ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Reddish Nearing a Decision

Considering NBA personnel has been known to be openly critical of Duke players not adjusting well to the NBA...how the heck do these recruits not take that into consideration?

What's Coach K telling recruits the last 3 years that he wasn't 2009-14? I do not believe the brotherhood BS is a real selling point. If so...then it's pretty sad.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Considering NBA personnel has been known to be openly critical of Duke players not adjusting well to the NBA...how the heck do these recruits not take that into consideration?

What's Coach K telling recruits the last 3 years that he wasn't 2009-14? I do not believe the brotherhood BS is a real selling point. If so...then it's pretty sad.

It's probably more Capel connecting with them than K at this point.

He's trying. He just got time coaching him that the other coaches didn't and still gonna loose him. It's not momentum cal hasn't landed a top 5 player since skal and we all know how that turned out. K and Capel is just out recruiting us right now plain and simple.

They're not out working our staff...there is something that has changed since 2014 with Duke. I almost wonder if they're promising post career jobs...etc. A national championship didn't change things. It sure hasn't helped any other teams the last 7 seasons.

He's trying. He just got time coaching him that the other coaches didn't and still gonna loose him. It's not momentum cal hasn't landed a top 5 player since skal and we all know how that turned out. K and Capel is just out recruiting us right now plain and simple.
"right now" as in the past couple days for Bagley? Sure. They beat us for him. But let's not act like we haven't have the #1 recruiting class essentially every single year since Cal has been here.

Spare us this ridiculous speech. How did last year's greatest team ever work out?

Duke will get theirs, and we will get ours . Not really to concerned.

We literally have the top 1 or 2 class EVERY single year. But now some seem to think we need to recruit even "better" bc were not landing "legit top 1-5 players" except we still are... and will

It is rather amusing to see Duke going ALL in on the one n dones. Like allll in, when just a couple years ago K , their fans , media etc kept saying "one n dones are ruining college basketball!"

And again LOL at bagley just magically being able to reclassify AND be accepted into a prestigious University 2 weeks before clases start. lol that's not sketchy at all

Last edited:

He has a shady past. He's a loud & obnoxious lockeroom boy. We know from Bolden recruitment that his tactics are dirty. He lies about Cal/UK. Nolan & Shyer have more charisma.

I just have a hard time seeing how parents connect with him. BTW, Knox family was not a fan of Capel.

So again, I'm just trying to figure out what changed starting in 2014 that ramped up Duke recruiting. Something sure did.

Duke will get theirs, and we will get ours . Not really to concerned.

We literally have the top 1 or 2 class EVERY single year. But now some seem to think we need to recruit even "better" bc were not landing "legit top 1-5 players" except we still are... and will

It is rather amusing to see Duke going ALL in ok the one n dones. Like allll in, when just a couple years ago K , their fans , media etc kept saying "one n dones are ruining college basketball!"
tenor.gif

"right now" as in the past couple days for Bagley? Sure. They beat us for him. But let's not act like we haven't have the #1 recruiting class essentially every single year since Cal has been here.

Actually we have not. We've been in top 2 every year but I do believe Duke has had #1 three years in a row now. Maybe 4 in a row...not sure about the Okafor, Jones, Winslow year. If they were #1 That year then it is 4 in a row

Last edited:
anyone think on top of K's coincidental timing with his knee surgery and staying back to recruit Bagley instead of taking his team on that trip, that its slightly sketchy he sent a few guys to Cali to work in that Nike Skills Academy? Basically using his current players as a recruiting tool since he selfishly canceled that trip on them? Im not too familiar with how the skills academy thing works so I may be wrong, but directly citing guys like Bolden and Duval as participants just sounds like K throwing his minions out to recruit for him

Last edited:
He has a shady past. He's a loud & obnoxious lockeroom boy. We know from Bolden recruitment that his tactics are dirty. He lies about Cal/UK. Nolan & Shyer have more charisma.

I just have a hard time seeing how parents connect with him. BTW, Knox family was not a fan of Capel.

So again, I'm just trying to figure out what changed starting in 2014 that ramped up Duke recruiting. Something sure did.

By that notion Cal has a shady past as well.

What makes him a "loud and obnoxious locker room boy"?

Actually we have not. We've been in top 2 every year but I do believe Duke has had #1 three years in a row now. Maybe 4 in a row...not sure about the Okafor, Jones, Winslow year. If they were #1 That year then it is 4 in a row

Duke #1 three years in a row?

We were #1 the 5 years or so before that ... are you sure they've had the unanimous #1 class the last 3/4 years ?

Gimme

Zion
Barret
Quickly
Shiitu
King

Maybe Brown

And I'm more than happy. Couple that with , most likely , at least a couple returning guys from this years team and were right back in the hunt again.

We aren't gonna win it all every single year. We may not even get to a FF every year. Yes it's frustrating. The Wisconsin loss literally changed me lol. Like
I was effing heartbroken. Worst loss I've ever experienced and probably ever will experience. I was so so so so so so invested that season.

I'm invested every season but I learned after that year I can't let UK basketball effect me that much . It was almost sorta taking the fun out of it bc each year we didn't win a title I was upset / not satisfied.... but I mean what "more" can we ask for? We have a coach that legitimately puts us in the "discussion" as a legit contender nearly every single year .

JMO of course

Gimme

Zion
Barret
Quickly
Shiitu
King

Maybe Brown

And I'm more than happy. Couple that with , most likely , at least a couple returning guys from this years team and were right back in the hunt again.

We aren't gonna win it all every single year. We may not even get to a FF every year. Yes it's frustrating. The Wisconsin loss literally changed me lol. Like
I was effing heartbroken. Worst loss I've ever experienced and probably ever will experience. I was so so so so so so invested that season.

I'm invested every season but I learned after that year I can't let UK basketball effect me that much . It was almost sorta taking the fun out of it bc each year we didn't win a title I was upset / not satisfied.... but I mean what "more" can we ask for? We have a coach that legitimately puts us in the "discussion" as a legit contender nearly every single year .

JMO of course

I'm wit ya, I changed after that loss.

I'm wit ya, I changed after that loss.

Ugh yeah man, like I'll still get a little downtrodden now and then if I think about it to much.

I remember. I watched it with my best bud. I of course thought history was being made and we would win and go on to be 40-0.
We had plans to go to the bar up the street from my house (Taylorsville rd area ) to "celebrate" / just have fun .

I started getting a sinking feeling in the first 10 min but I thought we'd pull it out.
When the final buzzer sounded me and my bud just sorta sat there lol. We said maybe 10 words total for the next 15 min, then he just went home .

That night and like the 2 weeks after that sucked

anyone think on top of K's coincidental timing with his knee surgery and staying back to recruit Bagley instead of taking his team on that trip, that its slightly sketchy he sent a few guys to Cali to work in that Nike Skills Academy? Basically using his current players as a recruiting tool since he selfishly canceled that trip on them? Im not too familiar with how the skills academy thing works so I may be wrong, but directly citing guys like Bolden and Duval as participants just sounds like K throwing his minions out to recruit for him
Bolden was there to show the other "can't miss 5 star recruits" how to sit on the bench properly.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all ya need is a knife.
It's like rain on your wedding day....it's a free ride when you've already paid. Ohhhh I'm getting delirious with all this damn Fluke talk. It's like never ending. Unreal how people prop them up and act as if they're on UK's level. Hell, they didn't win their first title until the 1990s. Think about that for a second. :flushed:

It's like rain on your wedding day....it's a free ride when you've already paid. Ohhhh I'm getting delirious with all this damn Fluke talk. It's like never ending. Unreal how people prop them up and act as if they're on UK's level. Hell, they didn't win their first title until the 1990s. Think about that for a second. :flushed:

Right ? And lol, now I legitimately have "ironic" stuck in my head

......> heading to Apple Music to DL the song

Duke #1 three years in a row?

We were #1 the 5 years or so before that ... are you sure they've had the unanimous #1 class the last 3/4 years ?

4 years depending on which recruiting service you use. Neither of us has been unanimous. 247, ESPN, Rivals usually vary in composite rankings.

Did some you guys really believe We've had the unanimous #1 class the last 4 years? Keep up a little better

Reactions: Col. Angus
Get ready for it guys. If you thought the whole "every recruit is a Duke lock" was bad before. It's gonna be ramped up ×1,000 after them getting Bagley. Nauseating.

I still do not think duke can beat us this season, alot of the problems that plagued them last season will still be lingering around this year. They would feel funny with jarred vanderbilt shutting allen's pretty boy ass down again..

Would not put it past him. He's strategy has been to get one top recruit to verbal early but keep it hush, hush & have them tale their recruiting visits with other Duke targets & let them recruit. Giles was the lead recruiter for the whole class last year.

Would not put it past him. He's strategy has been to get one top recruit to verbal early but keep it hush, hush & have them tale their recruiting visits with other Duke targets & let them recruit. Giles was the lead recruiter for the whole class last year.
I understand ex players going to these events and teaching skills and helping recruits but I feel like there has to be some conflict of interest in sending current players to these events. again, not sure the rules or regulations on these sort of events but it just sounds shady.

4 years depending on which recruiting service you use. Neither of us has been unanimous. 247, ESPN, Rivals usually vary in composite rankings.

Did some you guys really believe We've had the unanimous #1 class the last 4 years? Keep up a little better

Nope, never thought that we had the "unanimous #1 class the last 4 years" but I know that Duke didn't have the #1 class every year for the last 4 years as you stated in your previous post.

No offense but I'm Pretty sure most of us are "keeping up" just fine with UK news/ recruiting ... which is why a few of us were a little surprised to see another college basketball fan claim (in response to a post saying we have the #1 or #2 class every year ) that Duke has completely had the #1 class the last 4 years.

I understand ex players going to these events and teaching skills and helping recruits but I feel like there has to be some conflict of interest in sending current players to these events. again, not sure the rules or regulations on these sort of events but it just sounds shady.

Duke sends their players from last season to skills camps to try and recruit incoming players.

We send ours to the NBA.

Hows this even a tough choice for a kid?

Do you feel like we could get Reddish at all?
A small chance .... as of now my class prediction would be quickly , Barrett , zion, shittu, after that its anyone's guess. There is a reason cal isn't offering Louis king and I wish and would love to know why . I guess he feels if he gets the above players and have a few guys back that will be enough. Would love to have him. I'm sure a few new names will come out like the big kid Johnson penn

Reactions: Stonewall12
If I guess now just guessing diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington jr , and Knox are gone for sure and Gabriel and perhaps Richards test the waters
That leaves green, sga ( possibly could see a scenario where he gets drafted) baker , skj and possibly Richards and Gabriel
Add in quickly , Barrett, zion, shittu and a couple more guys then we are loaded back up and have once again enough talent to win it all.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
one good thing about Reddish deciding soon is it allows Cal to focus elsewhere sooner in the case he doesn't come. Can go all in on Shittu, Zion, Louis King and Barrett.

Reddish I feel will be at duke. Coach k is sticking it to cal since 2015. Rsci rankings only 1 top 5 player since then and it was skal. I think duke has had 5 or 6. Grabbing the last 2 #1 ranked players. Duke will need a monster class in 18. Cause they will loose there're entire starting 5. They get Jones and reddish and selling rj Barrett on playing the 3. If they pull it off I will puke.
Maybe we can get Bobby Perry type guys, Cal has been slacking off

ADVERTISEMENT