ADVERTISEMENT

Can Kentucky afford to fire Cal?

ZyaY38L.jpeg

The ones who do the bakes are the dummies who still go to the games at Rupp and elsewhere. They'd put lead in the cakes if they thought Cal was being fired.

Joe Craft definitely has the money, but I don’t think he’s willing to give it to a person he doesn’t like. A real dilemma, pay the man you by all accounts don’t like, or sit back and watch him continue to tear down UK basketball

Everyone keeps saying Mitch has to go (and I’m not saying he is an innocent man) but there’s no way that contract didn’t go above his head. Much higher ups approved that contract than Mitch.

Boosters always are the ones coming up with huge buyouts, not schools. Mitch could tonight walk up to Cal and tell him he can resign and take 15 million over 7 years or get fired and get tied up in the courts over 10 years before he sees any of the money he's owed
I’ll take it. Sold!!

Reactions: RunninRichie
I am pretty sure he gets paid over so many years. So it isn't like they have to pay it all at once. A lot of these firings tend to get negotiated down as well. So just get it done and start repairing the damage Cal has done to this program. I'd take an interim coach to fill in for a few years if need be.

Earlier in his career, this person would make ridiculous comments about draft day being "the greatest day in UK history". We all accepted it and thought it was recruiting BS, ignored it and carried on because the wins were coming. Truth is we got in bed with a snake. Now we've got a snake in the house that thanks to barney has grown into a sea serpent. It's a sad state of affairs.

Look how much money each program gets from the SEC for football. They could definitely afford it. Makes me wonder if they will try to find a loop hole in his contract to get out of it. Like what Tennessee did to Pruitt in football

Reactions: Cantblockme
I am pretty sure he gets paid over so many years. So it isn't like they have to pay it all at once. A lot of these firings tend to get negotiated down as well. So just get it done and start repairing the damage Cal has done to this program. I'd take an interim coach to fill in for a few years if need be.
You’re right I think Louisville is still paying Mack for his buyout

Cal’s philanthropic endeavors attract a lot of big donors. That masks the wins and losses to some.

Mitch Barnhart is the best A.D. that UK has ever had ... but he should be fired for giving Cal this contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Matt Jones just said it and I hadn’t thought of it before but a good sign Cal maybe gone is Mitch Barnhart refused comment tonight… usually it’s Barhhart after a loss standing up for the coach saying “I stand with the coach” for him to refuse comment is a great sign for ending things

Reactions: Fox2monk
Matt Jones just said it and I hadn’t thought of it before but a good sign Cal maybe gone is Mitch Barnhart refused comment tonight… usually it’s Barhhart after a loss standing up for the coach saying “I stand with the coach” for him to refuse comment is a great sign for ending things
Could be that he's just a coward.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT