ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Mills

So, if a player contributes significantly to a title run, that puts them above reproach?
Hmmm, what about s coach that won the title with the exaulted player?

I lost respect for him when he put out some cryptic tweets about UK being involved in the FBI investigation when that story broke.

And also lecturing fans about how they should love Pitino...No thanks

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I grew up with Mills. Played pick up ball, high school ball, and rode to practice with him for 2 years. Cameron is what he is. People have different personalities and we all have flaws. Not defending him but at the end of the day he is a guy that lives in Fayette County who help win a NC.

He is on the radio now. Has to poke the bear from time to time. Were the four teams we played great? No, but they beat who they had to play. Cal hasn't even had time coaching these guys yet. They aren't going to get worse. If this team can stay healthy , continue to grow, and everyone learns their role this team is Final 4 material all day. I just think everyone is saying now Great UK is so Mills decided to go against the grain.

I've found that most super over the top religious people are total psychos, and do it for attention.

The type of person that gets on Twitter and tells an 18 year old he hopes he breaks his leg, then has a bible verse in his Twitter profile. Or minivan guy with a cross hanging from the mirror and 2 stickers on the back winshield repping his church, yet that guy is the first to cut you off and flip you off if you honk at him.

Basically....just because you go to church, it doesn't make you a good person or give you a free pass to be a peepeehead. Feel sorry for the folks who are there legitimately trying to be a better person.

Also, church drivers are the worst. THE WORST. I'll take construction over Church traffic letting out 100% of the time.

PRAISE HIM

I've found that most super over the top religious people are total psychos, and do it for attention.

The type of person that gets on Twitter and tells an 18 year old he hopes he breaks his leg, then has a bible verse in his Twitter profile. Or minivan guy with a cross hanging from the mirror and 2 stickers on the back winshield repping his church, yet that guy is the first to cut you off and flip you off if you honk at him.

Basically....just because you go to church, it doesn't make you a good person or give you a free pass to be a peepeehead. Feel sorry for the folks who are there legitimately trying to be a better person.

Also, church drivers are the worst. THE WORST. I'll take construction over Church traffic letting out 100% of the time.

PRAISE HIM

I even consider myself “ Christian”and this is very accurate lol

Reactions: kev69
This was about 3 months ago.

I believe you; I was just speaking from my experience, which was quite a few years ago. He wasn't as self-aggrandizing as what I'm reading in this thread, or what I have read in other threads. He even played guitar and sang some worship songs. He looks much different now.

Respect the take, but disagree. I also don't care about the 1st game of year as we've seen several championship teams lose early and win later on. Your end game is April in Mpls, not November in Indianapolis. Ideally you win all the games, but would you rather this team be like '96 where they lost early to UMass and finished them off in Final Four or be like '17 UK by getting the late shot/stop combo in Vegas win over UNC but losing on Maye's shot in Elite 8?

Now regarding the trip, I always love how the goal line tends to move with some analysts. Fran Fraschilla spent 2 months telling every/anyone how UK would be in for a fight with Mega Bemax. Have a friend who is from Serbia and knows several people tied with their organization and he was telling me what a test it would be. Minute the outcome went down, the goal line moved. "College Rules", "SEC Refs", "they were tired from night before...".....which is always funny. All I know is that you can only judge what you see and I liked what I saw from a young UK team in terms of what they did well with limited practice/preparation. Not like you can scout these teams, you are just playing ball.

There are several contenders who can win a National Championship each season. SEC is loaded with talent and teams like LSU and Mississippi State are going to be very improved to go with UK, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, etc...and in ACC you have Duke, UNC, UVA, Syracuse (team slept on most this offseason as they have everyone return and are type of team Boeheim succeeds with) etc...and it goes on and one. What UK fans were curious about was seeing how these guys would play and let's put it this way--there were some games last year against Mid Major level teams or teams they should've smacked around they didn't. This trip they did. Shared ball, showed offensive skill and talent, and a lot to be confident about going into '19 season. How will it end? Who knows?? But that's why we watch and love sports right? LOL

PRAISE HIM

Maybe so, but it might be a tad unfair to paint us with such a broad brush. I would not say that I am over the top, but I am fairly active; I play drums at two churches (one church is your mainstream-attendance-of-1,000, and the other is a smaller church which plays gospel music (fun)). Going to church does not make you a Christian, but believing that Jesus died for you does; this means that your lifestyle and the way you treat people should reflect this. I'm not perfect, and shame on them who are not living a lifestyle pleasing to Him (you should be able to tell the difference).

But yes, getting out of church is awful. Try competing with the Southland crowd [sick]; I don't go there, but I attend a church that is fairly close to them.

Not going to bash a UK legend or make fun of his weight but will say A. he was wrong about the competition on thursday and Saturday as both of those teams were good teams. The Canadian team was decent and the team on wednesday wasn't very good he was correct. and B. We are way more talented then Duke and to say otherwise is being a fool. They have 1 guard , 1 center 2 sf and 1 center who thinks he is SF . That is all. NO depth . No experience and 1 freaking guard worth anything . If UK is on we win by 20 . If they are not we win by 3-4.

Not going to bash a UK legend or make fun of his weight but will say A. he was wrong about the competition on thursday and Saturday as both of those teams were good teams. The Canadian team was decent and the team on wednesday wasn't very good he was correct. and B. We are way more talented then Duke and to say otherwise is being a fool. They have 1 guard , 1 center 2 sf and 1 center who thinks he is SF . That is all. NO depth . No experience and 1 freaking guard worth anything . If UK is on we win by 20 . If they are not we win by 3-4.
Stop with the 20 point win if we're on against Duke.
That's just silly. I'm not saying we're not better, but we're not 20 points better. It will be a nail biter more than likely. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

PRAISE HIM
This is spot on. Some of the biggest aholes on earth are church goers that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

I'm not a church goer. I find it extremely boring and mostly nonsense. However, I consider myself very spiritual. I pray everyday. I help those in need. I treat people with respect that deserve it. I'm law abiding, responsible, and good to my word.

All that being said, I'm not the Pope. I make mistakes. Being a poster on here is one of them.

At the end of the 2017 season Mills told me that two credible sources told him that week that Bam would be returning to UK for his sophomore year. I posted it here, it drew a lot of views and replies and it turned out that Mills was just flat out lying to me. Never apologized to me or the fans who read it, by the way.

Why does anyone lie? I think the main explanation is that they start with a deep sense of inferiority and the attention they get from the reaction to the lie makes them feel good for a few moments.

But maybe Mills is a bit more calculating. If he keeps making low probability predictions eventually one of them will be right.

Or both, maybe he's a selfish calculating guy with a deep sense of inferiority?
Did you ever consider that perhaps those "credible sources"
  • believed what they told him thus he believed it?
  • or they "lied"to Camron?
  • or was the plan at the time and he changed his mind?
Because someone told you something that turned out to be wrong does not automatically default to lying. Lying requires that one know the truth and/or intentionally mislead.

The church is full of people. People are sinners. You will find Christians with all types of vices. The big difference is, Christians put their faith in Jesus Christ and are covered by grace. These people are not saved by their actions or their deeds, they are saved by their faith alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT