ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Mills

I don't know, but duke is going to be good. No questioning that. I don't agree with Mills but I am not upset that he said it.

UK looked really good, but they were exhibitions. Real games against better teams will tell the tale. I am excited, UK fans should be, but it's a long season and a lot can happen.
You don't agree with what? That we "could" lose? Because that is what he said.

Cameron preached for me several years ago. I talked to him at length about Rick and Tubby. He spoke very highly of both but Tubby seemed to be the one he spoke more fondly of. The pulpit opportunities that Cameron has had are probably 95% because of his affiliation with UK B.B. what an awesome opportunity he has had, and amazing open door to share the goodness of God and the love of Christ. As an ambassador of Christ and the UK B.B. program it’s always wise to leave those who honor you with as much grace as possible. I don’t expect blatant homerism but respect for those who now who don the blue and white I think is expected. Above all people Cam knows that his Cats were the underdogs against Duke that night and it was Thrwarted mainly because of his contributions. I don’t know his motives or his thought processes but fans are feeling pretty good tonight. To say anything deragatory about these young Cats wouldn’t be wise.

What exactly is an “ambassador of Christ?”

Honest question

He did say that the teams weren't that good but he also revised those remarks to say that they didn't have a lot to play for. They were exhibitions for them that were pretty meaningless. He did not say we WOULD lose to Duke, he said we could do so...and he is correct.

He said I know UK fans are going to be mad at me but I think we're going to lose to Duke.

I'm not the guy who misquotes people to make them look bad. It's a dbag move to do so, but I know what I heard as it's the reason I made this post.

rqarnold appears to just be a fanboy simpleton.

There is no false premise, take that nonsense elsewhere. He predicted we'd lose to Duke. I listened to the thing with my own ears.

Dude probably thinks 9/11 was an inside job too.

Good lord what a crybaby boob.

You don't agree with what? That we "could" lose? Because that is what he said.

Correct. It's all made up. Let's all pack our things and go home. You first!

Seriously though...why would I make that up? How would that benefit me in ANY way?

I'll wait.....

LCHS%20Opening%20Day%20Mills.jpg
Cameron Meals
You definitely don’t want to invite him to the last supper.

One thing I think we can all agree on is we will have a real good idea what this team is capable of after November 6.

I think he’s right about the teams we played not being very good. But what about how we played against them makes him think we’re going to lose to duke? We did exactly what we were supposed to do and walloped every team for the most part. Seems like he was going to say we were going to lose to duke regardless of how we played this week.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I think he’s right about the teams we played not being very good. But what about how we played against them makes him think we’re going to lose to duke? We did exactly what we were supposed to do and walloped every team for the most part. Seems like he was going to say we were going to lose to duke regardless of how we played this week.

It felt like he was making an 'Im smarter than you and this is how its going to be' prediction. Didn't explain himself at all on either the teams sucking comment or losing to Duke.

Can’t speak for previous things the man has said, but this seems like a silly thing for people to get upset about.

At the end of the 2017 season Mills told me that two credible sources told him that week that Bam would be returning to UK for his sophomore year. I posted it here, it drew a lot of views and replies and it turned out that Mills was just flat out lying to me. Never apologized to me or the fans who read it, by the way.

Why does anyone lie? I think the main explanation is that they start with a deep sense of inferiority and the attention they get from the reaction to the lie makes them feel good for a few moments.

But maybe Mills is a bit more calculating. If he keeps making low probability predictions eventually one of them will be right.

Or both, maybe he's a selfish calculating guy with a deep sense of inferiority?

At the end of the 2017 season Mills told me that two credible sources told him that week that Bam would be returning to UK for his sophomore year. I posted it here, it drew a lot of views and replies and it turned out that Mills was just flat out lying to me. Never apologized to me or the fans who read it, by the way.

Why does anyone lie? I think the main explanation is that they start with a deep sense of inferiority and the attention they get from the reaction to the lie makes them feel good for a few moments.

But maybe Mills is a bit more calculating. If he keeps making low probability predictions eventually one of them will be right.

Or both, maybe he's a selfish calculating guy with a deep sense of inferiority?
Or just wants more attention... just like my eight year good or bad

He came to our church years ago, and wasn't that way, and he seemed like a decent guy. I met Jarrod Polson when he spoke at a Men's retreat a few years ago, and he seemed pretty humble, and understood that he had a platform. He was very honest about his time at UK, and his talent level. I find that as former athletes age, they seem to talk more about themselves than when they were younger. Have you ever talked to Derrick Miller?
This was about 3 months ago.

Says the teams we played are not good and we're going to lose to Duke. Never seen someone so full of them self, that's never actually full. Why be that guy Cameron?
I think Cameron is correct. These teams were not that good. Losing to Duke in November could be a blessing. That game means nothing. It is what happens in March that counts.

I think Cameron is correct. These teams were not that good. Losing to Duke in November could be a blessing. That game means nothing. It is what happens in March that counts.

Why would it be a blessing? You think opposing teams will take it any easier on UK because they're ranked #2 instead of #1? You think the players would feel any less pressure to win it all because they're ranked #2 instead of #1?

Once again it wasn't what he said it was how he said it and the timing. You've got a bunch of UK fans juiced up coming off of 4 really good performances and you're going to immediately start on the negative nancy train? Totally unnecessary for a radio host who claims to be pro UK, and his actions tonight sum up the reason most who have ever listened to or dealt with in any way dislike him despite the fact that he hit one of the biggest shots in program history.

I wish he wasn't a know it all, self absorbed, dbag....but he is. Once again I see the person, not the player.

Why would it be a blessing? You think opposing teams will take it any easier on UK because they're ranked #2 instead of #1? You think the players would feel any less pressure to win it all because they're ranked #2 instead of #1?

You can learn just as much from winning if you have guys hungry to learn. We do. Lets bust that ass against Duke. If we drop a few games let them be random ones on the road in conference, and not Duke.

You can learn just as much from winning if you have guys hungry to learn. We do. Lets bust that ass against Duke. If we drop a few games let them be random ones on the road in conference, and not Duke.

Agreed. Would rather beat Duke in both November and April and send K into another fake back surgery-plagued season in '19-20.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
I still remember how awful he was to listen to on the radio when he hosted KSR. Talked about pickling things for 2 hours. Not sure why he picked Duke to beat Kentucky when he’s never seen that team play a day in his life. Probably the Rick Pitino shtick.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
So what does this say about yourself seeing you would give your left testicle to have his job?

Why would a poster want his job so bad?

I’ve been in radio, pay isnt great. Is his evangelical mission on the financial level of a Joel Olsteen or something?

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I don't know, but duke is going to be good. No questioning that. I don't agree with Mills but I am not upset that he said it.

UK looked really good, but they were exhibitions. Real games against better teams will tell the tale. I am excited, UK fans should be, but it's a long season and a lot can happen.
What better teams?

ADVERTISEMENT