ADVERTISEMENT

Cats can jump to #3 in the country!!

Mar 13, 2018
Just need Gonzaga to lose to St. Mary's tonight. Virginia already lost. Hope the Gaels are on their game and can somehow snag the upset.

The Zags ain't losing in the bunny league. This isn't the St Marys of old. They suck! Like the Zags entire league. Dudes have 1 good win. Half their win come from Quad 4. Joke! After they lost 2 straight to KU and TN they should have dropped more than a few spots. Now they will never come down playing in that league. Hell a team like Vandy could compete for 2nd in that league.

Just need Gonzaga to lose to St. Mary's tonight. Virginia already lost. Hope the Gaels are on their game and can somehow snag the upset.

Yeah if I win the powerball tonight I won’t have to work in the morning

Gonzaga is so much better than the rest of their high school conference it’s gonna take a minor miracle for them to drop a game

Virginia will be 4th and Duke will jump to 1st. We will remain 5th. UT will be 2nd.

Gonzaga is not going to lose to Saint Mary's. This SMC team is no where near some of the better ones in the past. And it is in Spokane.

And UVA may fall to 4, but not lower since both of their losses have been to Duke.

Trying to watch the Zags game, but I can't. It's like watching us play Monmoth every game. Their conference is a joke and since they only went 1-2 in their big nonconference games there's no way they should be in the top 4. Just no way! It's time for them to move to a real conference if they're going to get the benefit of the doubt every year now.

Reactions: jameslee32
I could see the AP voters punishing Virginia for getting swept against Duke, but am not gonna get my hopes up. I think when the overall points are added up it will be close.

UK's 5 best wins:
1. UNC neutral
2. Kansas home
3. UL road
4. Miss St. road
5. Auburn road

UVa's 5 best wins:
1. Maryland road
2. Wisconsin neutral
3. Va. Tech home
4. Fla. St. home
5. N.C. State road

UK has MUCH better wins, but the fact that UVa has one less loss coupled with the ACC bias will keep them ahead of us. But they have 3 of their next 4 on the road, at UNC, at Va. Tech and at UL. Based on what I've seen from Virginia, they will lose 2 of 3, and may lose all 3 of those games. We keep winning and it will take care of itself.

UK's 5 best wins:
1. UNC neutral
2. Kansas home
3. UL road
4. Miss St. road
5. Auburn road

UVa's 5 best wins:
1. Maryland road
2. Wisconsin neutral
3. Va. Tech home
4. Fla. St. home
5. N.C. State road

UK has MUCH better wins, but the fact that UVa has one less loss coupled with the ACC bias will keep them ahead of us. But they have 3 of their next 4 on the road, at UNC, at Va. Tech and at UL. Based on what I've seen from Virginia, they will lose 2 of 3, and may lose all 3 of those games. We keep winning and it will take care of itself.
The more I think about it I’m not so sure. Kentucky is taking no prisoners and hasn’t lost in 5 weeks.

Man this crying and bitching about every one else is bad and every conference but the sec sucks is getting old. UK will be above UVA on Monday. There is no bias against UK or for the ACC. When the numbers are crunched teams are ranked appropriately. I say the same thing to people who bitch about UK being ranked higher than they should during a season because of who they are. The only rightful gripe people can have is when UK and Duke are ranked high in the preseason becaus eof freshmen who haven’t played one college game or proven anything yet against legit comp

I will preach my same theme as I have posted before. A home loss should be weighted more than a road loss. Virginia should certainly drop having lost at home. Sure, Duke is a great team especially when hitting 3's, but they did travel, this wasn't like playing in the same town like they do with UNC, Wake, etc. But, all of this doesn't matter too much if we lose at home to Tenn. or anyone else.

Reactions: Crowell7
UK's 5 best wins:
1. UNC neutral
2. Kansas home
3. UL road
4. Miss St. road
5. Auburn road

UVa's 5 best wins:
1. Maryland road
2. Wisconsin neutral
3. Va. Tech home
4. Fla. St. home
5. N.C. State road

Virginia's adjusted Offensive rank is 5, their adjusted defensive efficiency rank is 3. That is why they are rated higher than UK (18 offense and 8 defense).

In fact, after tonight's loss, UVA moved up to #1 on KenPom.

UK slipped down to #7.

Sometimes this makes no sense.

Reactions: chroix
Virginia's adjusted Offensive rank is 5, their adjusted defensive efficiency rank is 3. That is why they are rated higher than UK (18 offense and 8 defense).

UK slipped down to #7.

Kentucky was 8th this morning I believe.

UK slipped down to #7.

UVA dropped from 1 to 2 in Kenpom.

I bet we pass Virginia. I bet Michigan passes Virginia. Seeing two teams worthy of passing them will make it easier. Split some votes.

There are two ways to raise in the rankings. Beat good teams. Don't lose. Virginia was getting by on option 2. And now they have two loses, they drop into a sea of other teams that have two or three loses, but with better wins. Plus, they were off midweek, so all they did was lose. We beat a good Mississippi State team on the road, and thumped South Carolina by 28.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I bet we pass Virginia. I bet Michigan passes Virginia. Seeing two teams worthy of passing them will make it easier. Split some votes.

There are two ways to raise in the rankings. Beat good teams. Don't lose. Virginia was getting by on option 2. And now they have two loses, they drop into a sea of other teams that have two or three loses, but with better wins. Plus, they were off midweek, so all they did was lose. We beat a good Mississippi State team on the road, and thumped South Carolina by 28.
Zero chance we pass UVA.

Man this crying and bitching about every one else is bad and every conference but the sec sucks is getting old. UK will be above UVA on Monday. There is no bias against UK or for the ACC. When the numbers are crunched teams are ranked appropriately. I say the same thing to people who bitch about UK being ranked higher than they should during a season because of who they are. The only rightful gripe people can have is when UK and Duke are ranked high in the preseason becaus eof freshmen who haven’t played one college game or proven anything yet against legit comp

First of all if anything is getting old to you feel free to exit the board and go wherever your own team is. Do you usually walk into houses that don’t belong to you and bitch about the conversations they have? Quit flattering yourself.

Second of all maybe in your fantasy world there’s no bias, but the reality is the east/ Northeast is heavily favored with voters, analyst, and the NCAA in general. ACC alumni have their hands in the pot disproportionately. Bias is a human condition. If you weren’t so quick to dismiss anything that isn’t “everything’s fair” then you might realize common f’n sense. Nothing in life is down the middle and even.

And I was wondering. Do you have the same irritability at the fact that the SEC is routinely bashed as a bad basketball conference while it makes more final fours and wins more titles than the vast majority of conferences? No, it doesn’t bother you at all.

Your schtick has been old.

UVA is still gonna be ahead of us.

And they probably should be
No way they should be ahead of us. We're better than them now and we've been playing better. We would already be ahead if you ranked teams based on where you think they actually are instead of playing but the rule that they must lose first before dropping. Now that they lost there is no reason for them to be ranked ahead of UK.

The interesting thing is, UK has been playing their toughest games, still a couple more to go. There are two teams ahead of us (UT and UVA) that have been hiding. They haven't played their toughest string of games yet.

UVA has played Duke twice, didn't go so well for them. They still get UNC*** twice, @Louisville, @Syracuse and @Virginia tech.

UT still has UK twice, @LSU, @Auburn and @Ole Miss. They also get Mississippi State at home.

I like where UK is right now. It's been a pretty brutal SEC schedule up to this point and we only have 1 loss.

Why do you think we should jump Virginia?

Even with yesterday's loss, Virginia's still clearly had a more impressive season than us. Only one team has beaten them, Duke, the same team that throttled us by 34 points. UVa at least played them close, we did not.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT