ADVERTISEMENT

Can Fans Enter the Portal Too?

UKMKG

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2012
I want to transfer...so tired of the same old thing year after year...nobody is ever coming back because of the culture Cal has created.

And even if they do come back it's the same sh8t coaching on the sideline that is never going to produce wins again.

I mean any team in the Sweet 16 can buy me with NIL to transfer to your teams fandom. . My cashapp is $Ltagz79. List your team in the memo.
I will cheer for your team hard! I will make a post about your team on the greatest sports forum on the Internet: Rupps Rafters!
I will wear your colors!
Guaranteed fandom here! Dont wait buy me NOW🤾

I mean any team in the Sweet 16 can buy me with NIL to transfer to your teams fandom. . My cashapp is $Ltagz79. List your team in the memo.
I will cheer for your team hard! I will make a post about your team on the greatest sports forum on the Internet: Rupps Rafters!
I will wear your colors!
Man, that makes even the whores at UofL look clean lol

I will wear your colors!
Lol, Instant classic. Got a good laugh. Thanks.

Reactions: UKMKG
My paperwork was just accepted (the process went faster than I thought). I have officially entered the NCAA fan transfer portal, and I'll officially be rooting exclusively for NKU next year (Go Norse!) during the NCAA college basketball season.

I'll swing out here from time to time to see what folks are chirpin' about.

I want to transfer...so tired of the same old thing year after year...nobody is ever coming back because of the culture Cal has created.

And even if they do come back it's the same sh8t coaching on the sideline that is never going to produce wins again.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Uhhh... what about the "players" of UK who want out when times get tough?

That's very different. Players make a decision based on what's in their best interest. I don't expect a player or a coach to have deep loyalty to the program, any more than I'd expect anyone to have a deep loyalty to stick with their current employer.

But with fans it's just different. You don't claim to be a fan since birth, follow the team for 30 or 40 or 50 years, then suddenly bail when the team underperforms. We call them fair weather fans.

That's very different. Players make a decision based on what's in their best interest. I don't expect a player or a coach to have deep loyalty to the program, any more than I'd expect anyone to have a deep loyalty to stick with their current employer.

But with fans it's just different. You don't claim to be a fan since birth, follow the team for 30 or 40 or 50 years, then suddenly bail when the team underperforms. We call them fair weather fans.
I can understand fans frustrations with this mess. I'm a fan of the program, when a coach or player does good it should serve to not only benefit them but also the program. The same is said when a coach or even a player underperforms or puts self interest above the program...it hurts the program overall.
The UK Men's basketball program is something I love and will always support. For me, coaches and players come and go but the program will always be here and I take exception to the current state of affairs going on with OUR program.

Nope... players can move around for the money. Coaches can move around for the money. I can choose to root for a program that actually gives AF and put my money there. Call me whatever you want. If UK finds some honor in the next few years, I'll re-enter the transfer portal and transfer back.

Remember the days when UK players used to slam dunk a basketball, grab the front of their jerseys, and stick them out with KENTUCKY across the front... Yeah, I haven't seen that in a LONG time. I understand them going pro and all... certain things. But I honestly don't think they care at all about the fans. Not one single bit. Maybe Reed, maybe Oscar, but the others... nah.

If you've been only a UK fan all your life and you're old like me, you can't just switch teams. When you know things are going downhill you either suffer through or stop watching for a while. I've always suffered through before(except for Joker's last year of football) but this time I'm leaning towards just checking out.

Nope... players can move around for the money. Coaches can move around for the money. I can choose to root for a program that actually gives AF and put my money there. Call me whatever you want. If UK finds some honor in the next few years, I'll re-enter the transfer portal and transfer back.

Remember the days when UK players used to slam dunk a basketball, grab the front of their jerseys, and stick them out with KENTUCKY across the front... Yeah, I haven't seen that in a LONG time. I understand them going pro and all... certain things. But I honestly don't think they care at all about the fans. Not one single bit. Maybe Reed, maybe Oscar, but the others... nah.

All well and good. You do what you have to do. Let us know when you find a team where the players and coaches are every bit as passionate about the program as the fans are. I’m sure more will join you once you find that team.

Agree. People like that are the same type of fan that WAS a Patriots fan, now are a fan of the Chiefs. They are probably Denver Nugget and Houston Astro fans also after changing from their previous teams when a new team won the championship. If these fans do jump in the college portal, but your ass they will suddenly be UCONN fans. We call them frontrunners. Every team they cheer for won the championship in their respected sports, or made the championship. LOL. Probably even Ryan Blaney fans now that Jimmy Johnson retired and Chase Elliot is struggling. I bet it can get expensive buying all new team gear / merchandise every couple of years.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm going to be like the majority of NCAA athletes and go pro in something else besides being a fan. Just going to have a void where UK basketball fanhood once was until a change is made.

Reactions: meow_cat
All well and good. You do what you have to do. Let us know when you find a team where the players and coaches are every bit as passionate about the program as the fans are. I’m sure more will join you once you find that team.
I hate to say it but UConn resembles every bit of what we used to be.

But I’ll never leave UK fandom unless something insanely awful were to happen (like Penn State awful)

Reactions: RunninRichie
Goodbye GIF

Calling anybody that's been a fan 30-50 years a fair weather fan is just plain stupid. Can't you see how stupid that really is?

Length has nothing to do with fandom. Especially when you aren’t a fan anymore when the times aren’t good.

Length has nothing to do with fandom. Especially when you aren’t a fan anymore when the times aren’t good.
Words have meanings and the phrase "fair weather fan" has a meaning. Look it up; it means something different than you seem to think. Unless you think UK has had non-stop fair weather the last 50 years.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Words have meanings and the phrase "fair weather fan" has a meaning. Look it up; it means something different than you seem to think. Unless you think UK has had non-stop fair weather the last 50 years.

Good. Use whatever meaning of the phrase that you want. It still means that you’re only a fan in the good times to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT