ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Mills

TheySoSensitive

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Says the teams we played are not good and we're going to lose to Duke. Never seen someone so full of them self, that's never actually full. Why be that guy Cameron?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
that sucks to hear, but I've heard similar comments about Cameron before
it's too bad; he could have been one of the most beloved due to the Duke game in 97

Sucks that he's used his platform to be a self serving, sanctimonious, dbag when so much good could've been accomplished because of his exposure. Instead he pumps his own ministry and probably actually believes telling stories about himself and how he did this and that is helping people. Totally oblivious...

Most of us HAD fond memories of him....until he opened his mouth which has soured a good part of the fanbase on him due to his arrogance, attitude, and acting like he's above UK fans.

Former players get 3 public screw ups(felonies and things of that nature do not count here) before people start to sour on them and dislike them for the person they are not the player they were. He was fine as a player, but as a person it appears there's quite a bit to be desired.

Mr. Mills has become just another stupid media jerk who says things that he knows will make people angry just to draw attention to himself. Like most other media types he probably isn't intelligent enough to get a real job.

LCHS%20Opening%20Day%20Mills.jpg
Cameron Meals

He came to our church to preach/sell dvds I think he talked more about himself than he did about the Lord.
Same here and he looked like he hadn’t had a shower in a week. Also grossly overweight and looked very unhealthy. Gave a decent speech but talked a lot about himself.

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
Same here and he looked like he hadn’t had a shower in a week. Also grossly overweight and looked very unhealthy. Gave a decent speech but talked a lot about himself.

He came to our church years ago, and wasn't that way, and he seemed like a decent guy. I met Jarrod Polson when he spoke at a Men's retreat a few years ago, and he seemed pretty humble, and understood that he had a platform. He was very honest about his time at UK, and his talent level. I find that as former athletes age, they seem to talk more about themselves than when they were younger. Have you ever talked to Derrick Miller?

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Says the teams we played are not good and we're going to lose to Duke. Never seen someone so full of them self, that's never actually full. Why be that guy Cameron?
He did say that the teams weren't that good but he also revised those remarks to say that they didn't have a lot to play for. They were exhibitions for them that were pretty meaningless. He did not say we WOULD lose to Duke, he said we could do so...and he is correct.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I’m not an insider but I get the impression he has extreme loyalty to Tubby and Pitino. My guess is he’s heard a lot of the BBN criticize Tubby (personally I think he’s a nice person but ran his course at UK) and crucify Pitino (Pitino can rot as far as I’m concerned- total rat scum bag). Why Cameron turned into an ass hat I can’t answer but he’s definitely lost the backing of a lot of the BBN and deservedly so.

He did say that the teams weren't that good but he also revised those remarks to say that they didn't have a lot to play for. They were exhibitions for them that were pretty meaningless. He did not say we WOULD lose to Duke, he said we could do so...and he is correct.

There is a big difference between "would" and "could"; this is another example of why you cannot believe everything you read/hear. I was listening, and he did say that he did not think the teams were that good, or they "mailed it in". He did say that they (the other teams) didn't have much to play for, which is entirely true. We could lose to Duke on Nov 6. If we do, it's ok; it's not March.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Mr. Mills has become just another stupid media jerk who says things that he knows will make people angry just to draw attention to himself. Like most other media types he probably isn't intelligent enough to get a real job.
So what does this say about yourself seeing you would give your left testicle to have his job?

There is a big difference between "would" and "could"; this is another example of why you cannot believe everything you read/hear. I was listening, and he did say that he did not think the teams were that good, or they "mailed it in". He did say that they (the other teams) didn't have much to play for, which is entirely true. We could lose to Duke on Nov 6. If we do, it's ok; it's not March.
Yep, but someone here posts something and 20 others believe it and run with it as if it were true.

Everyone is waiting to be offended nowadays. Some hear what they want to and run off to rile up the mob. I thought it sounded off with a UK guy saying we “were” going to lose instead of we “could” lose.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
Yeah, but what is that opinion based off of? He hasn't seen Duke play, so he's just attempting to garner attention, albeit negative.
I don't know, but duke is going to be good. No questioning that. I don't agree with Mills but I am not upset that he said it.

UK looked really good, but they were exhibitions. Real games against better teams will tell the tale. I am excited, UK fans should be, but it's a long season and a lot can happen.

ADVERTISEMENT