thompson to be two of the three weekend pitchers next year

Figured we could make a list of where the Cats are playing summer ball, and use this as a way to check up on them. Here is what I've found:

Grant Macciochi - Great Lakes - Cincinnati Steam

That's what I got so far. Feel free to add if you see someone I missed, there are probably plenty.

Reactions: Comebakatz3

Thanks. I'll add it.

Interestingly, he is playing first base for Brazos Valley, or did last night. I wonder if he will do any pitching moving forward. He threw some gas. Just needs developed and would have to pick up additional pitches.

Last edited:
Reactions: chill133
Troy Black struggling in the Northwoods League. Hitting just .189 in 43 at bats. He's struck out 11 times and has committed 8 errors at third base. He doesn't have a single extra base hit. I do give him credit for 6 RBIs.

By the way. I will try to update all stats at the top at the end of the month.

That's what I got so far. Feel free to add if you see someone I missed, there are probably plenty.
Interesting....I saw Machamer’s name on the Brewster WhiteCaps roster. They are in the Cape Cod League. They had only played one game and he didn’t pitch any so I don’t know if he’s actually there. Something to keep an eye on though.

Troy Black struggling in the Northwoods League. Hitting just .189 in 43 at bats. He's struck out 11 times and has committed 8 errors at third base. He doesn't have a single extra base hit. I do give him credit for 6 RBIs.

That is disappointing, although he by not playing this season, has some rust to shake off. Hopefully he will pick it up as the season goes on.

Interesting....I saw Machamer’s name on the Brewster WhiteCaps roster. They are in the Cape Cod League. They had only played one game and he didn’t pitch any so I don’t know if he’s actually there. Something to keep an eye on though.

I think that's a very good sign for us that he has been added to the bottom of that roster.

Elliott Curtis is playing with the Anchorage Glacier Pilots with Daniel. Curtis playing 3B and Daniel playing LF, where he played at Seminole State this season.

Zeke Lewis is playing for the Brookhaven Bucks in the Sunbelt Baseball League in Atlanta.

Chris Machamer - Cape Cod - Brewster Whitecaps

Carson Coleman also pitching for Brewster in the CCBL.

Ty CB3... You're the man!

UK athletics added their list of players in summer league. It is interesting to note that Troy Black is not listed on that. However, I did list a couple more that I missed.

Not sure what's up with shelby. The graphic UK athletics used isn't really readable on my phone, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

ADVERTISEMENT